its raining good deals

TKK

It will also give you error messages. It will store up to 10 events of various kinds. The one I like is it will tell you when the coin lever was stuck in the down position. So if you have intermediate problems you can lookup the error history.

It tells you at glance how much change is in the coin tubes to the dime. Awesome Mech

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice thats awesome it seems to work for right now I guess its a matter of time. If the battery goes out in it what happens it stops working or does the LCD just turn off. I just dont get why it would have a seperate battery

Nice thats awesome it seems to work for right now I guess its a matter of time. If the battery goes out in it what happens it stops working or does the LCD just turn off. I just dont get why it would have a seperate battery

The battery is simply to retain all the coin mech data within the coin mech, so you know the historical data it has saved and so it can remember coin tube configurations and anything you have set.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I found this Coke machine.for 200$ also does anyone have experience w a Brandt 1200? Theres one for 300 and ive been using a magner 100 and sometimes gets jammed w dirty coins they offered me 550 for it. So I get this machine for free if I do this but is it a better coin counter

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/app/4056792228.html

Brandt is about the best manufacturer of coin and bill counting equipment.  I never had experience with the rail counter you're looking at, but what I'd do is take a bag of mixed coin with you to test the counter with.  Know beforehand what the value of each denomination is the bag you take and compare it to the totals the counter gives you when you test it.  Make sure you use a large bag of coin, $250 dollars or so, so you can really load it up to put pressure on the counter.  Some counters don't do so well with heavy coin loads in them.

The Coke machine is a good machine - can't make anything out on the s/n plate, so it's either a DN368 or 501T and it has a Coinco validtor.

The Coke machine is a single price as it has no credit display. 

Since only you know how well your Magner works and what you don't like about it, and because you haven't yet tested the Brandt, I can't say which is best.  The design of the Brandt might give you easier access to the coin rail if there is a jam?  You might want to find out which manufacturer has a local distributor that can fix either coin counter and put some weight on how easy it is to get one fixed.  Lots of banks and businesses use both brands, so I couldn't say which is more popular.

Some additional research shows that Glory now owns the remnants of Brandt.  Brandt was bought by De La Rue in 1995 who was bought by Talaris, Inc., who was bought out by Glory Japan in 2012.  There were some other controlling interest changes mixed in there since Brandt was originally sold by the Brandt-Quirk family in 1984.  My guess is that as wonderful as the Brandt counters were, especially their 6500 dime per minute jet counter like I used in my vending business, parts for them may be getting real hard to find since the company hasn't existed independently since 1995.  I could still get my Brandt sorter repaired in the late 2000's, but it might be harder to fix now that the company is totally gone.  The Glory 100 you have now has been discontinued for quite awhile, but Glory still exists so you can probably still get it fixed.  If you ever need to move up to a 6000 coin per minute counter, your best choice now is the Cummins Jetsort.  It was the Cadillac of counters in the 90's and probably still is today.

That's a really good machine there.  Yes, that Vmax can easily be changed to cans with all the correct parts.  Each column will have to have a shim and the gage bars need 4 clips installed.  I have parts for that  along with the T-handle parts and the coin insert parts to remove the vandalized coin insert bezel.  That bezel is high security and is great (in spite of the fact someone bent that one) if you want to use this outside somewhere.  The machine has other high security features too. 

Well hes willing to.take 300 so it seems good.I just dont sell bottles at all except powerade and water. Az I sent u a text about the bill validator..how much is the lock.its missing?

The T-handle and all the parts from the front to the end of the stud are between $35-40.  I will send you the validator tomorrow, I'm getting one built for you.  It seems I ship them out as fast as they are built.

I have one identical to that. I have it setup for 4 bottle selections and 6 can selections. Mine has been trouble free except a gage bar problem that was causing a few mis vends.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/17479-vendo-vmax-problem/

Well on second look I will say that it LOOKED identical on first view, but it looks like this one only has 8 selections.

Picked up the Brandt for 300 works great not as heavy as magner

I also stopped and got this fsi side by side. He did 250 and bought me 2 beers left escrow and there was 73 in dollars. Bad is it has a maka that works and the soda side is pretty loud

http://santafe.craigslist.org/bfs/4026473960.html

Theres this one I just dont do glassfronts

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/for/3960029919.html

That Bevmax is a good machine and a steal at that price if it has a good compressor.  There's nothing wrong with using glassfront beverage machines, you just need to learn how they work and how to properly set them up.  They make a great presentation.

I like my Bevmax's, they are great for locations with a mix of worker types (say a nursing home).  However, since I think TKK only does cans with a few bottles of water or gatorade mixed in here or there, I think he is right to avoid them.  The move from 10-12 selections of long dated can soda to what seems like an endless supply of weird shaped bottles, different packs types, short dates, different suppliers and stray bottles that roll everywhere when you don't use the entire pack nearly drove me crazy.  Those things increased the complication factor of the beverage side of my business a ton.  I've got one running at about 3.5 shelves of canned drinks and it is fine to deal with.  The other location wants only resealable containers (I talked my way into keeping canned energy drinks) and that one is a huge pain on the purchasing, transporting and expiration front.  If I had it to do over again, I would either stay away or fill them mainly with cans.  If you had enough glassfront locations you could deal with the expiration issues, but purchasing and transporting will still be a pain.  My Costco doesn't carry any bottled soda and I don't have a Sam's, so YMMV.

I like my Bevmax's, they are great for locations with a mix of worker types (say a nursing home).  However, since I think TKK only does cans with a few bottles of water or gatorade mixed in here or there, I think he is right to avoid them.  The move from 10-12 selections of long dated can soda to what seems like an endless supply of weird shaped bottles, different packs types, short dates, different suppliers and stray bottles that roll everywhere when you don't use the entire pack nearly drove me crazy.  Those things increased the complication factor of the beverage side of my business a ton.  I've got one running at about 3.5 shelves of canned drinks and it is fine to deal with.  The other location wants only resealable containers (I talked my way into keeping canned energy drinks) and that one is a huge pain on the purchasing, transporting and expiration front.  If I had it to do over again, I would either stay away or fill them mainly with cans.  If you had enough glassfront locations you could deal with the expiration issues, but purchasing and transporting will still be a pain.  My Costco doesn't carry any bottled soda and I don't have a Sam's, so YMMV.

I agree with the complication factor but from experience it gets much better and easier as you get more glassfront machines and transportation is not that difficult, you just have to stay organized. You probably ought to have a good size trailer or box truck though.

my 6 cranes/gpls came in 3000 delivered. they all have leds. great deal, the crane combo is awesome too. also come with all manuals, dual spirals, and look newwww. i need them.

heres some pics. my garage now has 15 machines :(

477D0DDA-orig_zpsbb6e892b.jpg

B2D1401C-orig_zps8c3e4a24.jpg

20AFC644-orig_zpsf3b19ca6.jpg

A19D3B57-orig_zps38041637.jpg

DA9E8F35-orig_zps6231a01e.jpg

74C0E76D-orig_zps5d6d2a71.jpg

whats posivend?

Hey, don't tell her, but we got to see part of your girlfriend.

Posivend is the same as the National guaranteed vend system called Surevend. Just the name crane put on the GPL machines to differentiate them from National machines.

Those are pretty new machines if the LED lights are factory parts.

If a motor runs and a product is not detected falling through the light bean across the delivery bin, then the motor will run to vend the stuck item. If a product is still not detected the machine will give the money back or leave the credit on the machine to be used again. This way noone will lose their money.

Archived