adding mars credit card reader

matthew0582

It also was proven years ago that customers don't understand how to use the 3-in-one setups. The independent card readers get more activity, fewer service calls. They will call when their card gets stuck in the bill path.

The drilling is so easy. I have abo7t a 50 50 mix of the 3 in 1 and the USA standalone. Usa is cheaper and has a wayyyy better back end. It's not even close.

Also as lacanteen pointed out, people get confused about the 3 in 1. It clearly says it accepts bills but I've had people work there for a few months after install that didn't even know it accepted bills lol.

And yes people stuff credit cards in the bill opening lol

Moving forward it's all USA if they pick up their customer service a bit. 

I have a bunch of the reader bezels out but primarily use them on glass front machines like bev 4 or royal 500 where there is no other easy mounting option.  As far as people putting cards in the bill slot, yes I had that happen but not on a combo bezel.  The separate swipe was there, but the (overserved) customer pushed it ALL THE WAY into the validator - bent the card at a 90 degree angle - and walked away.  No call, found it on the next restock! 

Anyway, the drawbacks are

1) MEI/Crane changes about $250 for just the bezel.  Probably cheaper to buy a whole new validator already with the bezel.

2) NO ONE repairs the bezels - if they stop working outside of warranty it's junk.  Can find them cheap on ebay but if it's broken, oh well...

3) Need to get an adaptor to use it with cashless other than crane, and not every system has them.  Crane does not share, what's out there has been reverse engineered, so not all features may work (like contactless). 

On the good side, those things look great and put on a super light show!  A good attention getter for the machine for sure, and easy to install. 

All that said, drilling the plastic on a 501 is also easy and not a bad way to go....

We have 5 of mei 4 in one bezels but they are all hooked up to USA techs back end. I prefer the 4 in one bezels because you don't have to drill but they are pricey if you have to buy them new. For any new accounts we use the regular USA tech setup and mei validator  

Out of the 8 501e's we have not a single one has a second knock out for cc AZvendor?? 

Archived