Bill Acceptor

I have a conlux NBM 3110 bill acceptor that only accepts $1.00 bills. I moved the $5.00 bill acceptance to the on position but it will not accept the $5.00 bill. The coupon acceptance is still on the off position. I tried putting both on but still no difference. Am I missing something?

57A4AE9A-BB50-4C29-8772-CCBAB92E5251.jpeg

Even if it took the new 5's, those validators are pretty bad.  The old coinco BA validators are better and they are FAR older and not great.  To be honest, I think the metal MAKA validators were even better than the one you have.  I have about 4 or 5 of them out there and most are bottler-owned but I actually have one of their conlux validators sitting inside the door of the machine as I am using my own validator because the conlux is so bad (and they only give me rebuilt/working conlux).

It’s in a firehouse. Our schedule is set up 4 on 4 off so I’m not here for 4 days. I can replace the coins regularly. I do appreciate the advice though. I can see that being an issue if it’s on site somewhere. It has 2 quarter tubes and a single dime and nickel tubes and everything is rounded to .25¢. Were a bunch of cavemen. Lol. 

Get an MEI VN2512 that has new currency software in it.  $5 acceptance won't be a problem if most of your prices are under $1 as most people will carry 1s and they don't like the pocket full of change they will get from a 5.  The higher your prices are above $1 the more useful the $5 acceptance is.  The coin tubes you mention mean that you also have a Conlux coin mech so remember that one of the quarter tubes won't auto fill from the coin acceptance.  It has to be manually filled.  

35 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Get an MEI VN2512 that has new currency software in it.  $5 acceptance won't be a problem if most of your prices are under $1 as most people will carry 1s and they don't like the pocket full of change they will get from a 5.  The higher your prices are above $1 the more useful the $5 acceptance is.  The coin tubes you mention mean that you also have a Conlux coin mech so remember that one of the quarter tubes won't auto fill from the coin acceptance.  It has to be manually filled.  

I think it might be a 4000 series mech.

4 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You are talking about a Conlux 5 tube, and for those yes tube E is always manual and A is only auto fill if its $1.

A 4 tube is probably (Like Chris said) a Mars 4000.

You can also swap changers to a unit with a dollar coin tube, I use those in locations where I get a lot of 5's.  You have more cash tied up in the change bank but will help keep from running out of quarters and customers will tend to use the dollar coins in future purchases.  Be sure your bank will have a supply available, some banks just don't want to mess with stocking dollar coins so they can be hard to get in quantity...