VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

2 hours ago, kandyking said:

Next year you should move to a FAAB or free agent budget where people bid for the players available on the waivers with a budget (typically $100) to last the whole year.  It takes the luck and chance out of the free agency and allows a manager to implement skill in even this facet of the game.  Its hard to play great and draft great only to use your waiver priority a week too early and watch some lucky jerk grab a guy you want.  This levels the playing field and removes the element of chance.  Just an idea, albeit an idea from the smartest among you. 

HRH

This all started because Kiwi insists on living in the third world = I can't see why that should be our problem :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, it's Monday morning and so far it's been a perfect weekend with the Mooners once again dialing up just enough players to win.  When you have so many studs on your bench it's hard to know which one will do best.  And to cap off the perfect week I'm really hoping Ashlon Jeffery can score 28 points tonight which would be just enough to beat Kiwi again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moondog said:

Well, it's Monday morning and so far it's been a perfect weekend with the Mooners once again dialing up just enough players to win.  When you have so many studs on your bench it's hard to know which one will do best.  And to cap off the perfect week I'm really hoping Ashlon Jeffery can score 28 points tonight which would be just enough to beat Kiwi again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, mainor5251 said:

who the hell is Ashlon is that Alshon's sister

If it wasn't for that crap call that disallowed the TD for Ebron I wouldn't have to worry about Ashlon or Alshon..... ;D ;D ;D

37 minutes ago, kiwi said:

If it wasn't for that crap call that disallowed the TD for Ebron I wouldn't have to worry about Ashlon or Alshon..... ;D ;D ;D

Well at least you swapped  one of your walking wounded for a kicker - your bench was starting to look like the Zombie Apocalypse.

And I'm still waiting for Fleener to fully grasp the Saints playbook.  You'd think a Stanford grad could quickly pick up on on something that's been written for the the semi-literate.  So much for the Harvard of the West.

2 hours ago, moondog said:

I wouldn't surprise me, I just need 28 points and I don't care who does it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am beginning to wonder if the TVF league is actually a football league or just a competition between YOU & ME!!! ;D

On 9/14/2016 at 4:56 AM, moondog said:

Well here it is on Tuesday morning and the Blue Mooners have managed to bungle their way into yet another victory 

21 hours ago, moondog said:

Well, it's Monday morning and so far it's been a perfect weekend with the Mooners once again dialing up just enough players to win. 

I'm glad I wont have to read another one these post this coming week.... here's a heads up on what you will be saying after our match-up

Well here it is on Tuesday morning and the Thunder have kicked my *****!!! ;D ;D ;D  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwi said:

I'm glad I wont have to read another one these post this coming week.... here's a heads up on what you will be saying after our match-up

Well here it is on Tuesday morning and the Thunder have kicked my *****!!! ;D ;D ;D  

Just for the record, you've never actually beaten the Mighty Blue Mooners - though you did manage to pull off a victory over The Peter Pans :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 9/20/2016 at 1:21 PM, mainor5251 said:

You can call it what you want but gonna be the same story as last year....not quite good enough to get it done

I'm guessing that your going to be looking for a RB this week on the WW if both your RB's are going to be out... it's a pity that your waiver priority is so low because you may not get the one you want ;D ;D ;D

6 hours ago, moondog said:

Just for the record, you've never actually beaten the Mighty Blue Mooners - though you did manage to pull off a victory over The Peter Pans :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Peter Pans... I thought your team were more like Tinkerbell's ;D  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2016 at 7:52 PM, kiwi said:

Peter Pans... I thought your team were more like Tinkerbell's ;D  

Breaking news;  Apparently Antonio Brown is suffering from an in-grown left Gonad which has apparently slipped down into his left hip socket making it somewhat difficult to run and jump (as you might imagine)  For now he says he'll play through the pain (Ouch) but he'll be doubtful for his up coming game so FF owners better plan on benching him.

In other news, Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys has threatened to have Tony Romo (due back week 7) publicly castrated should he ever attempt to run again.  Apparently the plan going forward is that he should just chuck the ball out of bounds when he fails to find Dez in the end zone. On the up side, at least this would prevent any possible in-grown Gonad issues.

Well, that's all the big news for now, just remember, you heard it here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On 9/20/2016 at 8:12 AM, moondog said:

Well, it's Monday morning and so far it's been a perfect weekend with the Mooners once again dialing up just enough players to win.  When you have so many studs on your bench it's hard to know which one will do best. 

Where is this weeks Monday morning fantasy football recap.... ;D

• Like 1

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 9:48 PM, kiwi said:

I'm guessing that your going to be looking for a RB this week on the WW if both your RB's are going to be out... it's a pity that your waiver priority is so low because you may not get the one you want ;D ;D ;D

Check my lineup and you'll see all is just fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mainor5251 said:

Check my lineup and you'll see all is just fine

Yep... I can see that the Blue Pansies helped you out in that department but I really thought (being a Bucs fan) that you were going to pickup Sims 

It's funny because if he had've kept & started both Crabtree & Coleman instead of trading them to you he would've beaten me this week ;D ;D ;D  

13 hours ago, kiwi said:

Yep... I can see that the Blue Pansies helped you out in that department but I really thought (being a Bucs fan) that you were going to pickup Sims 

It's funny because if he had've kept & started both Crabtree & Coleman instead of trading them to you he would've beaten me this week ;D ;D ;D  

Nope, even if I'd player them I'd have still come up short.  Looks like my team decided to take the week off.  Funny how guys that have been scoring 15 to 20 points consistently can out of the blue put up 5 points and they all had favorable matchups too.  Well at least its only one game and hopefully they've all got it out of their system.  Congrats on your win ( I'm not sure if my team could actually score 140+ points)  and I'm glad the trade worked out for Mainor as he took down the 1st place team on the backs of the guys I traded him (I probably would have left them on the bench)  I do feel bad for the Hippo who had the second highest score and got beaten for the third straight time.  That's called a bad beat in Poker.  And now there are no undefeated teams but I will be holding a grudge against Kiwi who robbed me of first place had I won.  All in all, I'd say things are getting interesting.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 4:08 PM, kiwi said:

Where is this weeks Monday morning fantasy football recap.... ;D

Not to worry, I have a plan.  All I'll need is for Brees to toss about a  hundred passes to Coby Fleener on three yard out routes (even Fleener can run that route) and I'll be the winner.  The beauty of this plan is that it should take up the whole game and the Saint's defense will rarely see the field.

As I see it, from a fantasy standpoint, Drew Brees has one big problem; he never gets to play the Saints :o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Now that Josh Gordon has decided he'd rather go to rehab than rejoin the Browns next week, I suspect Big Mike will be looking for some real juice for that QB he's going to get.  I'm thinking Tom Brady for Antonio Brown or something similar since Mike is currently starting Tavon Austin (who might as well be in rehab).  Thanks Big Mike for turning down my trade offer for Gordon earlier.  I realize that Dez might not be all he could be without Romo but at least he isn't headed to rehab (yet) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the meantime I suspect that Browns management has finally decided to flush that turd for good.  Great player but no common sense.

Well another crappy Monday after another sub par Sunday for the Mooners.  Right now I'm trying to figure what the odds are of Blair Walsh scoring 71 points and I'm guessing they're not good.  Well at least I won't be alone at 2 and 2.  Looks like Kiwis going to be there right with me after he loses to the last place team.  That was a very short reign in 1st place.  Next week I get to face Big Mike who so far is doing even worse than me but he's getting Brady back with a big chip on his shoulder so I'll be starting Ryan who's red hot right now (wish I'd started him yesterday but that San Diego matchup for Brees was just too tempting even though everybody knows you never start Brees on the road)  I liked it better when the Saints were losing and Brees was putting up 30+ points per game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moondog said:

Well at least I won't be alone at 2 and 2.  Looks like Kiwis going to be there right with me after he loses to the last place team.  That was a very short reign in 1st place.

Yep... things aren't looking good but I still think I have a slim chance having the best DEF in the league going up against Eli.... it's only a small chance but it's still better than needing Walsh to score 71 points ;D

I think you should be more worried about your kicker scoring 10 points because if he doesn't the only record you will hold is the biggest blowout for this week ;D ;D ;D 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2016 at 5:53 AM, moondog said:

As I see it, from a fantasy standpoint, Drew Brees has one big problem; he never gets to play the Saints :o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So... abit like the Mooner's not getting to play the Mooner's!!! ;D;D;D;D;D

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 4:19 AM, moondog said:

Thanks Big Mike for turning down my trade offer for Gordon earlier.

If it was anything like the offers that you have been sending me for AB & Jordy.... it wouldn't be hard to turn down ;D