Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

Hi Folks, need some help.  One of my machines seems to have a short.  It was running fine, then it just stopped, and threw the breaker switch.  When I turn the breaker back on, the machine starts, then when it starts to cycle, it popps the breaker again.  Can any of you tell me where to start looking for what is causing the problem.  I am not  tech or trained to repair so I'm kinda learning as i go.  Thank you!!

Are you talking about the breaker on the wall circuit, the surge protector on the power cord or a internal breaker, if it has one?

I have several full size coffee machines and have had this problem occur in one of my machines, the culprit was that the heating element had calcified and had overheated and split open causing a dead short in the machine.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the breaker on the wall circuit, the surge protector on the power cord or a internal breaker, if it has one?

I have several full size coffee machines and have had this problem occur in one of my machines, the culprit was that the heating element had calcified and had overheated and split open causing a dead short in the machine.

That sounds like a probable suspect (boiler). The simplest would be to unplug the molex plug that goes to the individual loads and plug unit 110v back in. This is isolating the shorted load such as boiler, pump, motor. I would unplug the boiler molex plug and plug in machine. then keep repeating until machine stays on or gives you a error. There are internal fuses located behind the coffee bin. Those are not popping so I would suspect that it may not be a dead short but maybe a ground fault as mentioned above. That would be like a boiler that busted and is shorting to water/ground.

Peace

Greatdane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, and thanks for your help and suggestions.  Sorry I havn't been back for a few days,   Turns out, one of the compression connestions in the back of the machine had failed,  and when the water pump started, it sprayed water on one of the electrical connections.  The connection that failed is part 15 on page E018.083.05 of the manual (exploded boiler page).  It failed where it connects to part 21.  The tubing is 1/8 so i'm having  little trouuble finding that size,  the hardware stores only stock down to 1/4.  This is an easy fix.    Thanks again,  John

• Like 1

Any new news on Canmax?

Maybe now we can get FULL tech support without the biz op bull in a very timely manner from manufacturer and/or new USA distributor without going through the Canadian biz op.

Saega provides awesome customer support and should be commended. I wish I could say the same for Canmax. It was a hit and miss there. I hope Jim gets hired by Seaga as his skills as tech support when available from Canmax was awesome. 

Greatdane

Hi, can someone please help - I have a near brand new Saeco SG 200 (Rubino) . the machine won't dispense sugar although I have programmed it in the drink setup as well as in the system setup to dispense without paper cups in the machine.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

• Like 1

Hi, can someone please help - I have a near brand new Saeco SG 200 (Rubino) . the machine won't dispense sugar although I have programmed it in the drink setup as well as in the system setup to dispense without paper cups in the machine.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Unless they changed the hardware in the machine, you need paper cups to dispense sugar.  There is a door on the sugar tube that is only opened when the paper cup hits it.  That's why the cup moves past the tubes and then back again to the end of the tubes. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Tx, for the reply - I have taped down the microswitch to make it think it has cups so now it works. the program does howver give an option to select sugar without cup - but it does not work? Am I misunderstanding this option?

I signed up in this forum for the same reason.  I am using the machine at home so I am not using paper cups.  But I want sugar.  I'll try taping that micro switch as well.  But I'd like the machine to just do it.  Is there a way?  Thanks.  This forum has already helped me before I signed up. Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wife says "HELP!".  We are getting calls almost daily.  Our cups are not dropping and then jamming on several of the SG 200 Rubino machines purchased in early 2012.  We have re-aligned cams, reset the cup carousel, and fluffed our cups.  Using International Paper SVR-8 Champagne.

I have noticed that the vertical seam on the cup is slightly lifted and may be causing the cups to catch or "lock up."  Has anyone ever had a bad run of cups?  Are we the only ones with cup problems?

• Like 1

Wife says "HELP!".  We are getting calls almost daily.  Our cups are not dropping and then jamming on several of the SG 200 Rubino machines purchased in early 2012.  We have re-aligned cams, reset the cup carousel, and fluffed our cups.  Using International Paper SVR-8 Champagne.

I have noticed that the vertical seam on the cup is slightly lifted and may be causing the cups to catch or "lock up."  Has anyone ever had a bad run of cups?  Are we the only ones with cup problems?

I've had the same problem with one machine.  I replaced the cups, the entire cup dispenser, the base just in case the cabinet was skewed and had no luck.  At first, I thought the arm just didn't have enough power. Watching the movement of the dispenser arm, it looked like the door was skewed and the arm was rubbing the top of the drip tray wall.  Rather than fight with it, I changed the machine and put that machine somewhere that used mugs, not dispensed cups.  If someone finds an answer, I'd love to know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the new cups yesterday.  The HV08622 cup has a smoother seam and a heftier roll at the top of the cup.

New question.  Has anyone bypassed the dreg drawer micro-switch?  The switch is not in the newer models.

• Like 1

I have only bypassed the cup switch. You can program the unit as 'no cup' but I find it is easier to just tape the micro switch and set for free vend while the unit is in my kitchen. I like to keep all selections without giving up a 'no cup' key selection.

My machines do not have that switch. Mine does have a dreg float switch that stops dreg container when full especially with auto rinse selected. I have fewer issues with auto rinse enabled. Uses a bit more water but prevents build up. A slow machine I visit once every two weeks is perfect with 5 gallons of water. I service the machine and the mixing bowls are really clean and problem free.

One option I tried is two put a variable on/off grounded 3 prong timer on one machine location to save energy from the always on boiler. I found that by de-energizing the exhaust fan in hi-humidity areas, it would make the french vanilla powder harden in the discharge outlet. Let the machine stay on all the time cured that problem. I put a timer on my machine at home and when 5 am hits the machine turns on and at 7 am it shuts off. I have had no problems at home due to my indoor 15% humidity.

Peace,

Greatdane