What is this clip??

EastWest

Amazing you guys were just talking about this today. I have a 276e with the metal style clips. Think the previous owner either bent a few of them way up or had product snag it somehow. Either case, I applied pressure to force them down some. Still seems to not let cans vend occasionally. Should I be looking to get those things out of there? The location is under video surveillance so I’m not to worried about the machines being rocked.

1 hour ago, bdef215 said:

Thanks for the answers guys! Going off memory here until I get back to the machine but I think they were riveted? You guys have to cut them out?

The ones you are probably thinking of are on the narrow columns.  The one in the picture is for the wide column.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, now I realize that he added in to the wrong thread about the clips since the "rivet" comment refers to the rotors not the oscillator bars.  The rotor can retainers just need to be bent back and forth until they break off and then if any sharp edges remain those need to be pounded down flat.

• Thanks 1

Have a DN 5591 that I stopped the shaking with a 7” 2x4. I screwed a joist hanger sideways into the top back of the machine and one to the wall. Slid the 2x4 into the joist hangers, a few small screws to secure the 2x4 in place and no more shaking. It doesn’t stop side shaking but that wasn’t an issue.

Don't worry about having the clip in the machine. If some moron wants to try to tip a loaded machine for a free can that might fall vs. having the machine fall on him let it happen. Very few of my 800+ Dixie Narco machines have them any more.