KickStart Locations

T BIRD

I am a  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

I want to tell you all about the new cool thing's coming to KSL but I don't want the competition to know!

What gives Rob -- in Feb you said all these cool features were coming out "in a month"?

So what's the expected time-table now...I'm losing sleep here, man!  :D

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time just slips away doesn't it! 

It will be worth the wait.  We are doing some incredible things.

I don't want to Steve Jobs hype it like the iPad but it's going to be that good! 

Let's just say I have full faith in my vending partners ability to know what you

want from me.  We are giving you so much more control over what we do.  That

is what is amazing to me.  When you dictate how we operate you get better

results. 

Your Friend, Business Partner, Confidant and FFM (fellow forum member),

Rob

Well I ran my route again, and 2 of my locations are doing great.  My BBQ location is fine at just under $19 in 4 weeks, and my Papa Johns location did $27.50 in the same time.  But my Chinese restaurant only did $2.75.

Admittedly I am not as fond of the food at this location.  I think one of the problems is that they seem to be more of a drive through location, and where they want the machine is not the best location.  While people might see the machine when they order, there is a wall between them and the machine when they eat, so they have plenty of time to forget about it before leaving in the opposite direction.  But this is exactly where they want it, and I have to admit that it makes sense to me, at least from their point of view.

Now I just sent a tip for the Papa Johns location to the person who works for Rob.  Here they seem to really appreciate that the machine is there.  They actually keep it turned so that it faces the customers.  Plus they seem to love the Skittles.

Kickstart came through with a speedy replacement, not familiar with the location so not sure if it will pan out and although they haven't been able to get anything off wish list I was pleased to see that they tried them all.  Rob, open the gates already and let us enjoy all the new features of the  kickstart theme park! ;)

I just got a replacement for the chinese restaurant that kicked me out after only 1 day.  Rob didn't count it against my replacements.  I have to say that working with KS was great.  They filled my order quickly and each place except for one knew what to expect when I got there.  I would certainly recommend KS to anyone who wanted to use a locator. 

Oh, I love reading the forums, haha. 

I want to tell you all about the new cool thing's coming to KSL but I don't want the competition to know!

Actually, are there any other locators who actually read the forums?  Just Kidding!

Regards,

Rob

P.S.  Bev, I know do :)

Rob:

You know you don't have any competition on this board your the only locator on here that is doing anything..

Rob:

You know you don't have any competition on this board your the only locator on here that is doing anything..

I've  had my own issues with KSL.

But the fact that Rob is an ACTIVE MEMBER on this forum is admirable.

I, for one, appreciate that.

Other BULK locators my be registered on this forum.

But I'd hardly call them "ACTIVE".

I must say, my order still hasn't been filled yet from January, But I did give rob and his staff quite a formidable task. he has found me a few pretty good ones so far. If I wasn't so picky, I might have all my locations already.

They do a pretty good job, most of the time at drop off, everything goes smoothly.

1 complaint, on his web form, he has a location wish list, which I have filled up with places I would like to get. as far as I know only one has actually been called. I love the idea of a wish list, I would like to see it utilized.

by far, I would trust rob and kickstart over any other locator. I am not just saying that cause I wrote his catch line. ;)

Rob's team placed six locations for me out of 9 in the last 2 and a half months.  They have been working in a small area of only a couple zip codes, and they have gotten me some very solid locations.  I don't mind the relaxed pace, because the locations have done very well for me.  I am eagerly anticipating the mystery changes that are coming, in the hope of them picking up the pace and enabling me to place more orders with him.

I placed an order with KSL for four locations late on 4/13.  Rob's order process was pretty simple.  After placing your order, you are presented a form to fill out with information about your charity, zip codes you work in, best time to set up appointments to place machines, etc.  I gave them a list of 15 zip codes to work with.

I knew from reading VENDiscuss that new accounts on KSL's online system would be created on Sunday, which it was.  I actually received a follow-up message from Rob on Saturday before my account was created.  I replied to confirm the account would be created on Sunday and he responded within an hour that it would be.

Note to Rob:  In your confirmation email, you might want to explain what the next step is going to be.  If I hadn't read everything ever written by or about you on VENDiscuss, I would have felt a bit in the dark about what to expect next after placing my order.  I think you can ease some angst in your new customers just by letting them know what to expect next and when to expect it.

Anyway, my account was created on Sunday, and I had an email for my first location on Monday, 4/19.  I was excited about this first location as it was a very large Asian Buffet.  Unfortunately I couldn't place this one because there were 6 machines with 24 heads already in their foyer.  None was doing GB or candy so I was going to give it a shot, but management said there was no more room for my machine.  This is NOT Rob's staff's fault at all.  This was a great location, but they have no way of knowing there were already six machines in there.

I got emails for two more locations on Thu, 4/22.  A steak house, which I placed on Friday, 4/23.  The placement went smoothly, they were expecting me, and let me place a double with GB/PMM by their exit door.  The second location was a Korean "Fusion" restaurant.  I was unable to place this one.  My instructions were to place anytime after 5PM, however when I arrived at the location at around 5:10PM, no one was there.  The sign on the door said their hours were Tue-Sun, 7PM-4AM.  I waited about an hour and no one showed up.  Again, not KSL staff's fault.  The manager said he'd be there and he wasn't.  Probably his way of blowing KSL/me off.

When I got home from trying to place that one, I had two more emails from KSL and have two locations lined up to deliver on Monday. 

During the process I sent several emails to Rob and he was always quick to reply.  The longest amount of time it took to get a response was 22 hours.  Rob even apologized for taking "so long" to get back to me.  I think a 24 hour response time is great and Rob has been very responsive.

Kickstart Locations gets two thumbs up in my book!

I've  had my own issues with KSL.

But the fact that Rob is an ACTIVE MEMBER on this forum is admirable.

I, for one, appreciate that.

Other BULK locators my be registered on this forum.

But I'd hardly call them "ACTIVE".

I agree with Sherlock, Rob it is great your able to be part of the forums and due to that and the good reviews you have gotten you will be hearing from me in a few months (still working on my full line for a while) about placing some bulk machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my Chinese restaurant was a bust.  Started out okay, but then sales plunged.  less then $9 in the last 2 months.

This was the first time I requested a replacement.  I also asked if I needed to remove it, or if I could leave it until a replacement was found.  Rob allowed me to keep it in location until they found a new location.  I obviously wasn't making much, but at least it was better then having it sit at home.

Well I got my new location today, and moved it without a problem.  The Chinese restaurant didn't have any problem with me removing the machine, and the new location knew I was coming.

There was a gumball machine that he had me replace.  He didn't even know why it was there, so I assume somebody just slammed a machine in there.

Rob seems to do great with candy machines, and I think I will be placing an order for more as soon as I get a few machines set up.  (Right now all the machines I have are being used to replace ones in the field, which I have been cleaning and repeating the process.)

Now the sticker machines seem to not have worked out as well.  I thought the shoot'n hoops would have moved by now.  That one surprises me the most.

Currently my 2 highest grossing machines were placed by Rob.

Archived