Merchant 6 Touch not booting up.

Having issues with a Merchant Touch if there are any Crane experts with any ideas.

Filled the machine yesterday and cha fed pricing on a couple of selections.

Closed up the door and moved on to the drinks machine. 10 minutes passes and the Merchant still hasn't booted up.

The surround LEDs and coin bezel are lit, the fridge is running but the display just has the Crane logo showing for a couple of minutes then it blanks out and about 2 minutes later goes through the same process again. Keypad doesn't respond to anything.

I've unplugged it and tried again, unplugged and removed the battery, unplugged all of the harnesses and plugged them all back in again. Still the same.

Went back this morning and it's still doing the same.

I can't find a technical manual anywhere online to find any factory reset or restart procedure

Any ideas?

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a crane rep here.

Its just a bunch of discounters who sell the machines and know literally nothing about how they work

Is there anywhere that the files are available for download?

This is one of my better accounts, €700/week. Even though I have only had three issues in two years that have been resolved within hours the default response is they will be looking for another vendor.

I have a door and both boards from an older scrapped Merchant Keypad model, anyone think this would be a viable swap?

Thanks for checking this out and sending the links. 

Crane UK is our nearest office. If I ordered anything from them I would be lucky to get anything sent out within a week, unless it's a case of emailing the software.

I think the best thing is going to be stripping the machine down and trying to replace with the older button style door.

7 hours ago, thereyouarenow said:

Called this morning and apparently the only solution for a machine that won't boot up is to replace the $650 atlas controller board.

Before you do that try flashing a completely new image on to the machine. Ask Crane for the latest software. I might have a copy you can throw on a USB as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A little late to the conversation, but this may help you or others. I work for DIEB Enterprises and we are the authorized service center for the Atlas G boards. We see a good deal of them that just needs the firmware (rootfs) reflashed like jasonkw said, that can be done via a usb flash drive. It may be difficult to obtain a usb with the rootfs. However, the majority of them need a complete reprogramming of the OS that these boards use. That can only be done by us. We also sell refurbished Atlas boards. You can pm me for more info if needed. I hope I can help.