business phone line?

nrpick44

Just curious what types of business lines does everyone use for your business? I currently only use my personal cell # ( worst mistake ever! ) and I really wish I would have thought this out before I printed business cards, machine service labels, and etc.... with it on there.

Thanks in advance!

Just curious what types of business lines does everyone use for your business? I currently only use my personal cell # ( worst mistake ever! ) and I really wish I would have thought this out before I printed business cards, machine service labels, and etc.... with it on there.

Thanks in advance!

i use google voice...the upside its free and the voicemail transcription feature and layout/organization and integration with gmail and android is awesome

the downside the actual service itself is horrible i get disconnected all the time

when people call in, especially from phone systems so lately i just let everything

roll to voice mail and call back, this has not been great from a customer relations

standpoint.

When I vended, I used Kall8. I got an 800 number that I could forward to any number. I used my cell.

Its a great service, only costs $2 a month.

Web -- http://www.kall8.com

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

does it show as the number calling or the same # every time on your caller id?

i have google voice set to show my number on the caller id so it comes as "vending call"

instead of some number i may not know...this keeps me from answering every call with my business name

Incoming calls show the number calling. Outgoing calls will obviously show my cell.

Plus you can track all received calls on the dashboard on the kall8 website.

Incoming calls show the number calling. Outgoing calls will obviously show my cell.

Plus you can track all received calls on the dashboard on the kall8 website.

Will it allow you to create a voicemail along with their service? In other words, when someone calls that # it goes to that voicemail instead of my personal voicemail?

Thanks in advance!

I use a Tracfone cell phone for business only. Only $21.00 every three months. Works great!

I think this is an excellent discussion here. I personally still use my regular cell phone but I have been debating on getting a business line that gets directed to my cell phone. Until I am large enough to hire a secretary that can work in the office full-time, I want to get those service calls RIGHT NOW!!!!

I am even thinking about getting a smart phone with a data plan so that I can receive emails on the fly (literally, when i'm flying over the highway because i'm so distracted by the phone).

I use a Tracfone cell phone for business only. Only $21.00 every three months. Works great!

I have a separate cell phone I use strictly for business.

Never considered a Tracfone.

$21 for 3 mos is great.

How is the service/reception with that service?

I considered using Cricket when I first got started.

But, I spoke to quite a few people around here with it and no one had anything good to say about the service.

Reception and reliable signals are too important for business calls to go cheap

But, if you can get these things and a cheap price, that would be great.

Well said!

I use one cell number for both business and personal. I have all the people I know programmed in the phone and answer normal for them. The rest I assume are business and answer accordingly. I figure if I ever want to have separate lines I would get a new personal number and leave the number thats plastered all overs trucks and machines alone.

JD

Steve, does kall8 get expensive with those high per minute prices? Do customers use your 800 number a lot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. I never got many calls on it. My most expensive bill was $5 and change and that included the $2 monthly fee.

I'm not sure what they are charging per minute anymore. When I had the line it was .003 cpm but that was a few years ago.

I have a separate cell phone I use strictly for business.

Never considered a Tracfone.

$21 for 3 mos is great.

How is the service/reception with that service?

I considered using Cricket when I first got started.

But, I spoke to quite a few people around here with it and no one had anything good to say about the service.

Same here we use cell phones for business. ATT is who we use we have been with them forever. I know they are high but great service.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm a newbie but I setup my vending contact to my magic jack (upgraded to magic jack plus) which is only $40 ($20 for original) a year and I have the option to get a personalize number for a few bucks more if I like. I also setup my Magic Jack to forward my calls to my cellphone or any other number I choose...

Hello I'm a newbie but I setup my vending contact to my magic jack (upgraded to magic jack plus) which is only $40 ($20 for original) a year and I have the option to get a personalize number for a few bucks more if I like. I also setup my Magic Jack to forward my calls to my cellphone or any other number I choose...

I was looking at MJ but saw many people trash their custemer Service. You had any problems?

I was looking at MJ but saw many people trash their custemer Service. You had any problems?

Customer Service is not greatest but I was able to fix the issue with my device when it was acting up...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also use magicjack and usually have the calls go to voice mail which emails the voicemail file to me on my blackberry. I was able to get a number that ends in "00 as in xxx-x400" so it looks like a "real" business number. I have no problems with the service.

why would you want to hide from your customers, Yes we all get the B.S. calls, but at some point you should know what is priority and what is not..

...if you are hiding from your customers via phone answer service, you are the first ones that the smaller " operator, owners " companies are looking to get at

Not sure if that last post refers to me, but to clarify, I currently do this part-time and am not often able to take calls as they come in while I am at work. so I use the voice-mail/email optin adn call them back usually within 60 minutes. when I AM available, I have the calls forwarded directly to my cell phone. Frankly I rarely receive calls because I try to stay on top of the route.

And that is the one major thing that I've noticed on this thread. Some people act like a call from one of their customers is the end of the world. If you maintain your route, and your relationship with your customers, then you won't receive many calls.

I would rather my customers have direct access to me. Yes, it has caused some interesting calls, but nothing I can't handle.

The most persistent caller we have is from an assisted living facility we have. One person would call on occasion at 7 am to let us know we need to come out and fill the machines. When we stroll in there by 9 am, it usually has at least one of every selection still left. The employee was trying to be proactive by seeing that the quantities are running low and letting us know about it.

We resolved that problem by hitting that stop a day earlier than we had originally scheduled. It solved two issues: 1) we don't receive calls anymore about almost empty product and 2) we don't offend the account by getting cranky with or ignoring the employee who called.

It's all about customer service. I ran a call center in my corporate life, and understand without the customer there is no business. We do not blow off any account's complaints or issues, but rather try to work through them as best we can. And we can only do that if our customers can call us and speak with us directly.

Archived