Hat's Off To AZ

Recently I had a key pad go out on my AP Studio 1.  I pm'd Randy regarding availability on Saturday and he responded immediately saying he'd check his inventory come Monday.  Monday he pm's me that he doesn't have one but can order one for me.  My problem here was time as this machine really cranks when working.  Later that day he pm's me back saying he found one in Nevada which I could get by Wednesday.  Sure enough,  Wednesday the keypad membrane arrives and I install it the next morning which was a moment none too soon as I had a whole factory jonesing for three days.

Randy has spent a great deal of his time, since joining TVF, helping people through many problems which frankly, are usually over my head (can't speak for the rest of you)  If you need parts please give him the first shot - it's the least we can do.

Thanks again Randy 

I will 2nd that Moondog.....I have been helped a great deal by reading AZ post....everytime he gives a suggestion its right on the money...spot on

2 Months ago I could not figure out a problem...I had spent 2 hrs trying to find.....I posted it on here and AZ knew exactly what was up....and I fixed it with in minutes

Thank You AZ...I look forward to reading your post everyday

Thank you guys, it's very nice to be appreciated here.  I do try to help everyone the best that I can and I'm very glad to have found this forum so I can give back to the industry.

I will have to chime in on this also,  Randy is my go to repair man since I live in Arizona I have the luxury of meeting and talking with him face to face and whenever I have a problem I give him a call to do my repairs.  There has not been a time that I had a question, problem and he couldn't answer.

I am newer to vending so I have had alot of questions that may be pretty stupid and I still have a few that come up and everytime I ask he never hesitates to help.

Thanks Randy

My turn. Randy has been clutch so many times. I literally knew nothing about vending or parts. He has been so helpful in explaining everything to me. I am still unsure about this whole industry as it truly is never ending. It's a daily struggle and Randy answers all my questions in timely, professional, and friendly manner. 

Go Randy! 

Randy is the man! I wish we could meet him in person. He has helped me soooo much, and is always spot on. I rarely post any questions here because randy helps me immediately. His service is unbeatable. I dont think my business would be the same at all without him or tvf. Seriously randy your the best, and i say we all do something for him. Randy whens ur bday?

Wait he hasnt chimed in yet....lets get his attention...

Anyone know what could be triggering my usi snack machine to freeze every now and then? Display will just freeze and will not take any money....if only someone could help!

Hopefully thats making randys ears ring lol

Anyone know what could be triggering my usi snack machine to freeze every now and then? Display will just freeze and will not take any money....if only someone could help!

BatmanSignalLightWonder.png

Check for a burned out or nearly burned out light in the machine or anywhere near it, including in the ceiling.  If the lamps are good then make sure you have the ground pin on your plug in the wall.  This could also be evidence of a faulty coin mech or logic board.  If the machine is an older USI with a yellow display then you could also have cold solder joints on the wires to the display board.  Re-flowing the solder on all the wires to the board with cure that.  If it's a red or blue display then pull the display harnesses apart and put them back together to clean up the connections. 

Thanks again to all of you for the kind comments.  My birthday is August 13 but I'm not quite sure how we could celebrate that here.  Thanks again everyone.

Check for a burned out or nearly burned out light in the machine or anywhere near it, including in the ceiling.  If the lamps are good then make sure you have the ground pin on your plug in the wall.  This could also be evidence of a faulty coin mech or logic board.  If the machine is an older USI with a yellow display then you could also have cold solder joints on the wires to the display board.  Re-flowing the solder on all the wires to the board with cure that.  If it's a red or blue display then pull the display harnesses apart and put them back together to clean up the connections. 

Thanks again to all of you for the kind comments.  My birthday is August 13 but I'm not quite sure how we could celebrate that here.  Thanks again everyone.

Randy.. 44mins  to reply.. what took you so long? ;D

I think what you need is a good holiday so this doesn't happen again. We could all chip in for a flight to NZ for Randy's birthday & I am sure I could find a few jobs to keep him busy while he is here.

Seriously.. I think what Randy does for the TVF community with his is priceless! 

I hope you are going to be here for many years to come mate

Cheers

Kiwi

Haha it worked! How bout we all meet up in vegas for that vending show, write it off and treat randy like a led crane 6 wide haha

Crane 6 wide in an apartment complex or office building?    big difference   ;D

Haha it worked! How bout we all meet up in vegas for that vending show, write it off and treat randy like a led crane 6 wide haha

Oh oh, I don't know if I want people calling me butt-ugly like a 6 wide Crane machine is. :huh: 

It doesnt matter all i know is we will need a dutro dolly so we can clamshell him out of the bellagio. Afterwards hes going to arizona looking like a antares without a bill changer and all selections priced at .35c

You'd need a deep swimming pool - Phoenix in August is the nearest thing to hell on earth I care to contemplate  ;D

You'd need a deep swimming pool - Phoenix in August is the nearest thing to hell on earth I care to contemplate ;D

That's quite scary.. coming from a guy who lives in California.

Recently I had a key pad go out on my AP Studio 1. I pm'd Randy regarding availability on Saturday and he responded immediately saying he'd check his inventory come Monday. Monday he pm's me that he doesn't have one but can order one for me. My problem here was time as this machine really cranks when working. Later that day he pm's me back saying he found one in Nevada which I could get by Wednesday. Sure enough, Wednesday the keypad membrane arrives and I install it the next morning which was a moment none too soon as I had a whole factory jonesing for three days.

Randy has spent a great deal of his time, since joining TVF, helping people through many problems which frankly, are usually over my head (can't speak for the rest of you) If you need parts please give him the first shot - it's the least we can do.

Thanks again Randy

I'm a small enterprise, but I make it a point to order parts from AZvendor. He and the others on here are greatly appreciated for helping us vendors.

Thanks!!!

Archived