Gumball at sams club

Bulk32

I've been ordering them online anyway since they closed all the sams clubs in my state. With the higher membership tier I think it's called plus or advantage or whatever, you get free shipping. So it's not so bad. 

2 hours ago, Bulk32 said:

Looks like out of nowhere all the sams within 150 miles are out of 850. Anyone know if they are planning to role out online only on this too?

Sam's is the king when it comes to arbitrarily discontinuing items that it carries in store. I would encourage you to call some of the stores closest to you, talk to the manager and see if they will continue to carry some for you. The real challenge is getting in touch with the manager as you run the gauntlet of disinterested employees who probably don't even know the manager's name. The direct shipping option isn't bad but you need to have someone there to receive it if the weather is bad or the temperatures are extreme. For me that is a hassle.

if anyone needs a bjs membership for this year, you can use mine, I get the points on everything you buy :P, send a text ill send you my card 9177313891

sams club is a good place to get a variety of gum, but for the 850ct, I go to BJs, there are "global sales account reps" they can get you pallets of anything you need!

buy extra, always have spares! you'll never lose out on buying a few extra boxes of gum, what's the worst that can happen? 850 x .25 = $212.50 oh no, 20 extra boxes! only $4250 in your pocket sounds like a terribly great day to me :) 😍 I don't see a problem buying extra, never know when you're going to need for a service call

Just now, NYCandyMan said:

if anyone needs a bjs membership for this year, you can use mine, I get the points on everything you buy :P, send a text ill send you my card 9177313891

sams club is a good place to get a variety of gum, but for the 850ct, I go to BJs, there are "global sales account reps" they can get you pallets of anything you need!

buy extra, always have spares! you'll never lose out on buying a few extra boxes of gum, what's the worst that can happen? 850 x .25 = $212.50 oh no, 20 extra boxes! only $4250 in your pocket sounds like a terribly great day to me :) 😍 I don't see a problem buying extra, never know when you're going to need for a service call

The big problem is that gum goes stale.

6 minutes ago, orsd said:

The big problem is that gum goes stale.

gum has a 2 year shelf life, those boxes will be gone way before that! I've got 10 empty boxes from 2 days of riding, they will go stale regardless, in store, in box, in your house, or in the machine, nothing you can do about that, just keep filling, if they get hard, its not so bad, winter freezes them, summer makes them soft, put them in mouth wait about 30 seconds, you wont know the difference!

11 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

gum has a 2 year shelf life, those boxes will be gone way before that! I've got 10 empty boxes from 2 days of riding, they will go stale regardless, in store, in box, in your house, or in the machine, nothing you can do about that, just keep filling, if they get hard, its not so bad, winter freezes them, summer makes them soft, put them in mouth wait about 30 seconds, you wont know the difference!

To each his own. I usually rotate out gumballs if they don't sell through in 9 months. Dubble Bubble is usually hard as a rock after 1 year and sooner if it is in full sun (even using product cards as sun shields) or extreme temps. It has been my experience that sales are much better with fresh gumballs especially in places where employees are your biggest customers.

9 hours ago, sweetstop said:

I do 1080 count from sams website

on a subscription, every month a few boxes show up, if I need more I place an order in between

ive changed all my gum over to 1080 not a single complaint

When I looked into it, switching to 1080 just simply wasn't worth it.

1080 costs a lot more than 850 at Sams, to the point that you would be saving maybe 50 cents a case.

4 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Yeah I have always used Dubble Bubble 850 count because it is usually at or below the 1080 ct. Right now the 850ct is .024 ea and the 1080 is .026 so really no incentive for me to go 1080 at the moment.

I think the point in switching to 1080 ct is the return in sales...850 ct =$212.50, 1080 ct = $ 270.00, a difference of  $ 57.50 in profit per case, for me @  300 cases a year its a decent return of an extra  $17,250.00 :o.....I'm now running 1430 test mode, that's a nice $ 145.00 per case, this, however is still in "to be determined" mode.

Just my "quarters worth" opinion

38 minutes ago, allgum4me said:

I think the point in switching to 1080 ct is the return in sales...850 ct =$212.50, 1080 ct = $ 270.00, a difference of  $ 57.50 in profit per case, for me @  300 cases a year its a decent return of an extra  $17,250.00 :o.....I'm now running 1430 test mode, that's a nice $ 145.00 per case, this, however is still in "to be determined" mode.

you have been a member here for 11 years and only have 19 posts. Please share more, no doubt you have learned a lot and have valuable knowledge. No pressure, just a request. :) 

thanks

1 hour ago, allgum4me said:

I personally think that you are looking at it it wrong way. The only way you will increase revenue is with more locations. Assuming the same locations, 850 vs 1080 will yield the same number of gumbals sold. (If anything 1080 will sell less.) So the only way that 1080 helps your bottom line is by reducing product cost. And we have already established that 1080 only costs 50 cents less per 1000 vs 850ct if you buy from sams. So for me it’s not worth it to save maybe 20 bucks per year.

4 minutes ago, orsd said:

I personally think that you are looking at it it wrong way. The only way you will increase revenue is with more locations. Assuming the same locations, 850 vs 1080 will yield the same number of gumbals sold. (If anything 1080 will sell less.) So the only way that 1080 helps your bottom line is by reducing product cost. And we have already established that 1080 only costs 50 cents less per 1000 vs 850ct if you buy from sams. So for me it’s not worth it to save maybe 20 bucks per year.

I can see your angle, I'm just saying from my 19 yrs worth of perspective that making the switch for me was profitable. More locations don't mean more sales per se....investment  of more equipment and product , yes. But cost of goods sold being equally close (850 & 1080) aside, I simply saying that ROI is simply greater on a case of 1080 than 850 & I agree that 1080 (with its limited offerings) can be a bomb at some locales, but thats all part of the curve.....Again my postings are not the gospel, just personal perspective.

1 hour ago, DirtyHank said:

you have been a member here for 11 years and only have 19 posts. Please share more, no doubt you have learned a lot and have valuable knowledge. No pressure, just a request. :) 

thanks

Honestly, Just too busy most of the time....I've been an amateur radio operator for over 30 years and I find myself just as I do here at times, just reading the mail, that being said I work a full time job and the majority of my "spare" time I service , assemble, sandblast, powder coat , paint, machine and weld/ fabricate in house, so you can see where the time goes....oh and school, scouts, church , family functions, you can see where the time goes!

1 minute ago, allgum4me said:

I can see your angle, I'm just saying from my 19 yrs worth of perspective that making the switch for me was profitable. More locations don't mean more sales per se....investment  of more equipment and product , yes. But cost of goods sold being equally close (850 & 1080) aside, I simply saying that ROI is simply greater on a case of 1080 than 850 & I agree that 1080 (with its limited offerings) can be a bomb at some locales, but thats all part of the curve.....Again my postings are not the gospel, just personal perspective.

Honestly, Just too busy most of the time....I've been an amateur radio operator for over 30 years and I find myself just as I do here at times, just reading the mail, that being said I work a full time job and the majority of my "spare" time I service , assemble, sandblast, powder coat , paint, machine and weld/ fabricate in house, so you can see where the time goes....oh and school, scouts, church , family functions, you can see where the time goes!

Will try to be back in the game as time permits and some "bulk experience" insight as well as some gaffs/goofs

As of today on the Sam's Club web site:

850 count Dubble Bubble from Sam’s is $20.48 / 850 = .024 per gumball

1080 count Dubble Bubble from Sam’s is $28.63 / 1080 = .026 per gumball

All I worry about is the overall bottom line so if I can get a larger gumball for at or below what my competitor is buying a smaller gumball for I consider it a win for the customer and me. Not sure I understand the relevance of worrying about the projected sales per case when it truly doesn't benefit the bottom line but maybe I am missing something.

I think if you are buying from Ford or Oak Leaf you can save alot more buying the 1080s but I can't justify paying the higher price buying from either of those entities.

1 hour ago, gumball guy said:

As of today on the Sam's Club web site:

850 count Dubble Bubble from Sam’s is $20.48 / 850 = .024 per gumball

1080 count Dubble Bubble from Sam’s is $28.63 / 1080 = .026 per gumball

All I worry about is the overall bottom line so if I can get a larger gumball for at or below what my competitor is buying a smaller gumball for I consider it a win for the customer and me. Not sure I understand the relevance of worrying about the projected sales per case when it truly doesn't benefit the bottom line but maybe I am missing something.

I think if you are buying from Ford or Oak Leaf you can save alot more buying the 1080s but I can't justify paying the higher price buying from either of those entities.

I am not seeing the end result either. The logic is flawed. You do make more per case but that is an apples and oranges comparison. If you load 1080 gumball of 850 (which would be just over a case and a quarter) you will make more money on a bigger gum. 

The case is irrelevant, take that out of the equation. 

(850 count) 1080 pieces x.024= $25.92 cost, sell for .25 each= $270 gross.  $270-$25.92= $244.08 profit

(1080 count) 1080 pieces x .026= 28.08 cost, sell for .25 each= $270 gross. $270-$28.08= $241.92 profit

You are costing yourself over a couple dollars for selling the same amount of smaller gum. 

It’s not really about the penny or two but if a location happens to run out of gumball before I get there 1080 count fit more in a canister hence more sales from that head.

i try not to let stuff run out but it’s inevetable in some cases

On 11/1/2018 at 1:34 AM, NYCandyMan said:

Lol .....so true!

Archived