Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

You should know that the 7P is no longer manufactured. Saeco doesn't make parts for them anymore. You would be far better off getting an SG 200. Unless you plan on buying xtra machines for parts. They are obsolete and there just isn't support for them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone looking to buy some used Saeco SG 200 units, please email me at jacinda@xpressoservice.com

ALSO, we are looking to sell our business in the Jacksonville FL area if anyone is interested

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I also will be new to vending after doing some work (hopefully not much) on an abandoned machine that I obtained recently.  Working on it will not be to hard for me since my job is maintenance for a chain of car washes, plus attending school for electronics.  I have obtained their Operators manual but now I am looking for a parts manual, including schematics, so any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I've been following this thread for a yr now (and it's AWESOME) and I'm finally getting going. My dad (His name is "Filter" if you scroll far enough back in the posts) attempted to do the whole vending biz, but his plumbing business boomed along with not understanding the programming here, so put them away. Now that I'm in town to help, well, here we go.

I've got a base down of how to work these machines, it seems pretty straight forward, but I've ran into a snag. Every product that requires coffee, it says "Beverage X Not Available". I really have not a clue besides unplugging, and rattling the bean hopper around. I've made a pretty BA Hot chocolate in the mean time.

Thanks,

LLWA

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Jaroslav and I am from Columbus,OH.

I bought 4 used coffee machines Saeco SG200 E not too long ago. Unfortunately I was not able to place them this past fall and I left them in my garage while occasionally using them.  We had really harsh winter and deep freeze and that caused for all my 4 boilers in my machines to explode. Does anyone have an experience in replacing them? If so is it hard and how much the new boiler cost and how can I get them without being CanMax member?

Thank you for all your advice.

• Like 1

You are not the first to have this problem. Most people forget to use the "Drain Boiler" option before storing. If I were to store in a freezing temp, I would run aur through the lines just to be safe. I would try Canmax for boilers. Also, there may be machines for sale for parts on ebay or the likes. They do sell parts to non approved operators. Also, you can try searching for boilers using the part number found in the manual. Also, maybe even overseas you might get lucky as these machines are found in Australia and other countries.

Some one mentioned that Canmax has filed bankruptcy but I have not independently verified that fact. 

Peace,

Greatdane

Hi guys, 

My machine is still down here in California after trying to switch the pump from the tank to direct water line. All I did was disconnect two wires that were operating the pump and then put them back, but now there is no power going to the rest of the machine from, but both circuit boards are lit up and the dollar collector is working. 

Can anyone get me a copy of the schematics for the Saeco Barista supremo 200 series? I have the operators manual, but I need something a little more technical to try to find a fuse or something that must have gone out. 

• Like 1

You can check the wires that head down from the top. You will find 4 wires that head down to the base. One set is for the pump and second set is for the dredge float (make sure it is not full or switch closed). If those get reversed, it will not work. Should be able to disconnect pump wires at the base and move them over to the water off/on solenoid. 

If you need to check the fuses, they are located behind the coffee bean bin. 

I bought 4 used coffee machines Saeco SG200 E not too long ago. Unfortunately I was not able to place them this past fall and I left them in my garage while occasionally using them.  We had really harsh winter and deep freeze and that caused for all my 4 boilers in my machines to explode.

Hi Jaroslav,

Would you be able to post a picture of the boiler?

I have never seen this happen before & would like do see exactly what you are referring too... I was hoping you may be able to refurbish your damaged boiler's as this would be a cheaper option than having to buy "new" ones but if they are completely damaged/broken your only option would be to replace with a new boiler..

I have replaced many boiler's over the years & it is not a hard job.. I have never worked on a Saeco SG200 though but I can't imagine it would be much different.

Nice find.. I am sure a lot of people who use Saeco SG200's will be happy that they now have a source for spare parts

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Jaroslav and I am from Columbus,OH.

I bought 4 used coffee machines Saeco SG200 E not too long ago. Unfortunately I was not able to place them this past fall and I left them in my garage while occasionally using them.  We had really harsh winter and deep freeze and that caused for all my 4 boilers in my machines to explode. Does anyone have an experience in replacing them? If so is it hard and how much the new boiler cost and how can I get them without being CanMax member?

Thank you for all your advice.

Has both parts of the boiler cracked? I ran into the same problem, but luckily for me one side still was salvageable on all 6 of my machines. If that's the case, you can save quite a bit of money than buying a whole boiler system.

Boiler question,

I'm pretty sure the boiler is not turning off. Here is what is happening. One of the lines to fill a cup keeps slowly dripping (Condensation from steam). On the back of the machine, from the blue tubes, hot steam keeps blowing out. I do not have the back plate on for the fan to blow the steam constantly out as I'm working on the machine. My question is, is this a problem with the thermostat? If so, is there a way to fix it? Or just purchase a new one.

Thanks, 
LLWA

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... I have a machine that says NO CUP on the screen. I have the standby text set as the name of business but it doesnt ever show. Its set for free vend and I took the cup dispenser out. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!!

Have a problem with one Saeco group 200, so if anyone could I would be very grateful!

it displays error 05 - and in menu I got NO FLOWMETER

I deal with Necta Colibri and this one is kind a weird to me ..... it seems to me that the water pump could be the problem .....

• Like 1

I would reset machine and purge the air out of system by pressing the P1 + P2 to get water to flow through machine. You may need to do this a few times. If the pump is making noise, it is more than likely not the pump. If by chance it is the flowmeter, you can remove and clean it very easily as it is designed to be serviceable. Also, the pump is also serviceable as I had to take mine apart once.

Peace,

Greatdane

Hey guys... I have a machine that says NO CUP on the screen. I have the standby text set as the name of business but it doesnt ever show. Its set for free vend and I took the cup dispenser out. Any suggestions?

I would use a piece of tape to hold in the cup sensor switch. I did that with mine instead of "No Cup"

Hope this helps,

Greatdane

• Like 1

I have an SG200 sitting in my kitchen that I'm learning to program.  I'd like it to be able to produce a shot of espresso--just a shot.  Right now, no matter how I set the timer on the "coffee" it fills up the cup.  I just want an ounce of coffee.  Anybody have any idea how to get it to do this?  I have a feeling that it's something simple that I'm not doing...

Well, of course as soon as I posted a question here it started working as I had hoped.  I used to work in tech support for computer software (*shudder*) so I know that a newbie like me can cause a machine to fail just by touching it.  Anyway, the thing is working now... until I look at it funny... :D

We are wanting to start a Saeco tech subscription service. Our techs have extensive knowledge of Saeco machines, from setup and programming to repair and maintenance. It would be hourly, or a monthly subscription.

Wondering if anyone would be interested

• Like 1