KickStart Locations

T BIRD

I am a  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

I've read different things regarding KS, MW and EB.  Mostly that KS starts getting locations quickly but slows down after awhile.  MW tends to be slow off the mark and Eddie is the quickest altogether.  I know it's the quality of the locations that counts most of all. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gotten good locations from both Rob at KS and Eddie  and both of them have always gotten me my locations quickly.

But with me picking up 20 machines last weekend and another 40 tomorrow for a total of 60 new machines - I am going to have to spread myself out - so I don't get overloaded getting them on location.  ;D

Even if he gets you a Papa John's, it will most likely be kicked out in the future by a district manager.  Be careful targeting franchise chains.   Most corporate policies prohibit them and you are then at the mercy of the DM as to whether or not it stays in.  Some DM's are cool and will let it stay in for a while or until they are replaced!

Jax

Jax is right on with his point on this.  I have been enjoying 2 Walmart break rooms for over a year niw but I know it wont last indefinitely.  They are two very good charity locations. One averages over $65 per 5 weeks and the other over $40.

Quick update regarding my orders with KS and MW.  Rob has been in touch and I have no doubt I will be seeing results soon.  He even allowed me to participate in a 11 for the price of 10 promotion even though I placed my order before he made the offer.  Excellent!  I finally received an email from MW over the weekend with my invoice.  Though as I mentioned, Jackie had a family emergency.  She said she would start work on my order this week.  I also placed an order with Eddie and he has been very responsive.  He said he would be working on my order today.  Very excited to get these machines out there.  I have one machine I placed at a car wash that I check over the weekend after 2 weeks.  Had $37.50 in it.  Revive is .50 a pull and I had hoped that the car wash workers would buy the mints a little more often.  It should pick up as the weather gets nicer.

Wanted to update my experience with Kickstart.  Delivered a triple today to a resturant/bar that looks real promising. I had ordered the location on Feb. 26 and had been waiting a couple of weeks for the loc when I contacted Rob and he informed me that the loc had already gone out on March 1st, went back and checked old emails and sure enough there it was. Can't believe I missed it. Kickstart has another happy customer.  You'll be getting another order from me next week Rob.

I don't mind taking the blame anyway!  Glad the location worked out well for you.

Regards,

Rob

P.S.  If we ever slow down on finding locations it's generally because we're running out of businesses to call in your designated area.

We're working on a mechanism to let you know of this when it happens. 

We have been using KSL for a couple of months now, and yes they were quick at first, and then leveled off to a steady pace.  No complaints here.  I have good communication with Rob,  sometimes delayed by a day or two but never forgotten.  He is the face of the company with over 100 active clients, so it's to be expected that he's busy.

Never got a response from Ethical or Eddie so I ordered another 4 locs from Kickstart tonight after Rob and his staff did such a good job with the first loc.

Its only Monday and already got 2 of the 4 locs I ordered on Saturday.  One is a restaurant on the 1st floor of a medical center and the other is a Vietnamese restaurant.

Good for you Mainor.

That restaurant in the medical center building should do well for 2 reasons:

1. We all know that doctors love to make us wait a looooong time in their waiting rooms.

- This means people leave their offices hungry.

2. Many employees of said medical offices only get a 1/2-hour lunch.

- No time to run out means they either brown-bag it or go to the restaurant down stairs.

Either way -- you should get pretty good foot-traffic going by your machines.

Had several emails from Rob over the last week.  He's very responsive to inquiries.  He suggested that before they start rolling that I give him a few more zip codes.  Gave him a bunch so that they have lots to work with though I stipulated that he should work with my original 5.  KS sent my first location today.  A Korean/Japanese BBQ restaurant.  Looked at it on Google and it looks nice.  I'll be dropping off the machine tomorrow.  Spoke to Jackie at MW yesterday since I have had zero communication with them since I signed up 10 days ago.  Best way to contact them is by phone.  She says that they were just confirming some locations and that we might have something today(fingers crossed).  Spoke to Eddie at EB on Friday.  He had called me 2 days earlier to say he had something that he would email in the morning. Never got it.  He called Friday morning to tell me that he felt it was an inappropriate location (daycare center).  Since I do not want an energy product around lots of kids, this made total sense.  I'm glad he didn't try to get me to accept a location that was clearly not appropriate.  To me, this shows me that EB is willing to do the job right.  So in short, all 3 seem to be working on my behalf.  Have to say Rob does a great job trying to stay on top of his biz and constantly improve.  Eddie and Jackie are both nice people and I hope that they come through soon.  But the proof will be in how each location works out!

Got the other 2 locations of the 4 that I had ordered on Saturday, one is a chinese restaurant and the other is a bar. Will find out if all 4 will work out when I go place them tomorrow. Kickstart keeps up at this pace I'll be out of machines in no time.

After I posted yesterday, KS sent along another location.  A real cool burger joint that looked small on the outside but inside was nice.  They cater to a crowd that appreciates good burgers.  Rosee's Filling Station in Garfield NJ. Supposed to have the best burgers in N. New Jersey so if your nearby make a special trip.  People were great when I came in, they were expecting me.  I set-up the machine, gave some samples, they asked questions about the product.  I think with the kind of breakfast, lunch and dinner crowd they get, I should get some good pulls.  The other place they got me was a Korean/Japanese BBQ place.  I went to see them today and the first words out of the managers mouth was "I have to think about it".  I tried to find out the problem but because it was close to lunch and there was a lanquage gap I couldn't place the machine.  She said she would call me.  Not holding my breath.  KS just emailed another location at a well know chinese duck house place.  It's in an iffy neighborhood but I will go there with a smile on my face tomorrow.  So far KS has been kicking butt.  Eddie at EB emailed that he might have a trucking company for me and was just waiting to confirm.  A trucking company would be great for an energy product like mine.  Haven't heard from Jackie at MW

I got my first location and it took a week. A little auto shop. My area isn't to saturated with other vendors so it may have been easier for his crew to locate. I know some people have been waiting a long time... Im just grateful my feet are now wet with vending.

I think he is so busy the only people getting locations are new people.

DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!

THAT right there has GOT to be the winning guess as to what's going on right now with KSL.

The only people posting that KSL is getting them locations seem to be the KSL customers that put their order in less than a month ago.

Sure some cities are more saturated than others.

But saturation is NOT the case with every customer and my order is proof of that.

They're not even calling the businesses in the zip codes I added to my call-list at Rob's request.

And this AFTER Rob stated he was going to get his staff right on it on 3/4/10.

Everyone deserves to know the process of how we decide what accounts to work on.

We work on all accounts that have new leads that have not yet been called.  We also have

a callback list of return calls to make for every account.  So what happens is this.

1.  All fresh leads are called.

2.  Return calls are made.

When you're in stage #1 things are usually fast because we can put out a ton of calls over here. 

When you're in stage #2 things slow down because there are no fresh leads to call. 

Regards,

Rob

P.S.  My apologies to everyone who has been waiting.  I want everyone to be happy.  I'll work as hard as I can to make it happen. 

It does take time to perfect things and I'll admit our system for allocating resources may not be perfect yet. 

Everyone deserves to know the process of how we decide what accounts to work on.

We work on all accounts that have new leads that have not yet been called.  We also have

a callback list of return calls to make for every account.  So what happens is this.

1.  All fresh leads are called.

2.  Return calls are made.

When you're in stage #1 things are usually fast because we can put out a ton of calls over here. 

When you're in stage #2 things slow down because there are no fresh leads to call. 

Regards,

Rob

P.S.  My apologies to everyone who has been waiting.  I want everyone to be happy.  I'll work as hard as I can to make it happen. 

It does take time to perfect things and I'll admit our system for allocating resources may not be perfect yet. 

Something's wrong there Rob.

I gave you 8 zip codes worth of fresh leads on 3/4/10 and you are just calling them this week (I'm guessing/hoping).

What's more, you and I exchanged emails about those fresh leads so you were aware of them and going to get you staff on them as of 3/4.

Someone else here put in an order on 3/27/10 and you were already working on their leads as of Monday?

Like I said in another thread. I don't want special treatment.

I just recommend you start cleaning up all those OLDER pending orders and then work your way to the new ones.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only customer who ordered before 3/27/10 (my order is from January) with FRESH LEADS/ZIPS that is not getting taken care of....or am I?

Archived