What to do with my excess snack machines.

Snoopy

Trying to save some money.  Going to convert my snack machines to soda machines.  Not sure which refer decks to use, but I will see which are the cheapest.  Need to order large capacity spirals as cans are thicker than candy bars.  The end results should make customers happy with glass front soda machine and maybe even some ice cream selections with a dual temp zone area.  Any thoughts?

You will absolutely save NOTHING by doing this.  This is ONLY feasible with machines that were designed and manufactured to do this, and ambient snack machines are NOT designed for this. Between insulation, door seals, insulated glass, and a refrigeration deck, it is practically impossible to convert an ambient snack machine to a refrigrated one.  You will regret it!!

Yes, this is a boondoggle idea and will not work.  Buy AMS machines designed for this purpose.  You can't just will a machine to do what you want.  Chris didn't mention that you would also need a logic board to run the machine as well which isn't available for your purpose.

Are you serious?  You do know what the properties of dry ice are and what it's used for, right?  

You know, I didn't even see the part of your original post where you suggested you could do a dual zone machine with soda and ice cream in a glass front snack machine.  

Are you just trying to mess with everyone here?

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

What if I use dry ice?

CO2 generation would be your biggest hazard leading to possible lawsuits and denial of coverage by your insurance because you didnt inform them that you were running a masterful plan of dry ice refrigeration. 

Stop being cheap.  You know and we all know doing it right the first time will save you in the long run.

Archived