Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

I would reset machine and purge the air out of system by pressing the P1 + P2 to get water to flow through machine. You may need to do this a few times. If the pump is making noise, it is more than likely not the pump. If by chance it is the flowmeter, you can remove and clean it very easily as it is designed to be serviceable. Also, the pump is also serviceable as I had to take mine apart once.

Peace,

Greatdane

I would use a piece of tape to hold in the cup sensor switch. I did that with mine instead of "No Cup"

Hope this helps,

Greatdane

after rinsing SG 200 did make few coffees , but after it displays same error again (error 05 - NO FLOWMETER), pump is working and flowmeter is clean and it looks ok. Can I use one from some other machine ( Necta or similar) ?

I am located in Atlanta area and would be very interested in a repair service. Where would you locate this business and have you given any thought to how you would provide this service. Would this be a depot type service  

here I am in Canada. looking for a repair service as well.  My Saeco Rubino 200  purchased from canmax  decided not to let the brew group go back in after cleaning.  Spoke with Dave Parham at Seaga /Saeco  . He was very helpful,  the part that supposedly is causing the problem is the "power board rear" .  The cost is prohibitive.  Does anyone have a source for parts.

How to use Descaler     Every 3-4 months

Mix in 1 package to 1 litre water Put hose in solution

suck about 1/3 of solution

Leave 1/2 hour     RINSE

Suck up 1/3 solution  RINSE with at least 4 to 5 litres of water    

Info from Jim Lake at Canmax   in 2008

• Like 1

TO READ BEVERAGE COUNTERS

Press P2

maintenance

Press ENTER (NO CUP KEY)

scroll to statistics (+ Sugar)

scroll to total sales(+Sugar)

Continue to Scroll to Beverage Counter

Press ENTER (no cup key)

Scroll through to see how many beverages have been sold

To get out of this Press Cancel (Black Coffee)

It will take you back to Beverage Counter

Scroll forward to RESET

Press ENTER  to reset values on counters

• Like 1

BREW GROUP LUBRICATION

There really is not too much to lubricating the brew  group.  apply Vaseline or a good grade lubricant, which can be purchased at a restaurant supply store, into the internal tracks of the group.  You can use the brew group key to rotate the brewer through a cycle to get a full understanding of where these tracks are and to help move the lubricate into the hard to reach areas.  In addition to the tracks apply a small amount to the black piston shaft which is in the centre of the Brew group.  The idea of the lubricant is to help avoid wear from the plastic on plastic contact and to help keep the brew group cycling quieter and smoother when brewing.

• Like 1

REPLACING FLOW METER  info from Jim Lake (formerly from canmax)

THIS SECTION IS FOR TESTING FLOW METER

What you need to do is remove the back panel of the machine and then turn it on and see if there is water getting to the water reservoir if it  is 3/5ths full then it is,

you could do a water rinse and watch the water level drop and then rise when the pump kicks in.

THIS PART FOR REPLACING THE FLOW METER

The 2nd step is to power the machine off and then drain the reservoir by opening the clip on the hose from the front of the machine behind the sugar canister above the drain opening, after the water drains put the metal clip back on the hose.

3rd step is to remove the 2 hoses on the flow meter take note as to where to re-connect them, also unplug the 3 pin connection from the top of the flow meter.  Now just pull the flow meter up off the post it is sitting on.

4th step replace the old flow meter with a new flow meter and re-connect hoses and 3pin connection and test.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there!  Placed a machine last week, SG200 E UL. After plugging it in i here the pump run but no reservoir filling. the message no water appears. The operation and maintenance book says "see air-break device control section"; however, there is no section labeled that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, JohnM

Is this machine Plumbed or Tanked?

If it is tanked, you should go to the water intake tubbing (on the lower cabinet) and connect a syringe loaded with water, load the water with the syringe when the pump start to working. Also you should fill up the water tank with water (the one located in the back panel of the machine).

If plumbed, Fill the water tank with water of course (the one located on the back of the machine); try to dissasemble and check the water pressure regulator (check the black rubber membrane and add a little film of paste silicon or vaseline).

I think this will help you to solve the problem!

Sounds like you need to continue to bleed the air out of your water lines. This is done by pressing P1 + P2 at the same time. This energizes the pump getting water from the water storage tank. sometimes this line may come out of container. let us know if this works.

Peace

Greatdane.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, we are still working on the subscription service. We are working out logistics etc. We are actively asking for input from everyone. We know there are a limited number of Saeco experts in the USA. Canmax is gone. Let us know how we can help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm so happy I found this site, I just bought those sg200 used and I got the manuel, but just to understand them I need a diploma lol

I hope someone will be able to help me, there is my problem;

I got the machine started everything seem fine but there is one problem and cannot find the solution, the water from the boiler that goes to the front to make the beverage doesn't seem to stop leaking, it does little bubble in the pipes and keep leaking slowly, I did a couple of wash and rinse but still does it wich make the next coffee ( an hour later) less and less full. Please I need help

Thank you!

Doublell,

You will need to descale the machine or (in the worst scenario) go to each product water inyectors, get it disassembled and make a deep cleaning.

I will recomend you vinegar instead of any commercial descaling solution, You should mix 80% vinegar and 20% water and run de descaling program on your machine. I hope this should work for you!

This happens when you have your machine unused for a long time and equiped with water in his interior system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just got a sg200 and I am having trouble finding parts for it.  Anybody know where to get parts for this machine?  Tried searching on ebay and amazon but no luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

People have been contacting Seaga and believe it or not, The main manufacturer in Italy. Would be nice to speak Italian.

If someone does get ahold of Saeco in Italy, ask them who is providing parts and service for their USA model Saeco SG200 110 Volt Model. Overseas is 220 Volts. So be careful matching parts.

I have seen a person on ebay that is selling parts. Not sure if used but I have seen containers and the likes for sale. If you are interested use Ebays search features where you get notified by email if any of your keywords like Saeco SG200 Parts or machines

I notice about weekly people are listing on Ebay. Used machines not working have been appearing pretty frequently. Mainly it appears people get a few and park in their garage in cold climates where the previous owner did not drain the boiler and suddenly you need to replace 5 boilers (ouch). They take the loss and sell all cheaply to get garage space back.

Peace,

Greatdane

• Like 1

I am getting ready to place one of my Saeco machines and realized I don't have the counterbalance bar for the stirrers.  Was wondering if there was a something I can substitute for the bar or I do i have to find a exact counterbalance replacement bar?  

I have spare parts including the counterbalance bar for stir sticks as I stopped using the wood and went to plastic. I am located in Atlanta and possibly we could work out a swap for some item I need.Let me know if yoy are still looking for this part.

You can use a piece of round stock about the size of the stirrer sticks. One of my machines was missing one and I had some square stock and I just cut it to size.

You can go to hardware store and there are long bolts you could use or even round stock they can cut if needed. Just cut off the bolt end.

The weight is just to keep a little bit of pressure on the stix for vending and from warping in the machines in the somewhat humid environment.

Also a point of interest is to keep your sticks wrapped in plastic and kept in a clean dry place. They will warp and your kids will have 10,000 art projects stix. 

If you do have a very large case, wrap shipping tape around the box. There are a lot of these machines in the Florida, Arizona, california areas so humidity is sometimes a issue. Canmax appears to like to have biz ops in the sunshine states. Better than winter in Northern Minnesota where I live. Also, machines are less susceptible to freezing in warmer climates. 

Sometimes some of the operators experience tight fits during dispensing. This is easily fixed by using a small flat file and filing where it catches, usually in the ends. The stirrer dispenser is designed to take 2 sizes of stir stix. Normal popsicle sticks work the best. Avoid the very thin stir stx half the width of regular stix you may find these as coffee shops and are cheaper than popsicle stix.

Peace,

Greatdane

• Like 1

People have been contacting Seaga and believe it or not, The main manufacturer in Italy. Would be nice to speak Italian.

If someone does get ahold of Saeco in Italy, ask them who is providing parts and service for their USA model Saeco SG200 110 Volt Model. Overseas is 220 Volts. So be careful matching parts.

I have seen a person on ebay that is selling parts

Hi mate... have you tried to contact Saeco in Italy personally?

I am sure that they would have people who speak English... could be a good little side business for you if you could import parts directly from them to sell in the US as there definitely seems to be a shortage of backup support & parts    

• Like 1