Crane 167 Snack Taking money and not communicating with selections

There should be a way to check your motor count.  This will tell you if the machine is recognizing all of the motors or missing some.  Before swapping boards, confirm that everything is connected on the board and there are no blown fuses or open connections or cut/pinched wires.

When you insert money does it display correct amount on the front of machine? Before yo enter any payment, make a select to see if pricing is being held in board. Make sure the keypad is fully plugged in. 

If keypad is fully plugged in, try doing a RAM clear. You will need to resaet the machine set up after the RAM clear so be sure to mark down current settings (i.e.-- pricing, motor coupling, validator settings and CC settings

• Like 1

The UCB board does have a reset. Press and hold the service button until display reads Audit Data. Then press 1-3-9-1-1. Then press 9-1-1-1.  Machine will ask you  then to clear dex, pricing, and options. Be sure you have written down your prices, motor coupling, & options

• Like 1

I followed these instructions and nothing happened. I may have misunderstood though. I pressed the service button and Audit Data was displayed on the screen. I pressed these numbers in this order and nothing happened.

You most likely have a broken wire on the harness from the tray to the machine.  Turn the machine off, pull the shelf out part way, unplug the harness from the machine.  Remove the shelf (I can skip this step), and check the wires that go into the back of the harness.  You'll have to remove the 'cover" over the wires.  Most likely, One of the wires is broken in there.  remove the bit of broken wire with needle nose pliers and reinsert the loose wire into the harness with a thin screwdriver.  Put the cover back on the harness and reinstall the shelf.  Your "make another selection" problem is now solved.  

Golfdog, thank you for that, but "make another selection" does not appear on the display. I've solved that issue in the past, but this seems to be something different. 

Cvending thank you, I will give that a go. There were people in there, I will go later on when nobody is around and see if I can hear a beep after pressing the first set of numbers. I just pressed them back to back without a pause.

They play immediately and are fairly loud. You should not hsve an issue hearing the beeps. It will then prompt you through the questions. If that does not happen you may have a bad UCB boards.  That board is the smaller mboard and are interchangeable if you have any spare.

It sounds to me like maybe your motors are t recognized.  Try to configure motors.  I think it will count all motors that it sees.  Then it might work.  If it's a stock 167, I believe on the service keypad there is a button for "config motors".  Try navigating that.