Polyvend 6640 coinmech

Inone technologies has a board kit for that model.  It will cost several hundred dollars but you can run any MDB payment device and even add a card reader if you wanted to. Not sure if you want to spend that kind of money on it or not but a lot of people don't know Inone offers that Polyvend kit.

Was it a good coin mech? You could damage the coin mech if you used the wrong one.  As for having no power, was the board "off" (switch disengaged, display off) when you switched them?  If the coin mech was bad and had a short, you could have blown a fuse.

when you slide the panel out, the switch is no longer pressed which, to my knowledge, kills power to the board.  The only way to program that machine is to pull the switch out from behind the panel (because it should be "off" when you pull the sliding panel out).  So, if your polyvend goes "off" when you pull that sliding panel out, then you should be totally fine to change the coin mech.  If your polyvend does NOT go off when you pull the panel out, or you purposely pulled the switch out leaving the machine "on" when you changed the coin mech, you may have burnt out the board.  Are you aware if the display goes off when you originally pulled the door out?

I unplugged the machine before I installed the coinmech. Then plugged it back in the display came on for a few seconds and then went off. I found the fuse on the board and it was blown. So I’ll replace it. The problem I’m having now is the coinmech. I’m wondering if the coinmech is what caused the fuse to blow. I inherited tons of coinmechs from my uncle and to say he was unorganized is an understatement so I have no ideas which ones are good and which need repair. 

You can never assume any coin mech or validator that is out of a machine is a working unit.  Yes, you coin mech can be the problem.  Unless you are willing to go through these issues each time you use an unknown coin mech or validator then you should have someone check them out for you or buy yourself an expensive bench tester for them.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:40 PM, Snickers said:

Inone technologies has a board kit for that model.  It will cost several hundred dollars but you can run any MDB payment device and even add a card reader if you wanted to. Not sure if you want to spend that kind of money on it or not but a lot of people don't know Inone offers that Polyvend kit.

Going from memory, I don't know if there is a place to mount a card reader on this model lol.  Where did you see that inone sells a board for a polyvend?  I wouldn't dare put that much money into a polyvend unless I had a spare parts machine, but I just recently scrapped 2 and I am sending some parts off soon once I take them off.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:04 AM, AngryChris said:

Going from memory, I don't know if there is a place to mount a card reader on this model lol.  Where did you see that inone sells a board for a polyvend?  I wouldn't dare put that much money into a polyvend unless I had a spare parts machine, but I just recently scrapped 2 and I am sending some parts off soon once I take them off.

Inone has a kit. I'm sure distributors don't bother with stocking them but they can be bought from calling Inone direct. The story goes that the reason they make them is because of a customer wanting a bunch of them-like thousands. So they made them.

They told me the customer is in Australia. Must still be a pretty popular machine there. 

We had several at one time and I'm glad they are all gone. They never needed worked on tho and some got heavy use. We still have a few R32 models out there-I will be glad when they are gone but they will not die.  

15 hours ago, Snickers said:

Inone has a kit. I'm sure distributors don't bother with stocking them but they can be bought from calling Inone direct. The story goes that the reason they make them is because of a customer wanting a bunch of them-like thousands. So they made them.

They told me the customer is in Australia. Must still be a pretty popular machine there. 

We had several at one time and I'm glad they are all gone. They never needed worked on tho and some got heavy use. We still have a few R32 models out there-I will be glad when they are gone but they will not die.  

Same here.  Aside from the usual mech and validator, I never had to do any repairs on them.  Their downfall is not their quality but, rather, the scarcity of parts, the shallow cabinets, and the worst part was just trying to mount a validator.  I actually have never heard anyone say that polyvend 6000's were problematic at all.  The problem almost always came down to just needing to replace a motor and not being able to get them anywhere lol.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:42 AM, AngryChris said:

Same here.  Aside from the usual mech and validator, I never had to do any repairs on them.  Their downfall is not their quality but, rather, the scarcity of parts, the shallow cabinets, and the worst part was just trying to mount a validator.  I actually have never heard anyone say that polyvend 6000's were problematic at all.  The problem almost always came down to just needing to replace a motor and not being able to get them anywhere lol.

How many you need? I have motors for a 6640.

5 hours ago, CajunCandy said:

How many you need? I have motors for a 6640.

None!  I just got rid of 2 machines and I need to part out a few shelves and send some motors to someone else who needs some motors.  I was just stating that the machines are good but parts are hard to get.  Thanks anyway.

Archived