Here we go again. sighhhhh

Here is the latest machine to hit the scamming biz op shows, it appears.  It's very obvious that it's a new version of the Office Deli machine previously sold by various companies but all built by the infamous and well loved Seaga.  The most bizarre thing about it is the very low selection panel.  As this machine sits on the ground, a customer would have to bend over or kneel down to reach the selection buttons.  My back just hurts thinking about it.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/bfd/4527687920.html%C2'>

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what he means by "Here is the latest machine to hit the scamming biz op shows", (did you forget something) but I am sure its some variation of this.  The product description lists it as an Antares Office Deli machine, but the manual references Seaga.

I was too late... I see the link now

Yeah, it appears to be a new version of the original Office Deli.  I reposted the link while you were typing.  This "Shermco Vending" outfit sounds a little hinky though.  One website looks like they are a real vending company since 2010 and another website says they have been selling machines on Ebay for almost 10 years.  They also like to use images of USI machines so I would bet they are one of the iffy machine distributors we have seen before that troll the interwebs looking for unsuspecting suckers who have cash to burn on promises that may or may not be filled.

it should certainly meet the ADA requirement regarding height restrictions but maybe if they expect people that short to be using their machines they should also include a step ladder for that person so they can see what is on the top shelf,,

Only $3,400 delivered what steal.  Here is the best part . . .

"This is a one Piece unit that offers 21 Snack selections (195 items) & 6 Drink selections (115 items).   The machine holds a total of 310 items."

Isn't that what every vendor wants a machine that holds more snacks than drinks? :blink:

Maybe they should change the bullet point at the top of their ad from

Brand new combo vending machine CASH COW!

to

Brand new combo vending machine GAS COW!

due to all the trips you would have to make to keep a machine that only holds 115 cans of soda full. 

I haven't had it happen yet but I know a $100 fill up is in my near future.

gallery_6992_155_291417.jpg

If I owned any of those I am sure it would happen sooner than later. 

Who buys this kind of stuff?

At $3,400 per unit how would you ever pay them off?

Only $3,400 delivered what steal. Here is the best part . . .

"This is a one Piece unit that offers 21 Snack selections (195 items) & 6 Drink selections (115 items). The machine holds a total of 310 items."

Isn't that what every vendor wants a machine that holds more snacks than drinks? :blink:

Maybe they should change the bullet point at the top of their ad from Brand new combo vending machine CASH COW!

to Brand new combo vending machine GAS COW!

due to all the trips you would have to make to keep a machine that only holds 115 cans of soda full.

I haven't had it happen yet but I know a $100 fill up is in my near future.

gallery_6992_155_291417.jpg

If I owned any of those I am sure it would happen sooner than later.

I paid $3.96 for gas the other day

I paid $3.20 last week at Sams, it is up to $3.39 and higher at some stations here.

Still have over 1/2 tank from last fill up at Sams.

cajun

Junk machines for sure, I pity the dumb azz  who falls for this biz opt.!

Here is the latest machine to hit the scamming biz op shows, it appears. It's very obvious that it's a new version of the Office Deli machine previously sold by various companies but all built by the infamous and well loved Seaga. The most bizarre thing about it is the very low selection panel. As this machine sits on the ground, a customer would have to bend over or kneel down to reach the selection buttons. My back just hurts thinking about it.

What a piece of junk! People can't do vending out of these inefficient machines. That should be reported as a scam on Craig's list.

My old Genesis combo is pinching cans, must be the quasi rotor crap on it. I got the call yesterday, Coke cans leaking, I'm going tomorrow ahead of schedule. If i can't fix it, I'm replacing it with a beverage, don't even want to leave it on site as a snack only. This whole topic is making me sick to my stomach.

What a sorry bunch of lowlives creating and selling this junk!.

Yeah, it appears to be a new version of the original Office Deli.  I reposted the link while you were typing.  This "Shermco Vending" outfit sounds a little hinky though.  One website looks like they are a real vending company since 2010 and another website says they have been selling machines on Ebay for almost 10 years.  They also like to use images of USI machines so I would bet they are one of the iffy machine distributors we have seen before that troll the interwebs looking for unsuspecting suckers who have cash to burn on promises that may or may not be filled.

Did you happen to ask what the "silly six pack" was?  The whole thing looks silly to me.

it should certainly meet the ADA requirement regarding height restrictions but maybe if they expect people that short to be using their machines they should also include a step ladder for that person so they can see what is on the top shelf,,

What are you doing!!?? Don't give them any more ideas!!!

While I certainly wouldn't buy one at that price, I have purchased one in the past.  Paid $500 bucks for it on a location, looks and works like brand new.  So far works like a champ.  If you have a need for a certain size machine they are great.

Good luck on getting support..... I don't know how many times I have had to figure out how to price some of these off brand machines someone has purchased and had no idea how to set it up, No manual and no support,

The link is no longer active.  Craigslist removed it.  I've got a Seaga at my local police station I have been pouring money and time into for 2 weeks now.  I can't get the stupid thing to turn the compressor deck on.  Its a combo machine, I've replaced everything, even the compressor itself.  The deck even comes on in relay test mode, but WILL NOT come on in sales mode.  I'm ready to go after the control board next, but the PD is considering having my haul the thing to the nearest dump, and buying a refurbished AP LCM combo I have sitting instead.  I hate combos to start with, but a SEAGA combo!! 

We need to have pinned topics on the top of all the pages in this forum, that say "Don't buy machines made by Seaga, Joffemar, Genesis, or USI."  That way, people don't have to browse past topics to find which machines NOT to buy. 

If somebody finds an active link or a picture of that new machine, please post it again.  I want to know what the latest manufacturing disaster looks like from Seaga, so I can warn my customers against it. 

The link is no longer active.  Craigslist removed it.  I've got a Seaga at my local police station I have been pouring money and time into for 2 weeks now.  I can't get the stupid thing to turn the compressor deck on.  Its a combo machine, I've replaced everything, even the compressor itself.  The deck even comes on in relay test mode, but WILL NOT come on in sales mode.  I'm ready to go after the control board next, but the PD is considering having my haul the thing to the nearest dump, and buying a refurbished AP LCM combo I have sitting instead.  I hate combos to start with, but a SEAGA combo!! 

We need to have pinned topics on the top of all the pages in this forum, that say "Don't buy machines made by Seaga, Joffemar, Genesis, or USI."  That way, people don't have to browse past topics to find which machines NOT to buy. 

If somebody finds an active link or a picture of that new machine, please post it again.  I want to know what the latest manufacturing disaster looks like from Seaga, so I can warn my customers against it. 

Alden, you of all people should have known to cut to chase and junk that POS before you wasted all that time and parts on it.  Shame on you  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Are you serious about throwing USI into the same bunch as the others? 

I agree with you regarding Seaga & Genesis.. I don't know enough about Joffemar to comment on the quality of there equipment but totally disagree with you if you are claiming that people should NOT buy USI equipment.

Lol!  I gave them that option before I started working on it of course.   :rolleyes:  Bottom line is, the Peace Officer's Association bought the machine brand new last year, and didn't want to junk it without trying to fix it first.  The compressor was seized up from the start, so I had hoped that replacing it would fix the problem.  I couldn't even test anything else until the compressor worked.  But, 6 hours of on location hours and $700 later (including good discounts I give to law enforcement on my time) the thing still doesn't run, and Seaga won't return half my calls. 

It bugs me that the PD didn't call me when they wanted a machine in the first place.  I'm literally 15 minutes down the street from them.  They "put it out to bid", and I'm not on the city vendor list, so I never even knew they wanted a machine. 

I agree with you regarding Seaga & Genesis.. I don't know enough about Joffemar to comment on the quality of there equipment but totally disagree with you if you are claiming that people should NOT buy USI equipment.

I'll admit that SOME of USI's equipment is "ok".  However, unless someone is totally strapped for cash and can't afford a better machine, they are not worth the potential headache in my mind.  Parts are exorbitantly expensive for those machines, few full line vending companies use them as the staple of their routes (if they use them at all), and they're just generally a cheaply made machine. 

I know that some people love them, or some of the models anyway.  That's okay I guess, I'm glad not everyone got burned on them.  I've worked on ones from almost every model series, never even used them in my route, and the personal experience that I gleaned from dealing with USI's "issues", brought me to the point where I am now where I do not feel like they are (generally) a good machine brand to buy.

I would leave it at this...  If you want to buy a USI, DO NOT buy ANYTHING with refrigeration in it, as most of the weirdest problems are with those machines.  Snack machines are easier to work on, and there are less parts there, making them cheaper to work on as well.

But seriously, is there anyone out there who has used a Dixie 501E and a USI soda of any model, that would choose the USI over the 501E if given the choice when buying?  And I mean from a mechanical and reliability standpoint, not a size, capacity, or versatility standpoint.

Lol!  I gave them that option before I started working on it of course.   :rolleyes:  Bottom line is, the Peace Officer's Association bought the machine brand new last year, and didn't want to junk it without trying to fix it first.  The compressor was seized up from the start, so I had hoped that replacing it would fix the problem.  I couldn't even test anything else until the compressor worked.  But, 6 hours of on location hours and $700 later (including good discounts I give to law enforcement on my time) the thing still doesn't run, and Seaga won't return half my calls. 

It bugs me that the PD didn't call me when they wanted a machine in the first place.  I'm literally 15 minutes down the street from them.  They "put it out to bid", and I'm not on the city vendor list, so I never even knew they wanted a machine. 

At least it wasn't the Moab or Steamboat Springs PD.

As far as I'm concerned they can ship you all the USI machines.  With any luck the garbage scow would sink before it got there   ;D  ;D

At least it wasn't the Moab or Steamboat Springs PD.

As far as I'm concerned they can ship you all the USI machines.  With any luck the garbage scow would sink before it got there   ;D  ;D

I was waiting for a comment like that from you..  ;D  ;D  

What else should I expect from someone who drinks Coors Light.. poor judge of beer & even worse judge of vending equipment  ;D  

I was waiting for a comment like that from you..  ;D  ;D  

What else should I expect from someone who drinks Coors Light.. poor judge of beer & even worse judge of vending equipment  ;D  

I'll give USI some credit - they mastered the art of building a crappy machine long before Crane and AP reached that milestone.

I'll give USI some credit - they mastered the art of building a crappy machine long before Crane and AP reached that milestone.

Do AP still make machines?  As for Crane.. I am sure I could break into a merchant with a can opener

Do AP still make machines?  As for Crane.. I am sure I could break into a merchant with a can opener

AP is now owned by Crane - I have a later model AP, Studio 1, made just before the buyout and it's a flimsy pile of crap much like all the USI machines and the new Cranes.  I doubt you'd need a can opener to defeat any of them.

Archived