60 members have voted

1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if he gets you a Papa John's, it will most likely be kicked out in the future by a district manager.  Be careful targeting franchise chains.  Most corporate policies prohibit them and you are then at the mercy of the DM as to whether or not it stays in.  Some DM's are cool and will let it stay in for a while or until they are replaced!

Jax

• 2 weeks later...

Question --

Do I understand correctly that KickStart only locates Charity machines?

Their website FAQ page says that signing up with a charity will enable you to get into bigger and better locations without paying a commission to the business owner, and it goes on to suggest using NCCS, but doesn't come right out and say it's required.

OK, that's fine -- but -- when you go to order a location their on-line order form says they will be sending you an email requesting your charity name, and that if you're not yet affiliated with a charity that they will provide you with the needed information to sign up... ?

Interesting.

I'm not sure if Rob locates commission machines or not. If he doesn't I don't know why. They tend to be the easiest to locate.

Rob is very regular on this forum so I'm sure he will respond here quite soon. I know he watches this thread in particular. I like to think that posting in this thread sounds an alarm on his nightstand! WAKE UP ROBERT!!!  ;D

I'm in! 

We only do charity locating at this moment.  One of these days we will expand into commission locating. 

I think one thing you'll find about us is that we're very focused on a very niche market.  We only do charity,

and we only handle bulk vending/gumball/sticker/small toy machines. 

Once we've perfected this 100% then we will move onto doing other machines and commission etc. 

I do agree, it needs to be more definitive on our site that we only do charity.  Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob --

Not a problem, just making sure I understood things.

I haven't taken the "plunge" into vending yet since I have to take care of a few other issues first, but when I'm ready to start I'm sure you'll have all the KickStart activities down to a science.

BTW -- I thoroughly enjoyed your blog covering your adventures from 2007 to now !!!

Well the novelty has worn off for Papa John's and the Chinese place.  $14.50 & $13.50 respectively for a month.  My BBQ place did $12.75 in 2 weeks for a total of $26 in a month.

Hi Everyone,

New here and very informative.  Just placed an order for 10 revive machines with KSL with NCCS stickers.  Placed the order about a day ago and aside from some autoreplies haven't heard anything yet.  I know it is early.  I will post once I start getting locations from KS.  I also placed a 5 machine order with Midwest to test them as well.  I have self-located 3 machines in 3 weeks and quite honestly it is wearing on me a bit though I am still out there 2-3 hours a day.  Once I have all machines located I plan on sitting down and comparing between KSL, Midwest and my locations.  Should be interesting who gets the best results!

Hi Everyone,

New here and very informative.  Just placed an order for 10 revive machines with KSL with NCCS stickers.  Placed the order about a day ago and aside from some autoreplies haven't heard anything yet.  I know it is early.  I will post once I start getting locations from KS.  I also placed a 5 machine order with Midwest to test them as well.  I have self-located 3 machines in 3 weeks and quite honestly it is wearing on me a bit though I am still out there 2-3 hours a day.  Once I have all machines located I plan on sitting down and comparing between KSL, Midwest and my locations.  Should be interesting who gets the best results!

Welcome revive!

If KSL handles your account as it seems to handle many accounts around here, expect to get several locations in the first week or two.

It'll then slow down to about one location every few weeks thereafter.

Best of luck to you.

Please keep us all informed of what your results are with both KSL and Midwest.

Well it's been 2 days and absolutely no communication with either KS or Midwest.  I left a message for Jackie because the email she promised with receipt and replacement policy never came.  She didn't call back.  I called again today and got her on the phone.  She said that her son is sick and in the hospital.  Felt bad to get her at that moment but she promised that an email would be sent today and that she would call to follow up.  Neither happened.  She says that MW will start my job on Monday so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  To me the best way to use a locator is to spread the job between 2 or 3 so that you will get more locations quicker (fingers crossed while saying a prayer!)  I might also give Eddie a go starting Monday.  I inquired last night and got back a personal email at around 8 pm.  Told him I would need to speak with him directly first.  Phone rang 15 minutes later.  He is on vacation with his family right now but back Monday and maybe we'll move forward at that point.  Went out locating myself today and might have a nice size bar and bowling alley.  Will know more next week.  Just a newbie trying to figure things out...

Eddie has always gotten back to me either by phone or email in a timely matter, and he has always gotten my location very quick - usually less then a week from the time I place a order from him.  So I would give him a try.

I am fixing to have to locate 60 new machines in the next couple of weeks so Eddie will be locating several of them also.

Rob,

I did receive your welcome emails, thanks!  Please do not think I am complaining.  You seem to have a good rep with the folks here otherwise I would not have placed an order with you.  I am still getting used to this biz and I had thought that I would have received some further communication from KS.  Just a bit nervous as I know you can understand.  going forward, I'll just assume that things are going well unless I hear otherwise.  I look forward to working with you.  If I can get these machines up and running I hope to add more machines in the near future and I'm sure that KS will be a big part of my business.  Take care.

Revive,

You can expect  7-14 days before you receive any locations from Kickstart.  Don't expect it to happen overnight and don't get over anxious.  Rob's team will come through for you.  I have purchased 10 recent locations and they have worked hard for me.

Revive,

You can expect 7-14 days before you receive any locations from Kickstart.  Don't expect it to happen overnight and don't get over anxious.  Rob's team will come through for you.  I have purchased 10 recent locations and they have worked hard for me.

I don't think its a good idea to tell people what to expect as far as times for a locator, might want to make sure you add that from your experience this was how long it took him to locate in your area.  I've been waiting a month so far for 1 location from KSL, not complaining though.  Just don't want people freaking out cause they don't have there location in 2 weeks.  I'm gonna try Eddie and maybe one other and compare my experience with them and then choose to move forward from there with one of them.

Archived