VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

6 hours ago, kiwi said:

I just noticed that all players that were supposed to clear waivers on (Sep 9) have now been locked out until (Sep 14) so does that mean that our "new" waiver setting lock all players out from the start of the Thursday Night Game & not at the start of the actual game that they are playing in? 

H'mmm, it sounds like somebody has finally decided that maybe having a kicker might be a good Idea B)B):o

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kiwi said:

This kinda makes me feel abit better about my famous "blunder" that I did back in 2014 now.... :P I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during those first few rounds as I bet there was alot of cussing going on ;D ;D ;D

The only bright side I see here is now you have to face Elliot in your first game - good luck with that :o:o:rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kiwi said:

I just noticed that all players that were supposed to clear waivers on (Sep 9) have now been locked out until (Sep 14) so does that mean that our "new" waiver setting lock all players out from the start of the Thursday Night Game & not at the start of the actual game that they are playing in? 

Oh Big Mike, Big Mike, Kiwi seems to have mislaid his man pants (again) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  You really are becoming rather "high maintanance"  Maybe next year the whole league should just move to Paparanga so Mean Ol' Mainor can't beat you to all the free agents before you wake up.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2016 at 3:50 AM, moondog said:

H'mmm, it sounds like somebody has finally decided that maybe having a kicker might be a good Idea B)B):o

If only I was playing against you this week I wouldn't need a kicker because you seem to always leave your highest scoring players on your bench rather than having them in your starting lineup ;D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Big Mike said:

Waivers were to be Sun to Tues. Had on First game to Sun by mistake. Fixed it.

Mate.... sorry to be a pain but are our waivers now set for Sun - Tues.... wouldn't we be better off using the WW setting that Smart Vend suggested being "Game Time - Tuesday" 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2016 at 3:50 AM, moondog said:

I think that you will find that adding & dropping every available kicker is not going to lock them out  ;D ;D ;D

3 minutes ago, smartvendnw said:

Agreed. I mean I'm the newbie to the group so whatever ultimately works. But yeah all my years playing Game Time to Tuesday just makes sense, unless for whatever reason you have a reason for.... I mean is it literally 12:01am Sunday?

BT$

Mate... I was the one that originally suggested we changed the setting we previously used because up until now we could add a player after their game had started which meant that if a player had a breakout game or a player got injured you were automatically able to add that player. I thought it was a good idea to use "Game Time" as it would allow everyone equal opportunity to put a claim in on a player & make better use of our wavier priority which I thought would make things more interesting.

On our old setting there was NO point having waiver priority as the only player that went to waivers were players that had been dropped.

On 9/10/2016 at 7:28 AM, moondog said:

Oh Big Mike, Big Mike, Kiwi seems to have mislaid his man pants (again) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  

I can't wait for week 3.... because your going to be crapping your "own" pants at the score by boys will be putting up against you ;D 

On 9/9/2016 at 2:45 AM, kiwi said:

Oh Big Mike, Big Mike, Kiwi seems to have mislaid his man pants again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  You really are becoming quite "high maintanance"  Maybe next year the whole league should just move to Paparanga so Mean Ol' Mainor can't beat you to all the free agents before you wake up.

Brady for Stafford, you're dreaming,  Maybe you should trade Stafford for a kicker  not that it'll make much difference as you'll just lose anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On 9/10/2016 at 9:32 PM, kiwi said:

I can't wait for week 3.... because your going to be crapping your "own" pants at the score by boys will be putting up against you ;D 

You're not going to start that again are you?  This is what you say every time we have a game approaching and you usually lose (like you are right now)  Now that all the pre-season hype has been sorted out you'll find my team much tougher to beat next week.  I figure Barnkowski will be okay once RGIII plays himself into the dog house (which he's just about done already. 10 points won't get it done)  The one I'm worried about is Fleener who apparently is not the second coming of Jimmy Graham.  Brees throws for over 400 yards, scores 38 points and Fleener only scores one?  Something smells fishy there.  And I do intend to play CJ next week.  While Ware was probably the best 1st round pick of the week, I didn't figure Carolina's defense could be gashed for that many points by a running back but C J looks like the real deal this year so I'm happy about that and it looks like leaving him on the bench won't cost me the first game after all.  Overall, as Efed up as my draft was I'm not feeling nearly so bad now.  Keenan's out for the season and Elliot was just a lot of hype to sell season tickets so I've dodged some bullets.

On 9/10/2016 at 9:32 PM, kiwi said:

Did you mean Bi-Boys ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well here it is on Tuesday morning and the Blue Mooners have managed to bungle their way into yet another victory :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  While the Thunder have managed to bungle their way into just another loss.  A kicker would have been nice and there were still quite a few that could have made the difference (even after I managed to put a bunch of them on waivers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:).  Speaking of waivers, this new system sucks.  Here it is on Tuesday morning and every available free agent is still on waivers.  We need to go back to the old system where you can add a free agent any time you want and only dropped players are on the waiver list.  Any idea that originates with Kiwi is bound to end badly.

And once again, I have the best bench in the league.  Not only did the six guys on my bench  manage to beat half the league, they even beat me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  If I could only start all 15, I'd win every game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moondog said:

Well here it is on Tuesday morning and the Blue Mooners have managed to bungle their way into yet another victory :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  While the Thunder have managed to bungle their way into just another loss.  A kicker would have been nice and there were still quite a few that could have made the difference (even after I managed to put a bunch of them on waivers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:).  Speaking of waivers, this new system sucks.  Here it is on Tuesday morning and every available free agent is still on waivers.  We need to go back to the old system where you can add a free agent any time you want and only dropped players are on the waiver list.  Any idea that originates with Kiwi is bound to end badly.

Mate.... congratulations on your WIN but don't get too far ahead of yourself as it's only week 1! ;D 

Your right that kicker may have made a difference in my game against Pyro if not for the (Sun-Tue) WW lockout but if I was honest I would of probably picked up Phil Dawson which in the end would've still left me short.

Now... if I had of gone with my gut feeling & picked up the Minnesota DEF instead sticking loyal to my Packers we wouldn't be having this conversation but I'm not going to dwell on it as Pyro deserved to beat me this week...

I think the WW setting we need to use is the one I originally suggested which is Game Time - Tuesday NOT Sun-Tuesday which makes NO sence... I would prefer to go back to our old WW setting than to use our current setup :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

On 8/22/2016 at 6:30 AM, Big Mike said:

Kiwi. Draft is set for 2pm CDT or 3pm EDT. I have 4 drafts that day so I hope this is close enough? I also changed waivers to (Game time - Tues) All players will go to waivers at kickoff Sun and will stay there until Wed AM. With our league literally spanning the globe I felt Kiwi's suggestion was appropriate.

Mate... is it posible to change the WW settitings to Game Time - Tues instead of Game Time Sun - Tues.... maybe you could ask others for their opinions on what the settings should be but I misunderstood your original post where you stated our settings above ^^^^^^

I am all for locking down FA until Tuesday though because now we will see our waiver priority having to be used to select the best available players on the WW.... even though I have the worst waiver priority ;D ;D ;D 

Edited by kiwi

On 8/22/2016 at 6:30 AM, Big Mike said:

With our league literally spanning the globe I felt Kiwi's suggestion was appropriate.

I think that next year we should all have to use our 2nd round pick on a DEF because it seemed to work for the Blue Spooners ;D

Edited by kiwi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moondog said:

And once again, I have the best bench in the league.  Not only did the six guys on my bench  manage to beat half the league, they even beat me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  If I could only start all 15, I'd win every game.

I think if your ever going to win a Championship.... you would need to be able to start ALL 15 players on your roster ;D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwi said:

The Cardinals were a lot better than getting Keenan Allen with my second pick - they can't all get hurt :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  And besides, the Mooners don't need any steeeenking  1st and 2nd round picks

• Like 1