VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

I thank you gentlemen for the invite but The King must decline as His royal attention is required elsewhere.

Is HRH available to play this year... it was abit boring without your royal dribble throughout the season ;D   

Nah.... the king could count  ;D

Especially when it involved trades in his favour..... BRING BACK THE KING!!! 

As I recall all of his trades were ridiculous - I found it a bit insulting that he would even think any of us could be that stupid

• Like 1

Ha ha. Love this. We'll "count" the wins at years end.

And for the record it was 8. I'm the 9th. Waiting on 10th team. Now do I get a gold star? [emoji12]

BT$

With a name like "Smart Vending" I would expect you to know how to count  ;D

The league is up. We can always make room for people. 

Thanks for adding me again this year Big Mike... I was wondering if you were able to make any changes to the setting we use this year?

I am not sure how other leagues work but I believe that you can lock down players once there game has started until the end of the waiver period. Is that correct?

Thanks for adding me again this year Big Mike... I was wondering if you were able to make any changes to the setting we use this year?

I am not sure how other leagues work but I believe that you can lock down players once there game has started until the end of the waiver period. Is that correct?

I'm glad to see Kiwi is still pretending he doesn't know how the game is played.  Sadly, the King must decline your invite due to league policy on dumping players. He doesn't garner enjoyment out of dominating the peasants with His intellectual prowess and fantasy know how only to have the league devolve into a free for all with men who have no chance cutting their quality players to give friends with a high waiver spot additional key players.  The King enjoys a level battlefield on which to defeat his foes.  I've been to the mountaintop and I've seen a world where fantasy dominance and royal knowledge is what wins championships . . . I simply can not return to this one.  Ladies and Gents, I thank you for the good years and may all of your fantasy dreams become nightmares.

HRH

• Like 1

I'm glad to see Kiwi is still pretending he doesn't know how the game is played. 

Okay... I admit it.... I may pretend to be a little bit dumb  ;D  but I am still NO expert  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ok so what is the waiver controversy about? Do we have some type of wonky rule or something?!

The controversy the king is referring to is ancient history... the only waiver rule I was referring to changing was to be able to lock down players so that we can make better use of our waiver priority. Under our current settings the only players that go on the waiver wire are players that have been dropped.

What waiver wire rules do you normally use in leagues that you've played in?

Ok so what is the waiver controversy about? Do we have some type of wonky rule or something?!

BT$

The wonky rule is that people dump players once their playoff hopes are dead.  Expect to see Rodgers, Antonio, Gurley, etc on the wire once someone misses the playoffs.  Plan ahead smart vend and stay classy San Diego.

HRH

The wonky rule is that people dump players once their playoff hopes are dead.  Expect to see Rodgers, Antonio, Gurley, etc on the wire once someone misses the playoffs. 

That is not always the case.... if I remember correctly we did have one idiot who dropped his 2x best players instead of benching them in the first bye week back in 2014!

I think it will forever be known as THE BLUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Edited by kiwi
  • Like 1

Kiwi. Draft is set for 2pm CDT or 3pm EDT. I have 4 drafts that day so I hope this is close enough? I also changed waivers to (Game time - Tues) All players will go to waivers at kickoff Sun and will stay there until Wed AM. With our league literally spanning the globe I felt Kiwi's suggestion was appropriate.

To address the King. If anyone has ever dropped good players at the end of the season to benefit someone else it must have been in a different league. It has never happened here that I recall. Anyone else remember anything? Everyone here has always played fair with the exception of Steve's wife the one year i didn't commish the league. Toward the end of the year with herself being in 5th place she expanded the playoffs to 6 teams. I called her out on it and she threatened to delete the league. I have commished ever since. 

I am open to any and all suggestions. I will try to figure out if I can set the online draft order. My biggest fear is thinking i have it and when draft time comes it comes up different. 

Mike

• Like 1

Kiwi. Draft is set for 2pm CDT or 3pm EDT. I have 4 drafts that day so I hope this is close enough? I also changed waivers to (Game time - Tues) All players will go to waivers at kickoff Sun and will stay there until Wed AM. With our league literally spanning the globe I felt Kiwi's suggestion was appropriate.

To address the King. If anyone has ever dropped good players at the end of the season to benefit someone else it must have been in a different league. It has never happened here that I recall. Anyone else remember anything? Everyone here has always played fair with the exception of Steve's wife the one year i didn't commish the league. Toward the end of the year with herself being in 5th place she expanded the playoffs to 6 teams. I called her out on it and she threatened to delete the league. I have commished ever since. 

I am open to any and all suggestions. I will try to figure out if I can set the online draft order. My biggest fear is thinking i have it and when draft time comes it comes up different. 

Mike

Actually Mike, I did it so Kiwi could win as I was fed up with the king's general A-Holiness.  It particularly pissed me off when he finally harangued somebody who was out of the race to give him Demarius Thomas for a couple of scrubs ( one of which he pulled from  the FA wire and the other was Randall Cobb.  At the time this was tantamount to trading Antonio Brown for Tyler Lockett and some scrub.  In the end it didn't make any difference as Mainor grabbed both guys I dropped (to his dismay) and Kiwi beat the King anyway.

As for the draft order, whatever you did last year worked just fine except that eveybody reached for a bunch of guys I wanted ;D  ;D  ;D

Well I guess I wasn't paying attention. In the end it didn't matter and nobody was killed. I guess if he doesn't want to play he doesn't have to.

Well I guess I wasn't paying attention. In the end it didn't matter and nobody was killed. I guess if he doesn't want to play he doesn't have to.

I leave it open because if people have played the entire year they shouldn't be locked out of thier teams the final few weeks.

Roster dumping can corrected by the commish. It's just a matter of fixing the drops and adds manually. Hopefully the league will avoid blatant moves like this. Teams that don't make playoffs can be locked automatically. In one of my main cash leagues we also have the consolation playoffs as no one wants last place. So there's incentive for everyone to keep playing. So no need to lock teams. Trades should be controlled by the commish. Once a trade is made the commish will post a question to the league. People will respond with approval or other thoughts. I'm for all trades allowed unless its blatant collusion. It's also wise to make the trade dead line earlier than later in the season if there's concerns of certain players.

BT$

I say let Yahoo set the random draft order. Unless you guys had something in place already. Like 1st place drafts last and last place drafts first and so on...

BT$

• Like 1

Whos the offending party that made the Thomas trade? Was that me from 2 seasons ago? Hard enough to remember what I had for breakfast today so correct me if Im wrong here....I drafted Thomas and he was putting up weak numbers early in the season. I traded him (to the so called "King"??) and added some key players to my roster.

I only make trades if I think they would benefit my team. Anyway, I may be legitimately remembering this wrong. Just curious.....

Mark

I say let Yahoo set the random draft order. Unless you guys had something in place already. Like 1st place drafts last and last place drafts first and so on...

I think the team who came 4th should draft 1st  ;D  or he should get 2x first round picks as he is disadvantaged by living in another country that don't play football   ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

I think the team who came 4th should draft 1st  ;D  or he should get 2x first round picks as he is disadvantaged by living in another country that don't play football   ;D  ;D  ;D

If we're going to start counting all your disadvantages, we'll be here all day  ;D  ;D  ;D  I hope you do get the first pick, after that you'll find all the good guys gone by round two and three.

• Like 1

I also changed waivers to (Game time - Tues) All players will go to waivers at kickoff Sun and will stay there until Wed AM. 

Thanks mate... this is exactly what I was talking about... now mainor won't be able to grab all the best players off the WW while I am sleeping  ;D

If we're going to start counting all your disadvantages, we'll be here all day  ;D  ;D  ;D  I hope you do get the first pick, after that you'll find all the good guys gone by round two and three.

My biggest disadvantage is actually listening to you & taking your advise ;D  I hope you don't pick any packers player this year as I don't want my team affected by your misfortune.... just pick LAMBS player because I'm sure nobody apart from you cares whether they win or not  ;D  ;D  ;D  

• Like 1

My biggest disadvantage is actually listening to you & taking your advise ;D  I hope you don't pick any packers player this year as I don't want my team affected by your misfortune.... just pick LAMBS player because I'm sure nobody apart from you cares whether they win or not  ;D  ;D  ;D  

Last time I checked there was only one Laaamb worth picking and he'll probably just get hurt about the third game of the season so maybe you should take him.  And while your at it, I'll bet you can get a good deal on Maratavis Bryant and Megatron  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

And while your at it, I'll bet you can get a good deal on Maratavis Bryant and Megatron  ;D  ;D  ;D

Maybe you should draft Montee Ball... can't be any worse than your last 2x 1st round picks  ;D

I'd definitely like that. I always love to play FF. It has been an awful year for injuries. In another league I had Jordy, we all know how that went  :mellow:

Are you still interested in playing in the TVF league.... if so you should flick Big Mike a PM

• Like 1

Maybe you should draft Montee Ball... can't be any worse than your last 2x 1st round picks  ;D

I've already promised myself I WILL NOT draft a stinkin' running back in the first round ever again - been burned two years in a row

• Like 1