FSI (USI) 3076 bill validator upgrade

Daves Automat

Well. First I need to know if my burner can support the chip. Peel the sticker off the main eeprom on one of the boards and snap me a picture of the numbers off the actual chip. Then I’ll check.

if my burner can do it. There is a strong possibility that I can make copies of the latest eeprom as long as it’s not locked. I’d just have to source blank chips if I don’t already have them.

post a picture of the eeprom itself underneath vendnets sticker and we’ll go from there 

1 minute ago, tblake05 said:

Well. First I need to know if my burner can support the chip. Peel the sticker off the main eeprom on one of the boards and snap me a picture of the numbers off the actual chip. Then I’ll check.

if my burner can do it. There is a strong possibility that I can make copies of the latest eeprom as long as it’s not locked. I’d just have to source blank chips if I don’t already have them.

post a picture of the eeprom itself underneath vendnets sticker and we’ll go from there 

You got it. I'll send over tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:05 PM, Daves Automat said:

You got it. I'll send over tomorrow morning.

Ok, Pictures won't upload, but the numbers on the Board are "PC-P-86-94V-0, PALLET #6, 407516-4 REV (the "-4" is scratched in), and a sticker that is numbered 0301101409"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, guys... I got a good one here:  I just tested a Coinco BA32F bill collector and literally a minute later smoke was coming out of the mother board!!!! I'm not sure what went wrong, but I think it fried my vending machine because the screen stopped turning on. W.T.F??????

Does anyone know what might have happened? Has anyone else had a problem like this???

17 minutes ago, Daves Automat said:

Hey, guys... I got a good one here:  I just tested a Coinco BA32F bill collector and literally a minute later smoke was coming out of the mother board!!!! I'm not sure what went wrong, but I think it fried my vending machine because the screen stopped turning on. W.T.F??????

Does anyone know what might have happened? Has anyone else had a problem like this???

I have never seen this happen.  There must have been a short in the BA I'm guessing.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I have never seen this happen.  There must have been a short in the BA I'm guessing.

It started smoking a little where the connector is on the mother board of the bill acceptor. I checked the screen to type in a selection maybe a minute later... It was black... I then tried pressing the service button and still nothing.... WOW.

Edited by Daves Automat

Man, your having all sorts of bad luck.

sorry, been meaning to follow up, it’s highly unlikely I’ll be able to copy the eeproms like we discussed. I don’t have the proper equipment to do that particular eeprom and even if I did, it’s more than likely got a “lock” on it from vendnet to not allow for copying from unauthorized dealers.

sounds like your best bet here is to upgrade to inone.

Question though, can you see what smoked on your board? Is there anything burnt up? Post a picture? Maybe you can repair it yourself.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:51 PM, tblake05 said:

sorry, been meaning to follow up, it’s highly unlikely I’ll be able to copy the eeproms like we discussed. I don’t have the proper equipment to do that particular eeprom and even if I did, it’s more than likely got a “lock” on it from vendnet to not allow for copying from unauthorized dealers.

Question though, can you see what smoked on your board? Is there anything burnt up? Post a picture? Maybe you can repair it yourself.

I'm having problems getting the picture small enough to post here. Max size is 34.43kB??? That upload capacity is as old as the machine that BA came out of! 

I'm not even trying to fix it. It smells smoked and the multimeter doesn't register anything through it. Could have been worse...

1 hour ago, Daves Automat said:

I'm having problems getting the picture small enough to post here. Max size is 34.43kB??? That upload capacity is as old as the machine that BA came out of! 

I'm not even trying to fix it. It smells smoked and the multimeter doesn't register anything through it. Could have been worse...

You have to use an image hosting website and then post the link here. Vendiscuss is the only forum I’m on that has issues with images.

or just email them to me and I’ll post them, or look them over to see what may me the culprit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 9:02 PM, tblake05 said:

Guess what... Nayax actually works with that Motorola board that I sent you pictures of. No need for an InOne kit!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2022 at 9:51 PM, tblake05 said:

Need an MDB coin mech suggestion. My Coinco dumbdrop shorted somewhere in the wiring harness and keeps popping my 3 amp. I figure upgrading to an MDB coin will bypass the short. Was working with a 3 tube. Could upgrade to more tubes, but most of my sales are cashless. Any suggestions? 

41 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Coinco 9302GX or MEI 6512MDB or 7512 for 5 tubes.

Thank you. Quick question: How does the 5 tube differ in size? Also, do you have any suggestions where to buy? DSI is totally on back order right now. Hell with ordering from eBay. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Daves Automat said:

Need an MDB coin mech suggestion. My Coinco dumbdrop shorted somewhere in the wiring harness and keeps popping my 3 amp. I figure upgrading to an MDB coin will bypass the short. Was working with a 3 tube. Could upgrade to more tubes, but most of my sales are cashless. Any suggestions? 

Have you tried it with the coin mech unplugged?  If it definitely is the coin mech and you are switching to MDB, I recommend removing the old coin mech harness entirely from the machine.

19 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Have you tried it with the coin mech unplugged?  If it definitely is the coin mech and you are switching to MDB, I recommend removing the old coin mech harness entirely from the machine.

Yes. The machine pops the 3 amp every time the coin mech is attached. Unplug the coin mech and the machine is fine. The harness is original to this machine and would be a huge pain to carve out. This is why I want to transition to a MDB coin mech.

44 minutes ago, Daves Automat said:

Yes. The machine pops the 3 amp every time the coin mech is attached. Unplug the coin mech and the machine is fine. The harness is original to this machine and would be a huge pain to carve out. This is why I want to transition to a MDB coin mech.

You only technically have to disconnect the harness from the board.  That will take you all of 3 seconds.  But to remove it completely I think you just have to undo a couple screws and fish the harness through part of the metal and it's out.  Thing is, once you go MDB, there's really no reason to ever go back.

46 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

You only technically have to disconnect the harness from the board.  That will take you all of 3 seconds.  But to remove it completely I think you just have to undo a couple screws and fish the harness through part of the metal and it's out.  Thing is, once you go MDB, there's really no reason to ever go back.

Agreed on MDB. That's why I am abandoning the old harness.

• 8 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 6:12 PM, AZVendor said:

Not on that old beast.  Why do you continue to flog it when you can upgrade to something more fitting for what you want to do?  An AP 123 will do what you want.  Maybe even an older USI like a 5700 or anything with a SM6 board in it that has a blue display.

What are your thoughts on a Crane-National 147? One came up locally. Just needs a coin mech swap.