Welcome New Members

The Mage

Hi very good information, I am a client of a bankrupt Biz-Ops caught up in full line, just to get that out of the way.  From experience what you have said is hitting the nail on the head.  Very happy to learn of this forum, hope to learn more from all that contribute to this medium. Oh yes I am also very first hand experience with Seaga machines, no need to hammer me about them, they become your worse nightmare. Yep my personal opinion.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol sorry for double post/getting your name wrong, internet is incredibly slow where I am and isn't taking too well to this forum.

Don't worry about it - there are several members here that take special delight in getting my name wrong  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

He was up until 3 because he is a bulk vendor...LOL, Us Full line guys are up until 4!!! All kidding aside, I am pretty new to this business.  I bought a company t(turn key?)hat included 2 employees who lasted about a week.  I was thrust into a business that I didn't know anything about, with no training.  Thus,what caught my eye was the "you have to work" comment.  At first, I believed the seller "just work two days a week and make X" Well the seller was right about the money. He just left out the other 4 days of the week...I work many hours and although it is hard at times. I really like it.  I have a great bond with my customers, My young daughters get help me out sometimes and are getting a good look at business 101 via the real world old school way. I spent 25 years working my tail off for the man, now I make my own schedule, kind of...  One thing i can say is don't be afraid to just do it.  I wish i had seen this forum a while back, it may have saved me some growing pains, but then again, there is nothing free in life. Thanks

Welcome to the forums, kennymac1099!

I have seen others get into the business the same way you did and I'm glad you're a survivor.  Being in service now, I have had customers who bought routes based on cash flow only, thinking that they can be absentee owners (in a cash business with no controls?) and that it is easy enough that they can hire a friend, relative, in-law, son, daughter, step-child etc. to run it.  What they don't think about is the training needed to allow anyone to be a competent route driver and know at least 1/2 of what it takes to run a route.  So they suffer through multiple route drivers, stolen funds, lost keys, and lost accounts due to poor service while sitting at their day jobs wondering what has gone wrong. 

While it's too bad you got your start before you found this forum, you are only one of thousands to start this way.  Heck, Al Gore hadn't even invented the internet when some of us got our starts, so you at least have this site to fall back on now.

I also shuttled my daughter around with me while she was young and she would proudly announce to anyone who asked that she "knew how to fill any kind of machine on my dad's route."  And she was right.  She also was a great ice breaker with unhappy customers.

Hang around here and read the volumes of posts in the Food and Beverage forum.  Ask about anything you can't find with a search.

Hello, I'm in Texas! I have already learned a lot and have also saved myself from making a huge mistake.  I stumbled on this forum when I was trying to research reviews for a  "biz op". I have not started yet.  But after reading posts on honor boxes and bulk vending, I believe I will start small with just 2 or 3 bulk vending machines with 3 heads.  I'm also considering mint honor boxes. I have a really small car and the honor boxes will be easy to change out until I can move up into a bigger vehicle. My 8th grade son will be helping me and building a work ethic. I'm looking foward to this venture and adventure :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am brand new to bulk vending (been a truck driver for 34 years) My dad started his business 10 years ago and the plan was for me to retire next year and join him, To learn the in's and out's.My dad passed before I could make the transition. I learned a lot just reading the posts, I still have a lot of questions (what to buy and what suppliers), this forum gives me  the confidence I need. Thank You All

Hello, all.  I've inherited a Saeco SG200 and so now I'm in the vending business.  LOL!  I found this forum trying to get a few questions answered about this machine and it seems like a great resource.  Learned a lot of good stuff.  Very happy!

Welcome to you Brother!  This is the best forum I've found in 29 year so you have come to the right place.  We have a subforum for coffee machines and office coffee service.  It's not the busiest part of the site but there is help available there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, finishing up my last couple years of sitting on the vending idea. Watching, paying attention, researching. Im finally buying my first 2 bulk machines this weekend. Searched and read every thread i could on this forum and a plethora of pages and distributors i dug up on my own. I must say I learned alot from the community on here and feel ready to start building my own route thanks to the confidence from what i have learned on here. hopefully ill continue to learn, im sure I will have many new questions in the coming months. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am from the caribbean and a couple weeks ago I bought a snack machine from my mom which she wasn't using for a few years. After some refurbishing I have my first operational unit and im enjoying it.

I hope to gather some key information from this forum so my business can operate to its true potential.

Hello,

I am looking to get into vending, and while researching I found this forum.  I look forward to the information that is available, and connecting with the people here.  I am considering bulk vending to start.  I am in middle Tennessee, east of Nashville.

Thanks,

Terry

Archived