Anderson vending dolly

I use the Northern Tool heavy Strongway crate movers to move machines. They work great but are poorly constructed. I am constantly having to repair them. Ordering new bearings for the swivel part of the casters all the time, and had to do away with the oem straps, they are pure garbage. They are rated for 1300 pounds, but an average drink machine gives them hell. I was thinking about getting some Anderson dollies, but am not sure if they raise machines high enough to go over small obstacles. Also are they well constructed? Is it a pain to use the snack mach blocks to raise snack machines with tall legs?

You can get them with larger wheels to lift them higher. They work real well, I've moved a DN5000, a Bevmax 4, the big Royal View glass front, and a slew of DN501Es with it by myself. They will tell you the most important thing is the safety strap around the middle. That's bs, whenever you move something throw a ratchet strap over the top. That keeps them from slipping off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corvus Corax said:

You can get them with larger wheels to lift them higher. They work real well, I've moved a DN5000, a Bevmax 4, the big Royal View glass front, and a slew of DN501Es with it by myself. They will tell you the most important thing is the safety strap around the middle. That's bs, whenever you move something throw a ratchet strap over the top. That keeps them from slipping off.

I use a hydraulic drop deck trailer (hitch side doesn't go down) and I am a one man band. I drop one end down when I get the machine on the trailer so it doesn't roll back down. Will the brakes on the caster hold a bevmax 4 until I can get the trailer back up?

10 hours ago, Snack Man 2000 said:

I use a hydraulic drop deck trailer (hitch side doesn't go down) and I am a one man band. I drop one end down when I get the machine on the trailer so it doesn't roll back down. Will the brakes on the caster hold a bevmax 4 until I can get the trailer back up?

What make/model trailer do you have? Do you have any pics?  

I have the Anderson Dolly also. While they won't completely replace a hand truck, they do work good on level surfaces. I've moved both soda and snack machines with them. They raise up about an inch and a half or so and clear most commercial thresholds. The blocks for snack machines lock in and work pretty good but take a little more time to get set up. The frames are guaranteed for life and seem to be well made. They're a small company, you can call and speak directly with Mr. Anderson.

24 minutes ago, jeremiah said:

What make/model trailer do you have? Do you have any pics?  

I have the Anderson Dolly also. While they won't completely replace a hand truck, they do work good on level surfaces. I've moved both soda and snack machines with them. They raise up about an inch and a half or so and clear most commercial thresholds. The blocks for snack machines lock in and work pretty good but take a little more time to get set up. The frames are guaranteed for life and seem to be well made. They're a small company, you can call and speak directly with Mr. Anderson.

I have never owned a hand truck, so I guess my Strongway set has replaced the hand truck. I own a Pratt EZ Ramp 0865 with a rail on the front. Works great with the Strongway dolly and will hold two large drink machines. I cannot get pictures to load to this site, it says they are all too large. 

http://prattinc.com/products/utility-trailers/ez-ramp-utility-trailer-0865/ 

• Like 1

• Item# 42669

Roughneck Industrial Appliance Truck — 1,200-Lb. Capacity

From northern tool, its cheap and its good, as long as you lift it right, the center strap is useless, I put on a 2nd strap on top, been using it for a few years now, no issues, if you're going for the batter powered one, that'll run you $1200 and up, for $179 you can't go wrong

3 minutes ago, orsd said:

Not the greatest option.

The fact that the small swivel wheels are in the back makes for a difficult, dangerous move.

I agree 110%. Buy the proper equipment if you're gonna move 1000pd equipment. Yes, it's expensive. So is getting hurt or worse. If you can't afford the good stuff, find someone to hire for moves while you save up. 

I never move alone, so I'm not worried about it tipping over, done many moves, and never an issue, I would love to get the battery operated one, but I don't have so many soda machines to need to get that

Those Northern Tool/ Harbor Freight contraptions are not made for this. Get a Dutro or equivalent hand truck that is made for moving Vending Machines. There is nothing sold at Northern Tool that is made to move a vending machine. I don't care what they're called or how much they cost. It's not a matter of anything tipping over, it's a matter of the hand truck failing. Doesn't matter how many guys are there when those little dinky kick out wheels callapse whoever is behind it has about 1/2 a second to run. 

Edited by jeremiah

1 hour ago, NYCandyMan said:

I never move alone, so I'm not worried about it tipping over, done many moves, and never an issue, I would love to get the battery operated one, but I don't have so many soda machines to need to get that

I was helping a guy move a cb300 with a vending machine hand truck when I was injured. I have learned to take my time and be very cautious. I always move by myself using my drop deck trailer and my strongway movers. This is the safest way for me.

We have used a Stevens Appliance dolly for year.  It has the large wheels that kick-out, and they do so at the base, not the middle of the dolly like those rinky-dink Roughneck dollies.  It's very heavy-duty, but not as bulky as the Wesco appliance dolly. One man can handle moving a piece of equipment easily enough, though as always, two make a job a little easier.  We even can "stair step" the machine onto a trailer.  We took a Pepsi pallet, covered it with 3/4 inch plywood, and used it as a "step" to load the trailer.  It was easy.  Just tilt the the dolly back, lift the front end, set it on the "step" and lift.  Physics did the rest.  Tilt back one more time, set front-end on trailer, and Wah-Lah, load onto trailer.  NOW....this was with stacker machines and DN3561 dropfronts...NO RVV500, DN5800, or BevMax.  We now have a truck and all glassfronts are moved with our new StepRider "Piano/Appliance" movers.  Check out the StepRider website, probably one of the BEST pieces of equipment we ever owned for moving machines.  Works with ALL machines.

12 minutes ago, flintflash said:

We have used a Stevens Appliance dolly for year.  It has the large wheels that kick-out, and they do so at the base, not the middle of the dolly like those rinky-dink Roughneck dollies.  It's very heavy-duty, but not as bulky as the Wesco appliance dolly. One man can handle moving a piece of equipment easily enough, though as always, two make a job a little easier.  We even can "stair step" the machine onto a trailer.  We took a Pepsi pallet, covered it with 3/4 inch plywood, and used it as a "step" to load the trailer.  It was easy.  Just tilt the the dolly back, lift the front end, set it on the "step" and lift.  Physics did the rest.  Tilt back one more time, set front-end on trailer, and Wah-Lah, load onto trailer.  NOW....this was with stacker machines and DN3561 dropfronts...NO RVV500, DN5800, or BevMax.  We now have a truck and all glassfronts are moved with our new StepRider "Piano/Appliance" movers.  Check out the StepRider website, probably one of the BEST pieces of equipment we ever owned for moving machines.  Works with ALL machines.

Do you have a link to the StepRider you use. Their website needs updating bad. 

3 hours ago, jeremiah said:

Do you have a link to the StepRider you use. Their website needs updating bad. 

The website I have is steprider.com.  This is the copy off my screen: http://web.ivenue.com/steprider/index2.ivnu .  Their phone number is 800-515-4292.  The "Lift 'n Roll" is what we purchased.  We got the 3 wheeled units.  Very stable and move smoothly.  Awesome products.

• Like 1

just saw the video, I don't feel safe with all that rubber, and that tilting has to be done by the person when going up, what does the unit cost?

Edited by NYCandyMan

4 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

just saw the video, I don't feel safe with all that rubber, and that tilting has to be done by the person when going up, what does the unit cost?

We purchased the Lift 'N Roll movers, which are the pair of piano/appliance movers, no tilting involved at all.  They lift the machine straight up a few inches and you can maneuver the machine easier than a pallet jack, especially around corners in tight hallways and thru narrow doors.  For tilt-moving a machine, we use the Stevens Appliance Dolly.  Most solid dolly I've used.  The Steprider Lift 'n Roll was $995, and worth every penny, because one man can move and install a machine SAFELY and EASILY!  :) 

• Like 1

I recently purchased a Dutro for tilt back moves. I also have a set of Anderson Dollies. Between the two it gets the job done. That being said, I pay someone else to move most of mine when I can. That is what I would suggest for any of you on here that are using those cheap $200 appliance dollies (which I also own btw). Just pay someone, it's not worth the risk. 

• Like 1

Just to tip my hat once again to Anderson Dollies and the great customer service they have. I had a small issue with the snack risers, probably could have fixed it myself or just purchased another set for $40 if I had to. I contacted Tom and he took care of it without a bunch of hassle. For moving snack machines especially, I really like these.

anderson2.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeremiah said:

Just to tip my hat once again to Anderson Dollies and the great customer service they have. I had a small issue with the snack risers, probably could have fixed it myself or just purchased another set for $40 if I had to. I contacted Tom and he took care of it without a bunch of hassle. For moving snack machines especially, I really like these.

anderson2.jpg

How far does the feet come off the ground?

53 minutes ago, jeremiah said:

About an inch and a half or so. Just enough to get it up off the ground but I haven't had any issues clearing thresholds or anything with them yet.

Any issues wit getting machines on a drop deck trailer or lift gate? How high with a large drink machine?

Edited by Snack Man 2000