Welcome New Members

The Mage

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

This is a great forum, I am glad I found it while stumbling around the inernets for help. I browse all the time now.

I bought my first working used DN440 2 months ago and placed it right away. I have to say I saw the potential right away. My first machine makes more money than some of my rental houses. I wish I would have found this a long time ago.

Just bought my second and am repairing it now. I have 2 more locations ready for a machine. Can't wait to get growing.

Thanks

Welcome Curtis.  Keep reading away and before you know it you'll be successful - well you'll have to put some good machines out too.  Hang out in the Beverage and Food forum and we can answer any questions you might have.

Hi guys,

I am new to the vending business and this site, not sure how to post or anything, can someone give me a bit of direction?

Many thanks

You posted this so now you know how to post!  Welcome to the forums.   There is never ending information here that you can learn from.  Click the "Forums" button at the top of the page and select the forum that you feel best categorizes what question or topic you wish to post about and then while viewing the message headers in that forum you can click the "Start new topic" button and you are on your way.

OMG!  I am so happy that this forum exists.  I am looking into starting a bulk vending business and I have been scouring the internet for information and SO MUCH of it is spammy and scammy.  I am so excited to read all of the great material on here!  Basically, thank you so much for being real humans!  ;D

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank everyone for all of the informative posts on the website.

My name is Anar. My wife and I live in Chicago and we are thinking of buying a snack and drink vending machine to dip our toes into the vending business and hopefully grow slowly as we become more knowledgeable. I am very excited to learn more about the vending business. Several newbie questions i have:

1. i tried to download the book on the downloads page but it says that i don't have enough posts to download. how many posts do i need? can someone maybe send this book - if thats ok?

2. i've been reading old threads on the forum (thank you). What other books would you folks suggest to read? Anything in particular?

thank you very much. I'll also post these questions on the food and beverage forum , in case this is not the proper  venue. thank you again. 

Hi there!

I am in southern Louisiana and I have been offered the opportunity to purchase an established route of 11 locations and 22 machines. I'm not sure what machines they are yet, but I'm getting that research down before I ask any questions. I am very glad this forum is here.

Thanks  

Hello!

This is a great site- I only wish I had found it sooner.

I am totally new to the business. Due to circumstances, I am forced to start a new and flexible career/business. I worked in IT for 16 years, and I can't wait to stop staring at computer screens and get out into the world. After months of research, I decided that bulk vending would be a good fit for me, in every way. I sure hope I am right! I have enough money to get started (I think!), and 35 hours a week out of the house to work my butt off :)

This is it. I am starting the business this week. I will be frequenting this site, and again-  so happy to have found you all!!

Jennifer

Hey Vendiva,

I'm in North Louisiana.  They have several people from LA on thsi site.  My route goes down to part of South LA.  Douw hwy 90 thru morgan city down to thibodaux, raceland, galliano, cut off & golden meadow on southern most point Glad you are on this site before purchasing

Hello, I am a true believer in online forums to learn about subjects I know little about but attempt to master. Well master might be a strong a word but online forums have taught me a lot. Lately I been on some solar forums and built my first system. The forums gave me the knowledge and courage to go for it.

Now I find myself being asked advise on the Vending machine business by my daughter and she saw a ad she was interested in. I don't know anything about the vending machine business but I looked around online and found some desturbing news on that compay she was looking into. It seems from my little bit of research there are many scams businesses and this one was just shut down in my state of Washington by the State of Washington. Fraud charges and other not so nice things like taking retired folks life savings and then disappearing.

So Here I am looking to aquire knowledge on this business. I like what I have read so far in the introduction post and will read through other subjects posted here before asking to many stupid questions. lol

Tommy

Welcome to the forums, Tommy. 

Pass this website information on to your daughter or anyone else you know who is thinking about getting into vending and tell them the best way to learn besides doing it is endless reading here on TVF.  I appreciate your desire to get information for your daughter, but if she doesn't read it herself and ask her own questions she won't be prepared, or possibly even interested in what it takes to succeed in this industry.  You can't lead her to success, she has to make the trip herself.

Hello, I am a true believer in online forums to learn about subjects I know little about but attempt to master. Well master might be a strong a word but online forums have taught me a lot. Lately I been on some solar forums and built my first system. The forums gave me the knowledge and courage to go for it.

Now I find myself being asked advise on the Vending machine business by my daughter and she saw a ad she was interested in. I don't know anything about the vending machine business but I looked around online and found some desturbing news on that compay she was looking into. It seems from my little bit of research there are many scams businesses and this one was just shut down in my state of Washington by the State of Washington. Fraud charges and other not so nice things like taking retired folks life savings and then disappearing.

So Here I am looking to aquire knowledge on this business. I like what I have read so far in the introduction post and will read through other subjects posted here before asking to many stupid questions. lol

Tommy

Sounds like your daughter make be looking at Healthy Vending which would be a very bad and costly mistake - make her read this forum.  It will save her a lot of grief.

Hello Everyone, I have retired from the Navy, and now i am trying my hand in the Vending Machine Business. I have started with one unit, and will see how that goes and decide if this is in my future. I started with a Selectvend though Sams Club. Most of the reviews were good. Id anyone can suggest any other makes, that would be awesome.

Mark

Welcome to the forum, Mark!  You will find a tremendous amount of valuable information here.  Since you will be working the soda and snack end of the industry you should make your home in the Beverage and Food forum. 

I do wish you had investigated this forum prior to your purchase of a brand new machine(s), as anyone new to this business should conserve their capital and invest only in good used machines until they know this is the business they truly want to be in.  From this point on you should do as Orsd suggested and look for used soda only machines from Dixie Narco, Royal or Vendo and use them for selling easy-to-vend cans.  Once you learn the ins and outs of can soda vending you should know if this is what you want to do in business.  At that time you could begin to expand into the snack side.  The reason to delay the snacks is that a minimum of 5 snack machines is generally needed to allow you ample machines to sell your products from due to the large product count boxes you will have to buy for restocking.  One or two snack machines won't sell through all your products quick enough to prevent many of them from expiring and becoming non-sellable. 

Concentrating on soda only allows you to learn the details of one type of vending as far as machine purchasing, machine preparing, finding locations, moving and installing machines, managing your inventory and cash, repairing your machines and the general discipline of running a business.  Once you have the hang of that, vending other product categories becomes much easier to manage.

Use the folks in the Beverage and Food forum to bounce questions off of and you will find many responses from vendors with varied amounts of experience.  We can advise you on locations, machines, prices to pay, etc.  You will also find it helpful to perform a search for any topic you're interested in as most topics of vending have been discussed before.

Good luck and good vending.

It's nice to see that there is a vending forum that a person can get a variety of opinons and suggestions. I was recently given responsibility for a Vending Dept. that has 64 chip and candy machines. I am trying to learn all I can about the business so we can improve our customer service and increase our revenue. I look forward in participating in discussions and hope I can provide some positive input.

Thanks!

It's nice to see that there is a vending forum that a person can get a variety of opinons and suggestions. I was recently given responsibility for a Vending Dept. that has 64 chip and candy machines. I am trying to learn all I can about the business so we can improve our customer service and increase our revenue. I look forward in participating in discussions and hope I can provide some positive input.

Thanks!

Welcome to TVF. Can you elaborate a little on what you mean about being put in charge of a vending department? This sounds like it might b a fairly unique situation and knowing a little more about you situation might make a difference in how we answer some of your questions.

?

Just want to say hi

Been in the amusement end for 25 years Jukes pool ect.

Bought out a company couple years ago that had bulk on the route.

So trying to stay on top of items that are selling and this site is a great help.

thanks

Hi new vending operator in Landrum, SC.  Bought Grow Healthy Vending machines in June 2013, wish now I never did!  What a headache!  I haven't gotten very good support from them and am now looking for a lot of answers on my own.  I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Thanks for being here.

Hi new vending operator in Landrum, SC.  Bought Grow Healthy Vending machines in June 2013, wish now I never did!  What a headache!  I haven't gotten very good support from them and am now looking for a lot of answers on my own.  I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Thanks for being here.

Sorry to hear of your problems. One thing we try to do around here is to share experiences, both good and bad. If you are so inclined your experience would make a good discussion in the food and beverage section. If not, that's fine to, we are just glad you found us.

Archived