Welcome New Members

The Mage

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to TVF, vending. 

If you need any help that the franchisors / salesmen can't seem to give you, just post over in the Beverage and Food forum and we can help you out.  You will need to post the manufacturer and model numbers of your machines when requesting help. 

You may hear some negativity regarding the healthy vending channel but please don't take it the wrong way.  You probably already know a bunch of the pitfalls and it would be great if you could enlighten us about them.  This could be very beneficial to others looking into this same channel.  Most vendors don't look at healthy vending as a profitable proposition due to their previous experiences with this channel, but it would be wonderful to hear of your work to maintain your machines, accounts and manage your products as well.  You might be able to suggest your best sellers so that when the full line vendors get requests for healthy snacks they will know what to try.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this great welcoming piece of advice! I'm Marissa, and I am going into the bulk vending business, specifically coin operated gumball and candy machines. I was looking into different forms of second income, and I came accross a blog post about candy vending and here I am! I am still in the process of obtaining my lisences, so I haven't placed my first machine yet. However I did just recently get my approval for my ficticious business name in the mail yesterday from the county clerk! :D I'm really excited to explore more of this website and be a part of this community! :D

Learning Experience

My husband and I are new to vending and bought several U-Turn Terminators-bought them brand new and paid full price! I am ok with that because the training was great and all the machines were located by them quickly. We came across a deal for 20 used 8 head Terminators a week later for $100/ea. It was too good to pass up and they help to lower the cost/machine.

What we learned is that most locations will not support 8 selections, 4 selections is plenty. We were not told that b/4 we purchased from U Turn; and being new we didn't even think about it, so we never asked, just bought what they suggested we buy. I am not blaming U Turn, because we should have done our homework first. We have changed the 8's to 4's on the used ones to cut down on possible product waste.

Our machines have only been placed for one week, but we went back to each location to just check on them(they are in close proximity to our home). We already know we are going to change some of these locations down to 4 selection from 8. I know a lot of people have negative opinions about Terminators, but I like the look and design of them. (We have not had any coin mech problems yet). We are in it for the long run and will make this a profitable business!

Thanks for having a useful site & forum. I'm looking into repairing 3rd hand vending machines owned by small businesses. This site seems to have a lot of useful information, and helpful members.

I look forward to browsing through everything, and also felt compelled to post in this welcome thread -- thanks everyone.

Welcome to the forum.  You will find tons of useful and informative postings at TVF. 

Are you new to the service end of vending or to vending in general?  Feel free to post any service questions in the Beverage and Food forum.  You can also PM me for any parts you might be in need of. 

See you over there!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I am also new to vending.  I just purchase 9 triple head candy machines.  Cleaning them up and painting them was some work.  It took a little more than a full day, but they look pretty good right now.  I have managed to place one machine so far.  I am also grateful for this forum. 

Hello Everyone,

I am also new to vending.  I just purchase 9 triple head candy machines.  Cleaning them up and painting them was some work.  It took a little more than a full day, but they look pretty good right now.  I have managed to place one machine so far.  I am also grateful for this forum. 

Welcome Nick, glad to have you aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited to join this forum! We've been running a bulk vending route for about three years and now I'm looking into adding some toys to some of our locations. I've been impressed so far with the information I have found to help me with this transition!

I'm excited to join this forum! We've been running a bulk vending route for about three years and now I'm looking into adding some toys to some of our locations. I've been impressed so far with the information I have found to help me with this transition!

Glad to have you aboard, would love to hear updates as you make the changes to your business.

Hello, Newbie here. I'm interested in getting into the vending field and happened upon this site while researching on the internet. Wow, what a pleasant surprise. The wealth of knowledge and willingness to share that expertise is awesome. Hope you don't mind my lurking and maybe throwing out an occasional question. Thanks for this fantastic site!

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for the helpful info! 

My name is Felecia, and I'm a physician. My husband and I are hoping to make a bit of supplemental income and to raise money for a charity near and dear to us with candy/gumball machines. This info is a great start! I look forward to learning from all of you.

Good day! Myself and a good friend, both ex-Canadian military, have been running Trader Brew Beverage Co in Edmonton Alberta for just over two years. We have eight Saeco Rubino 200 hot beverage machines, all purchased through Canmax.

I was really happy to discover your forum via a Google search. The Canmax site is restrictive and very out of date. It appears that most operators may have move away from them altogether. We are interested in exchanging ideas and best practices from current operators, and would be more than happy to pass on what we have learned to any new operators. My biz partner, Don, is a whiz with the electronics and machine programming. If anyone needs help in that area, we'd be happy to assist where we can. 

Best wishes to all. We are looking forward to getting to know you!

Craig Robertson

Good day! Myself and a good friend, both ex-Canadian military, have been running Trader Brew Beverage Co in Edmonton Alberta for just over two years. We have eight Saeco Rubino 200 hot beverage machines, all purchased through Canmax.

I was really happy to discover your forum via a Google search. The Canmax site is restrictive and very out of date. It appears that most operators may have move away from them altogether. We are interested in exchanging ideas and best practices from current operators, and would be more than happy to pass on what we have learned to any new operators. My biz partner, Don, is a whiz with the electronics and machine programming. If anyone needs help in that area, we'd be happy to assist where we can.

Best wishes to all. We are looking forward to getting to know you!

Craig Robertson

Glad to have you and welcome to TVF!!

Welcome to the forum! 

You will find your machines as well as the Canmax company mentioned a few times in a terrific and long thread here: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/11862-saeco-sg-200-operators/?view=findpost&p=116532&hl=greatdane

Most of the Saeco questions get posted there after people do a Saeco search.  You can join Greatdane in answering the questions, too.

I am purchasing 3 machines tomorrow. 1 combo, 1 snack, and 1 soda. I didn't really want to do the snack but that is what the client wants. I am looking for a spreadsheet or program to keep track of sales and products. Where should I start?

Welcome to the forum, tgrovair.

There might be something beneficial to you in the Downloads section of this forum.  Just click the link at the top of this page and look through the offerings there.  Otherwise, do a search in the Food and Beverage forum for various forms of the wording and read through the results there.  This question has been asked before and there have been lots of different ways that vendors keep track of their sales.  Just remember that you don't need to go overboard in details or you will spend all your time analyzing your sales to death.

You can post any other questions you have in the Food and Beverage forum and let us know how your new venture goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in the vending business for about a year. I bought a route which got me started, but now that I want to expand and build my business I'm glad forums like this exist so I can learn more about the business. I've learned I don't like full line vending because of the amount of product I have to carry. I bought a gumball machine route which I love the service requirements, but it seems like most of my money will be going toward gas to check the route. I have some candy machines that seem to do a lot more volume, now I'm trying to figure out how much profit I'm actually making as candy prices keep going up.

Archived