AP Studio-Correct change light

Snickers

Just got an account where they have 2 Studio snack machines. These are both 5 wide versions with the board on the door. When you press any selection on the keypad it flashes the use correct change light on the display. Even tho you do not need correct change I'm thinking this is resulting in some loss of sales. They told me there that both machines have always done that. Is that normal on these? How do I get rid of it?

Empty both coin mechs and refill them by using the Tube Fill mode in the logic boards.  The machines need to count the coins into the tubes.  In that mode you will drop your coins into the tops of the coins mechs so they are counted one by one.  It sounds slow but it's not really that slow.  Just make sure you do it with all the coins in the mechs.  Once you do that you should be good.

I'm going to assume this is a "SL" Studio, and not the newer "ST" Studio. This is a simple, but frustrating board. There is no tube fill or dispense functions, so exact change is strictly up to the coin mech. At minimum, there should be 12 nickels and 12 quarters to properly function so check the change tubes. If the tubes have coins, but not full, I would top off the tubes then make a $1 vend with 10 nickels and 2 quarters.

If that doesn't work, get us the make and model of the coin mech

• 4 years later...
On 9/19/2016 at 4:23 PM, venddoctor said:

The correct change light blinks on the Studio (SL Version) when you don't have enough money in the machine to purchase the item you have selected.

In other words if you make a selection with no money in the machine the correct change light will blink even though there are coins in the coin tubes.

Can you rephrase this. I recently got a new coin mech thinking that will fix the “use excact change” problem and it didnt go away. But it dosent really need the exact change. So i was wondering if its the motherboard but i dont know anymore. 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:45 PM, Matthew hernandez said:

Can you rephrase this. I recently got a new coin mech thinking that will fix the “use excact change” problem and it didnt go away. But it dosent really need the exact change. So i was wondering if its the motherboard but i dont know anymore. 

There is nothing wrong with the machine. When you press any selection without putting money in it. Correct change option blinks. Have you tried to vend any selections. You should get correct change dispensed. If correct change is not being dispensed then you have problems.