KickStart Locations

T BIRD

I am a  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

sames goes for me Sherlock my orders are actually from Nov 23rd.. They were moved to the new system with a later date of Jan 1 and 9th due to an error of them being triple head locations when I ordered single gumball no big deal but the time is crazy long to get them filled. Rob's a nice guy but I think more empoyees are needed.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope KS doesn't slow down for me, but I can sympathise with those of you who haven't gotten the locations they contracted for.  KS seems to be the most popular locator and at times they probably have more biz then they can handle efficiently.  Throw in replacements and it's hard to prioritize.  I have never been a locator but I think that I would probably assign one staff member to only locating replacements and orders that are 30+ days old.  Easy for me to say.  For all I know, Rob already does this.

KS has gotten me 3 locations this week though 1 didn't take.  I am still waiting on 9.  EB after a couple of false starts came up with a used car/auto repair place and a nice Pizza restaurant (not a hole in the wall joint. Has a party room and restaurant seating).  Both have potential and I will be going to both tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I have yet to hear from Jackie at MW though I have the impression that they work slowly but get some of the best results.  Patience is my friend!

Dropped machines off at 3 of the 4 locations the KS got this week.  Two out of the three looked real promising the other I have my doubts but want to be fair and give it a shot.  One was dropped off at a bar, and I must say I've never seen a busier bar at 1:30pm wonder what its like around there at by 8pm.  One location is not gonna work, it turned out to be a nail salon that I had previously attempted to locate myself in person with no success, and the owner or manager was less than pleasent to deal with to say the least so I passed on this one.  Sent KS an email about possibly paying the extra $10 and upgrading this to a restaurant/bar location before they find a replacement.  So we will see out the last one works out but all and all KS  did a great job.

A little expensive but they are good locations (most of them) and I got them quick.  I have about 2 weeks of vacation from my full time gig coming up starting April 7 so I will be able to get out there and do some locating myself. Hope to get about 15 more triples located and couple of singles and doubles out.

I'm coming up on a month since I put in my last order for a sticker machine, and a shootin' hoops location.

I am thinking maybe I should stick with basic candy locations.

Since last week when KS sent 3 locations rapid-fire (1 declined) I have not gotten another location.  Seems to fit the pattern.  I'm sure they'll continue to come in drips and drabs.  I am owed 9 but since I have other business to attend to regarding Revive (getting the retail packs into stores) it's not such a big deal.  EB got me a couple of locations as well but haven't heard from them in a few days except to chat.  He's good like that.  I hadn't heard from MW in a while and had no locations at all.  Checked my credit card account this morning and found that they had charged for the second 5 I had contracted for! :'( Her policy is to charge for half, get those locations and then charge for the second half and work on those locations.  I left her a message and when I hadn't heard back, called again.  She called back 10 mins later.  Seems they had 5 locations for me but either the email hadn't reached me or they had neglected to send it!  She sent the locations and I have to say, they are STELLAR!  A Holiday Inn lobby, a breakroom at a Men's clothing store (55 employees), break room at a Armani Xchange, break room at a large grocery store and a break room at a Borders.  I hope to locate them tomorrow.  Personally I am working on what I would consider a real coup that would see me place 5-7 machines in one shot.  Should know more on Wednesday.  it is at a place with tons of active people smack in the energy product demographic.  This could be a dream location that should keep the coin mechs turning so fast that I may have to attach a radiator! ;D

Rob came through today!  KS sent over 3 locations 2 restaurants and a pizza place.  Will probably place them thursday.  MW had sent 5 locations and I got machines into 4.  The only one that wouldn't take it was the Holiday Inn.  The manager thought she was getting a candy machine appropriate for kids.  I agreed with her that with so many kids running around the chances were pretty good that a child might get ahold of an energy mint and go bouncing off the walls.  I am driving about 90 miles to hopefully place 6 or 7 machines tomorrow.  may the vending gods smile on me. ;D

And I spoke too soon.

Got a sticker location yesterday.  Unfortunately my email didn't show it until today.  Drop off at 2, and found out about it at 3:30.

But the email was sent yesterday, so it is something wrong with hotmail.

I rushed out, and this time they did in fact want the sticker machine.  There was a problem with the size of it though, as it was blocking their menu.  But he told me I could put it around the side.  I asked if that was still their area, and he said yes.

So effectively I have my sticker machine in a food court.

I am still worried that it is not exactly in their location, so I will have to wait and see about that.

I am thinking if I can find a shorter stand then it may work in the area they first wanted it.

got another 3 from KS today.  They're on fire.  I have 6 locations that I need to place in the next couple of days....unfortunately, I am waiting on a shipment of stands.  Just placed 7 machines at Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB in central Jersey.  Place is huge with thousands of our bravest running.  This should be a goldmine.  Took me awhile to get it but perseverance paid off.  Only downside is they take a cool 20% but the volume more than makes up for it.  Once I am there for a trial period, I can place several more machines there.

Hang with them.  It can be frustrating but they seem to go in spurts and Rob seems to want to be great at locating.  It's doesn't seem to be a hobby to him.  Give him a shout either through this forum or give him a call and see if maybe you can find out why they haven't succeeded for you.  Good locators are rare.  Good luck Tooldini!

KS only does charity. For a short while they tried doing commission machines. The commission option went away when they found it was harder for their reps to find those locations.

Also, I'm waiting on locations ordered last year. In part it was delayed because I made a trip to Oregon which gave a month in which I would not be arround. I got back a little over two weeks into January and got on their new system. KS has gotten me some great locations. I've had 3 locators hit these cities though, and there may not be any more that are willing to say yes to phone calls. I've been waiting longer than this for locations from MidWest.

Well my fear has been realized.  They did have a problem with the mall, and I am now kicked out.

I have agreed to remove the machine tomorrow.  The person apologized left and right, so I am thinking of seeing if I can move the machine into one of their non mall locations.  I will try that before I use the kick out guarantee.

Picked up my machine, and was surprised that somebody had taken a razor to the charity sticker.  I could not believe that.  

Maybe I should have put it under the Plexiglas, but nobody touched all the 50¢ stickers, nor the stickers that showed where to put the quarters in.  I have these stickers on the outside of 3 candy machines in which it will not fit under the plastic, and nobody has ever touched these.

Some of the locations I have, happen to have old stickers supporting a blind organization, but these stickers expired in the 90's.  Makes me wonder if I should do the same, but I would prefer that the stickers are displayed, and help people think about supporting this, or other similar organizations.

Unfortunately it is missing the code printed on the bottom, but I can figure out which one it is.

I am not worried about the cost of the sticker.  It goes to a good cause after all.  

I attempted to talk to the people behind the counter but nobody spoke English.

Positive note, I made 2 bucks in the 2 days.  (Woohoo.)

Received my last location from KS yesterday.  One location I placed yesterday ( a Chinese Restaurant) that I thought was going to be a great place (they even asked me to bring in a toy and candy machine rack in addition to the Revive machine) called to have me come get the machine because they have kids there that seem to think my machine (on a stand) was a tackling dummy!  Better to lose a location than a machine.  So in approx 3 weeks I received all my locations.  Rob and his gang were really responsive.  Most of the locations I have a good feeling about 2 or 3 I have my doubts but I am trying them to be fair.  None I would say were "bad" locations.  I am still waiting on 6 locations from MW and 4 from EB who I haven't been able to touch base with lately.  The locations from MW were all in business break rooms which I think are ideal for energy products.  KS goes for high traffic type businesses such as restaurants and Pizza places.  It'll be interesting when I go to service the first time.  Meanwhile, I'll be heading down to the military base this Wednesday.  That will be exciting!  7 Revive Energy machines and thousands of hard working soldiers, airmen and their spouses. 

Oh, I love reading the forums, haha. 

I want to tell you all about the new cool thing's coming to KSL but I don't want the competition to know!

Actually, are there any other locators who actually read the forums?  Just Kidding!

Regards,

Rob

P.S.  Bev, I know do :)

Archived