Update on Route for sale

Well I stepped out and bought the route I had asked advice on here about 2 weeks ago. I simply couldn't turn it down, here's the specs.

9 locations, all canned pop is .75, all 20oz are 1.50 except for 1 account at 1.25 but they are 24/7 and I saw at least 100 cars there today during the day when I was there looking at equipment. There is another account that I saw at least 100 time cards at & yes these are both manufacturing accounts.

1.00 pastry, .90 candy .55 small chips & .80 cent cookies at all accounts. We don't have sales tax in Oklahoma on vending machines just tax stickers that are 75.00 per year. 

The other 7 accounts probably have  about 350 people total so I'm looking at about 600 people total. He says he's only doing 6,000.00 a month in sales. I found out today he has a guy that runs it for him when he's busy so I'm thinking this could be a 8,000.00 a month route with some TLC & a good mix of Hispanic products of which he carries none.

10 usable snack machines in storage all black fronts mostly national 158s 3 national 430 0r 431s didn't bother checking because I was already going to buy it by that point. One of them is a parts machine. About 15 ace water hookup coffee machines, they are easily worth 200.00 a piece even if some need parts. 

Total price was 300.00 per week for 130 weeks, plus inventory which will  be around 5000.00. He is giving me a couple months to pay for inventory and nothing down. The first payment is due a week after I take over.

15 canned machines on location/ 13 are bottler owned

2 national sand, on location

12 national snacks on location

7 bottle machines/ all are bottler owned

1 cup drop coffee/ national

1 canned juice machine company owned

A little scary, this will put me at about 125 machines on location plus about 10 bunn office coffee machines.

Well I stepped out and bought the route I had asked advice on here about 2 weeks ago. I simply couldn't turn it down, here's the specs.

9 locations, all canned pop is .75, all 20oz are 1.50 except for 1 account at 1.25 but they are 24/7 and I saw at least 100 cars there today during the day when I was there looking at equipment. There is another account that I saw at least 100 time cards at & yes these are both manufacturing accounts.

1.00 pastry, .90 candy .55 small chips & .80 cent cookies at all accounts. We don't have sales tax in Oklahoma on vending machines just tax stickers that are 75.00 per year. 

The other 7 accounts probably have  about 350 people total so I'm looking at about 600 people total. He says he's only doing 6,000.00 a month in sales. I found out today he has a guy that runs it for him when he's busy so I'm thinking this could be a 8,000.00 a month route with some TLC & a good mix of Hispanic products of which he carries none.

10 usable snack machines in storage all black fronts mostly national 158s 3 national 430 0r 431s didn't bother checking because I was already going to buy it by that point. One of them is a parts machine. About 15 ace water hookup coffee machines, they are easily worth 200.00 a piece even if some need parts. 

Total price was 300.00 per week for 130 weeks, plus inventory which will  be around 5000.00. He is giving me a couple months to pay for inventory and nothing down. The first payment is due a week after I take over.

A little scary, this will put me at about 125 machines on location plus about 10 bunn office coffee machines.

That all sounds pretty good so far.  I have been looking for a vending company to buy out but I can't find anything!  Everyone is holding onto their assets!  Those good-for-nothing evil capitalists!

My, you are a glutton for punishment.  Seriously though, sounds like some solid accounts there so you should do well.  I'd start by replacing all the bottler owned can machines with your own - no use to pay bottler prices just for the use of a can machine,  I'm surprised the previous vendor didn't do that himself at some point

I have to buy 3 cases a week per machine, so that will cost me about 6.00 a week per machine vs. pop from sams on my cogs.

In Tulsa Pepsi has the Dr. pepper franchise & they don't care if you run a couple of coke products as long as your reasonable about, they will fix anything wrong with the machine & usually move them for you as well. They have same day service if you call in early.

I will have a hard time replacing them as they all look just a couple years old or less, all mars 2000s, bubble fronts, etc.

Metro, this is a great deal and I'm real happy for you.  The financing is the best part of the whole deal and you shouldn't have any trouble paying it off quicker, especially if you get the idle machines out on the street.  You also good very good machines in this deal and the vend prices are good as well, so it really was a no-brainer.  Good going and much success to you. 

Congrats! That's A Ton Of machines! 125 wow. Try to pay them off faster, I've never gotten a loan for routes or machines just because they take away all u r profits. But definately what I would do is all the net sales after cost of good I'd pay it up so u r done fast. Instead of 1200 a month give the 3 or 3.5k net it makes u should pay it off in a year and a half or so that's just me I hate payments lol

Congrats! That's A Ton Of machines! 125 wow. Try to pay them off faster, I've never gotten a loan for routes or machines just because they take away all u r profits. But definately what I would do is all the net sales after cost of good I'd pay it up so u r done fast. Instead of 1200 a month give the 3 or 3.5k net it makes u should pay it off in a year and a half or so that's just me I hate payments lol

There's no advantage to pay off a loan faster unless interest rates are high. I don't think he has to worry about interest here but there might be no guarantee that he can net that much each month. I do agree that it's nice to pay things off quickly but it's also nice to use your cash to pay other things and keep expanding.

Archived