Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

Yeah, I had a feeling this might actually be in SoCal from the phone number in the ad.  I get so tired of people posting ads in cities they're no where near.  I doubt I'd ever be so desperate for a machine that I'd travel 12 hours round trip to pick it up, especially at those prices.

• Like 1

Thought others would find this interesting. Looks like a complete set up. 27 machines! 

If you click on the pictures, you can see what vinyl wrapping can do to impact sales.

I really like the trailer and advertising vinyl wrapping. I must have that trailer.  :)

Peace,

Greatdane 

Wow now that's an investment. I sent an inquirey... I have located a couple of Saeco 8p's they seem more attractive for than the 200/ Ant knowage on thay model? The machine I wish I could find used is the  Cristallo 400 . Ihave searched high and low and I guess no one will part with them. That's a good sign!

• Like 1

The machine I wish I could find used is the  Cristallo 400 . That's a good sign!

Could also mean they have not sold very many or are too new in the market and thus there will be no secondary market to speak of.

Just also want to give kudos to our friend, Great Dane, for being such a helpful resource. As long as we keep on talking about SAECO SG200 it will stay high up in the search rankings for people to find. This thread is, I think, the most viewed thread on TVF with nearly 20,000 views all because you were willing to share what you know.

Thanks again buddy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-  I am trying to get information regarding descaling the machines.  Canmax use to offer a descaling solution that is no lingered offered through Saega.  Saega support says that the only way to descale the machines is take out the parts that need to be descaled such as the boiler and valves and use a commercially available descaling solution to descale them. Does anyone have experience in descaling their machines?  Is it even necessary?

• Like 1

I always understood through the Barista program that the Rubino 200 machines did best on dark roast beans.  I have a customer who would like to try a medium to light roast.  Has anyone tried a medium to light roast in their machines?

• Like 1

Are you confusing Saeco with Seaga?  If you mean Seaga then you will get very poor support from them.  I would follow what the manual says as far as descaling.  There are other descalers out there from vending part suppliers or from Grainger.  You can also use diluted muriatic acid for descaling. 

• Like 1

It should only be the boilers.  You might need to rebuild the valves periodically, but only when one begins to leak.  There may be better advice from others here about this as my experience is from full size coffee machines.

• Like 1

Hello :)

I am very fortunate that the artesian well I use for water has non detectable levels of calcium, lime, and iron. Nobody wants their Saeco gourmet coffee to have a E. Coli outbreak. I have had it tested to be safe. This well is close to the well that our bottled water company uses. Buhl Spring Water. 

I find it is easier to buy new soft surgical like food grade tubing from our hardware store and replace the tubing in the machine rather than cleaning the waterways. It is very easy to replace these lines as they are friction fit. I did this to one machine as I had the back cover off of the machine in my kitchen and not thinking of sunlight. After a year, the lines started to turn green with algae. Note to others, always leave back cover on to prevent this ;).

If you are using city water -Not Advised- due mostly to taste I would invest in a filtration unit to remove these contaminants at your water fill supply. If you have your machine plumbed in, you definitely would install a inline filter based upon your water circumstances. It is best to use bottled water as the 5 gallon jug fits perfectly under the Saeco Rubino-Supremo SG200. This makes for a pleasant beverage and less problems with maintenance.

Peace,

Greatdane

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there is a new biz-op springing up where Canmax has left off.  Java Brew Collection (JBC) I have never heard of them but it appears to me that this is a replica of the Can-max model. Come in to a big city biz-op show, stress that they must attend a interview/sales show then if they miss out, the opportunity is gone in a blink of the eye. No time for diligent research. I have not researched them so I can neither approve nor disapprove of their business opportunity or methods. Maybe others could give us their experiences. One positive is that they are sleek, modern and eye catching machines. They must be from Italy :)

Peace in your coffee endeavours,

Greatdane

Looks like there is a new biz-op springing up where Canmax has left off.  Java Brew Collection (JBC) I have never heard of them but it appears to me that this is a replica of the Can-max model. Come in to a big city biz-op show, stress that they must attend a interview/sales show then if they miss out, the opportunity is gone in a blink of the eye. No time for diligent research. I have not researched them so I can neither approve nor disapprove of their business opportunity or methods. Maybe others could give us their experiences. One positive is that they are sleek, modern and eye catching machines. They must be from Italy :)

Greatdane

You know the drill ... if it looks like a rat, walks like a rat and smells like a rat - it's probably a rat  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Greatdane

Hi mate, I can't comment on the similarities to Canmax in there biz-op model but I did notice they are using Bianchi OCS Machine.

You are correct in saying these machines look like they are Italian as they are designed in Italy but I think you will find that some of there models are manufactured in China.

Can't seem to find who the US distributor is but they do have a stand at the 2014 Oneshow (Booth 170)

• Like 1

Greatdane

If you look at the bottom of the home page you will find the name Fresh-O-matic at the bottom, a company that has been discussed here some time ago. Looks like a different machine but a similar business model. Here is a link to the thread:

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/11532-calling-for-experiences-from-fresh-o-matic-distributors/?hl=fresh-o-matic

At this point I can't say for sure that it is or is not the same company (it does have the same phone number) but the Fresh-O-Matic we dealt with back in 2012 also sent us a letter asking for the removal of the thread and we felt there was the implication of further legal action being considered, much like the behavior of canmax that is referenced quite some time ago in this thread. At that time we choose to edit a couple of posts because they were pretty inflamatory.

A word of caution, if you are posting in response to this information I caution everyone to choose their words carefully and consider the consequences of making comments that are not based on actual experience.

• Like 1

Hello i just purchased two Sg200 coffee machines from kijiji 900.00 for the pair. Only one works so i used the other one for parts to get it working. Now working but need help programming it (kind of lost) is there a sheet with normal values to program in the machine. Also what supplies do i need for cappacino, latte , black coffee, coffee with milk hot chocolate and the normal things you would program in. Also i live in Ontario Canada and need to know where to buy supplies and cups. Any help would be fantastic

Thanks

Gavin

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

Seaga is looking to reduce their inventory on the Saeco SG200. They have 35 units to sell over the next 2 weeks.

1 Unit: $2,995

3 Units: $2,795

6 Units: $2,495

Each order includes:

The Rubino Espresso Machine

Base cabinet with tank kit

coin changer

customer kit

NAMA kit

This will end when the 35 units are sold. Ask for Andrew at Seaga, 815-297-9500.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greatdane

I went to a biz-op show and this company was there. They gave a very professional presentation and from what I have read in this forum they appear to operate an almost identical business model to Canmax - they are both located in a suburb of Toronto, Canada, though having said that they do appear to be two seperate companies. Fresh o matic is the parent company and is displayed in some of the literature, though you could easily miss it. Fresh o matic was also pitching at the same show in a different booth.

As has been pointed out the machines look almost identical to Bianchi LEI 200 models, with a few subtle differences which Bianchi is obviously making for them exclusively. They are built in Italy, and the coffee was excellent. If you purchase five or more units they come with  a five year warranty. Buying less will give you the standard one year warranty. I have no idea of the true value of these machines but they list them at just over $7k. The package they were promoting the most was for almost $38k for three of those units, plus two smaller units, which included marketing, coaching, instant technical suport etc etc I was interested until I found this site, plus they dont give you much time to do any research - checking your local market potential etc.

• Like 1

Hi there

I have recently investigated importing machines from Bianchi in Italy. I can tell you that at $7000 the machines are totally overpriced. The Lei 200 sells from Bianchi for less than half that price - this is for the most expensive one with double boilers. Bianchi will sell to anyone that wishes to buy directly as they do not believe in appointing sole distribution rights in a country.

I can tell you that there machines are far superior in respect of reliability to Saeco machines that many of you have referred to. I have Saeco's and Bianchis in service and the Saeco's demand constant attention  where the Biacnchi's just churn out cup after cup with not issues.

I hope this maybe of value to you!

• Like 1

To you and all others that have found this forum, I am so glad that this thread helped you do diligent research!

I wish the biz-ops would give you more time to do research as the sales pitch/interview happens so fast, like the next day kind of fast. You must make your decision while the profit dollar signs are flying through your head. At $38,000, +  you would have to sell a estimated 49,020 cups to just cover your investment. This would include product cost of about .29 cents a cup (my average)

I have yet to see a machine beverage counter I have purchased come even close to that number. Most Gourmet Beverage Saeco SG200's I obtained have less than 500 with a average of 300 including new machines that never even saw one purchase. if you do the math, it appears to be a long, long time before you make some amount of profit. I have just broken even with my investment as I purchased my machines so cheaply and included about a shipping pallet of product before i had to purchase more whipper mixes.

I am in no way saying this is not possible to sell 49,000 cups, but you better have pre arranged contracts with excellent massive traffic sales locations arranged in advance before signing your hard earned or (-credit) money away.

Keep up the due diligence!

Greatdane

• Like 1

Greatdane

yep, I once wanted to buy a Bikecaffe system.

but they wanted 18.500 before they would give me any facts them I had to come to their offices in colorado for a weeks training on my dime.

then pay the last 20.000 from operating the business.

way much for a gourmet coffee bike cart

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the place to make a post about this but this does seem to be the "coffee" thread.  I have a location that wants coffee and as I have never had to deal with it I have been reading up on this thread.  I do have a guy that is selling some Saeco 7 machines are these any good in comparison to the 200?

Also any help on purchasing the supplies such as the powdered milk and cofee and cups?  I am in southern california south of los angeles.

• Like 1

The 7P is just like the Saeco SG200 just different layout inside and bigger footprint.

I would go ahead and buy one SAECO 7P machine for a bargain price and place it at a location.

If all works well, buy more when a very good machine deal arises or when lucrative locations appear. Do not buy more than one until you have proven that coffee vending is for you (profitable)

As for supplies, I would google vending supply in LA.

Vistar is a great starting spot.

Van Nuys, CA  91405 818-785-3704 

Downey, CA  90241 562-622-5562 

Make sure that your beverage powders are labeled (Whipper Mix). It does make a difference vs say store bought powdered milk and hersheys powder.

There are anti caking ingredients and these are made for coffee machines. They give you a better end product like foamy frothy topping.

Peace,

Greatdane

• Like 1