Ejection auger extension...What the heck do these little tabs do?

Maddog3632

These are product kickers

Help prevent hang ups

Also moondog uses them backwards on microwave popcorn to prenvent freebies

Test vend your stuff and figure where the pushers work best - for most items it's at 12:00 (not at the end) but it can vary.  If you want to buy more - get the universal ones that will work with either a CW (clockwise) or CCW coil.

Speaking of product pushers... As much as we all like to dog on older equipment, I must say that one of the best things about a polyvend machine is the giant spirals.  I can't say I have ever had a customer complain about product getting stuck in them.  Too bad the concept of big spirals has never really gone anywhere with mainstream machines.

My best guess would be that he puts them on the 6 o'clock position of the spiral facing the BACK of the machine so it keeps the popcorn pushed slightly back so they can't slide between the tray and the spiral.

My best guess would be that he puts them on the 6 o'clock position of the spiral facing the BACK of the machine so it keeps the popcorn pushed slightly back so they can't slide between the tray and the spiral.

That's correct Chris - on the 7600s it's about 7 o'clock

Who eats popcorn out of a machine?

Another product I will never put in a machine.

Crawfish in a machine I would make killing!

mike

You'd be making a "killing" alright - I doubt Crawfish would have more than a two hour shelf life.  Popcorn, on the other hand, is good for a long time and sells okay in some accounts.

Backwards is referring to the pusher being on the inside of the coil rather than on the outside.  I have to use them on Hershey's bars that way sometimes to keep the front one from slipping out of the coil.

Another good example and something I also do with the thin Hershey's

AZvendOr, welcome to the forum.  I presume you're also in Arizona.  Would you consider changing your screen name so that we don't get confused by other forum members?   Thanks.

I disagree about the product pushers being worthless, as they are very useful when they are needed.

Can you tell me who it is?

No.......... I was trying to compliment you...... It would be very hard for someone to pretend to be you. I am sure they couldn't compete with your style.

I didn't mean I knew who they were. lol

Oh, well thank you.  Yeah it was pretty obvious from that weird post that whoever it was doesn't know much about vending since the product pushers for spirals were referred to as "paddles."  The mods have informed me that the user name is being investigated as they believe it is one of several that someone is using.  So hopefully we won't see any misleading posts again.

Oh, well thank you.  Yeah it was pretty obvious from that weird post that whoever it was doesn't know much about vending since the product pushers for spirals were referred to as "paddles."  The mods have informed me that the user name is being investigated as they believe it is one of several that someone is using.  So hopefully we won't see any misleading posts again.

The offending accounts have been suspended and cannot post here anymore.... Fortunately it was only one post.....Feel free to use the "report" button on things like this that are unusual or seem strange so mods can investigate and respond a little quicker

Thanks guys I think I got it figured out. You do not want to put backwards with 3 musketeers it busted in half when it came around.

I can't imagine why you'd need to do that with something as thick as a Musketeers bar but you could shave the pushers down on a bench grinder.

Archived