delaying the inevitable

mainor5251

In all honestly this whole thing has been ridicule! I can't believe everyone can't just move on. I still see in other post people trying to bring up problems. It's sad, especially when members like me use this website as tools to help me create a successful business. This website is truly a priceless tool.

In all honestly this whole thing has been ridicule! I can't believe everyone can't just move on. I still see in other post people trying to bring up problems. It's sad, especially when members like me use this website as tools to help me create a successful business. This website is truly a priceless tool.

Thanks for weeding through the garbage posts.

I wish more of our newer members had your fortitude to wade through the BS like you do.

It's a shame you have to, but we hope to make it better soon.

I can tell you we are trying to keep the trouble-making posts to a minimum.

But, as a mod, we have to walk a fine line.

If we let the trouble-makers go too long and/or too far, we get criticized for not taking action and we lose members or scare off newbies.

If we keep trouble makers on a short leash we get dogged for being tyrants or hindering "free speech" on a public forum and we then appear less welcoming to those who express opinions contrary to our own...even though it's not opinions we try to moderate but rather bad attitudes, bad behavior, & insulting posts that we try to keep in check.

Yeah I totally understand. I am not even asking moderators to step in. I am asking for everyone to be big enough people to treat each other opinions and ideas with respect. And when it starts to go to far does let the post die. It's sad we have full grown adults fighting over stupid topics. I mean I am 20 and I find this absolutely ridiculous. So when I see adults 30,40,50 fighting with much more experience than me in life I find it very childish. Leave the past in the past and lets start rebuilding this community! We are here to help each other and help make the vending industry a moneymaking industry despite tough times and advancing technology.

-Austin

Yeah I totally understand. I am not even asking moderators to step in. I am asking for everyone to be big enough people to treat each other opinions and ideas with respect. And when it starts to go to far does let the post die. It's sad we have full grown adults fighting over stupid topics. I mean I am 20 and I find this absolutely ridiculous. So when I see adults 30,40,50 fighting with much more experience than me in life I find it very childish. Leave the past in the past and lets start rebuilding this community! We are here to help each other and help make the vending industry a moneymaking industry despite tough times and advancing technology.

-Austin

I think we have a entry for the "post of the week" award. ;D

LOL well lets like some of these comments so I have more likes in my green profile box ;D and then maybe I can look like one of the cool pro's B) !!! Everyone keeps quoting me but no like's lol! Momma said if I get enough likes I to will be a real man jk!!!

I also find it incredible that some people feel a need to pick at each other, insult people they may or may not know and basically be more rude here, in a basically anonymous space, than they ever would in person. There is a gross lack of respect in some of the posts that I find amazing. I don't visit every part of the forum and I actually had to ask and be directed to the source thread that this all eminates from. I don't see problems in the Full Line Forum like what I have been reading elsewhere, but I can tell you that I don't have an internal need to respond to childish, baiting or irresponsible posts either.

I always behave as the guest that I am here. This site is someone elses dream of a way to help people in the vending, amusement and bulk business and I am just happy to be a part of it. There is no way I would ever try to insult or degrade someone like the stuff I have recently read. This is the only active forum I have come across in the past several years and it is a shame that some short sighted and selfish people are choosing to put it in jeopardy.

I will definitely stick to the Full Line Forum where everyone gets along wonderfully.

Well said AZVendor... I just lost quote of the week lol :unsure: But in all serious I do agree! I didn't see any negativity in the full line section. Why did I choose bulk? Full line = better money, more mature people, ..... etc.

I will definitely stick to the Full Line Forum where everyone gets along wonderfully.

Full line forum. Our saving grace! I've said it before and was blasted for it but I will say it again, bulk vendors are very odd people.

One thing you guys can do to help is use the "report" button on a post of you see something go too far. Most of the time these "altercations" flare up in seemingly innocuous threads and go undetected for a while until we see it. For example, who would've thought a thread about a Folz quote would end like that?

We need everyones help.

That goes for my posts as well. I'm not immune to bad behavior so feel free to report my posts if need be.

Sure wish Mainor would decide to stay. He has made many helpful post and is definitely a beneficial member to this vendiscuss society! Hate to see a great member leave.

Mainor is leaving? I had not heard that.

I don't think Mainor wants to leave.. going by the title of this thread he started "delaying the inevitable" he feels like the TVF ship is sinking so he is going to jump off before it does.

I think if you told him that TVF was back for good he would feel different about leaving.

I personally don't think you could ever close this forum unless you had to financially because you would be hurting more good people than bad. I even think if it came to a financial decision the members of this forum would step in to keep it up & running.

I do want to say thank you Steve for the work you have put into this forum & I hope you realise that it is much appreciated even by members outside of the US :rolleyes:

I've been on here for awhile and really learned from you all at first,but lately there hasn't been too many real informative topics. I still get on here every day to see what is new and read what I derive as informative. All the other junk I bypass or read a cople of entries to see what its about. On or in public forums or places you have a very diverse crowd of people so you have to except what you want to allow in your space and dismiss the rest with non chalauant. If you allow it to get under your skin you are no different than the rest.

The info I absorbed off of this forum allowed me to purchase a larger route than I started with and and kept me from making some mistakes allong the way. I believe the moderators do an excellent job on here [but don't get that into the operation of this site].

Here is my thought, if people want to have these kind of exchanges give them ther own section at the very bottom of the home page so not everyone will be subjected to checking out this kind of topics. That away free speech and rights are not stepped on and the moderator just has to move the topic to that section. Then everybody has a chance at beening haapy

Full line forum. Our saving grace! I've said it before and was blasted for it but I will say it again, bulk vendors are very odd people.

One thing you guys can do to help is use the "report" button on a post of you see something go too far. Most of the time these "altercations" flare up in seemingly innocuous threads and go undetected for a while until we see it. For example, who would've thought a thread about a Folz quote would end like that?

Yea. Some might say that bulk vendors are similar to the Pit Bull breed. While many can be even tempered, a percentage are short tempered and will snap at relatively minor incidents and create a flare up. But the response and retaliation can get even more intense. When a Pit Bull bites, he rarely lets go unless forced to. So both sides tend to dig in real hard and draw lines in the sand and thus creates a more intense altercation.

But this is nothing new. The veterans can tell many stories about intense altercations on the old Yahoo boards. I have been lurking on message boards for 10 years now. The Vending Connection created one of the first bulk vending "big boards" on Yahoo. But it was essentially un-moderated and the flare ups went out of control. That board, like all the other Yahoo Boards, was closed down - many due to intense flare ups.

It looks like only strong and smart moderation can save a bulk vending board from catastrophic flare ups. A tip of the hat to the moderators. An imperfect and delicate balance indeed.

Oh, and no offense to Pit Bull owners! I hope that I did not just create another flare up!

Oh, and no offense to Pit Bull owners! I hope that I did not just create another flare up!

What?!

How much experience with pitbulls do you have outside of what the media reports?

Here's my current Pit ---- great family dog and friendlier with other dogs and people than EVERY OTHER dog I've ever owned.

Family and friends own poodles, chihuahuas, labs, yorkies, german shepherds, and all sorts of mix-breeds and none of them have a more even temper or calmer nature than any pit I've ever owned.

In fact, I also own a chihuahua and that little dog is actually more mental and less trustworthy around strangers and unknown dogs than this pitbull has ever been.

My pit even gets along with other pits...and he loves my niece's 2 yr old boxer who comes over regularly for play time w/my pit in our backyard. Never a hint of trouble.

post-1506-0-28446500-1365286361_thumb.jpg

post-1506-0-35506300-1365286364_thumb.jpg

OK --- sorry...I know you didn't want another flare-up...this is just a sensitive subject for me.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

What?!

How much experience with pitbulls do you have outside of what the media reports?

Here's my current Pit ---- great family dog and friendlier with other dogs and people than EVERY OTHER dog I've ever owned.

Family and friends own poodles, chihuahuas, labs, yorkies, german shepherds, and all sorts of mix-breeds and none of them have a more even temper or calmer nature than any pit I've ever owned.

In fact, I also own a chihuahua and that little dog is actually more mental and less trustworthy around strangers and unknown dogs than this pitbull has ever been.

My pit even gets along with other pits...and he loves my niece's 2 yr old boxer who comes over regularly for play time w/my pit in our backyard. Never a hint of trouble.

post-1506-0-28446500-1365286361_thumb.jpg

post-1506-0-35506300-1365286364_thumb.jpg

OK --- sorry...I know you didn't want another flare-up...this is just a sensitive subject for me.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Yes, I've know several people that owned pit bulls and they're great dogs - not an evil bone in their bodies (the dog's - can't vouch for the people). What we need is a special island (surrounded by great whites) for people that train pit bulls to attack other dogs. It's not inherent in these dogs nature as some people have been led to believe.

lol

flare ups are caused when people allow emotions to dictate their intellect or lack thereof! just my 2 cents

preparation h works good when you have a flare up

Yes, I've know several people that owned pit bulls and they're great dogs - not an evil bone in their bodies (the dog's - can't vouch for the people). What we need is a special island (surrounded by great whites) for people that train pit bulls to attack other dogs. It's not inherent in these dogs nature as some people have been led to believe.

some people say theres no bad dogs, just bad owners...well those people ahve never met my dog "Mr Nibbles" ...damn dog even stole my car!

w844ef.png

some people say theres no bad dogs, just bad owners...well those people ahve never met my dog "Mr Nibbles" ...damn dog even stole my car!

w844ef.png

You've got it all wrong Dogcow, it's his car - you're just the chauffeur (at least that's how my dog explained it to me)

w844ef.png

God Forbid! My female is almost smart enough to drive the truck and launch the boat at boat landing, try to push me away from steering wheel while were riding in boat!

mike

Archived