Happy 7th Birthday TVF!

caserri

7 years ago at exactly 11am EST, TVF went online! I made post #1 at 11:12am and the rest is history. There have been a lot of great times, and a few not so good ones, but the overall experience has been a good one. I've personally made a lot of good friends along the way and I know many here have done the same.

I would like to thank everyone who had a hand in making this forum what it is. Current members as well as past.

Here's to another 7 years! In the mean time, allow me to take a trip down memory lane and check out what TVF looked like when we started...

post-1-0-18840500-1405771469_thumb.jpg

Here is a quick birthday fact...

It took us 2 days to get our 1st member. On July 21st, vendy joined TVF and became our very first CHARTER member.

A quick check of the login list below reveals that vendy still visits the forum today.

Quick flashback...

September 2008. TVF was featured in a Vending Times article a mere 14 months after launch. It was very nice to be recognized by the Times that early. Here's a link to read the article...

http://www.vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/1961-VENDiscuss-appears-in-The-Vending-Times!

Does anyone have any memorable moments about their time here that they'd like to share?

Flashback #3 - January 1, 2011.

We started 2011 off with a bang by converting the entire forum from one software provider to our current provider. I spent months gearing up for this change and even put together a group of volunteers to help beta test.

The weeks following the conversion were quite stressful. Everyone, including myself, found themselves trying to re-learn the forum. The following flashback is one that I won't forget...

http://www.vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/8021-the-new-forum/

Congratulations Steve, on a job well done.  This is still the best forum I've ever seen for vending and, as my wife keeps reminding me, I spend way too much time on it.  Keep up the good work as it has been so very useful to members new and old.  I can't even imagine how much money this forum has saved it's members in preventing major cash boondoggles by new vendors.  I look forward to being a member for a long time!

AZ, It's funny you mention your wife. I think the objections of wives has been the biggest compliant ever on this site. Mine included. She even threatened to start a forum of her own called "The TVF Widows Club". :unsure:

AZ, It's funny you mention your wife. I think the objections of wives has been the biggest compliant ever on this site. Mine included. She even threatened to start a forum of her own called "The TVF Widows Club". :unsure:

lmao - that is funny

Things have been crazy busy for me.

Glad this place made it to 7 years. This place was quite helpful to me, and a great source of information.

Soon we will celebrate 10, 25, then 50 years.

Now where's the booze?

Thanks for hanging in there Steve. Quite an accomplishment! Hard to believe I've been here almost 5 years. My business is thriving now. In fact, my full time job is starting to get in the way. I coundn't have done it without TVF.

BTW, where did you get the avatar of willvend and that kid smoking?

My wife's famous words "are you still on Vendiscuss".

Congratulations ! I love this site and check in at least 5 tines a day . heres to seven more years (maybe b then i'll have this vending thingy figured out)!

Glad to have the site. Back when we first started the internet was brand new. There was no information source. When we first got toys I looked at displays in the machines at the market wrote down the maker and called to order toys. Things are much better now and TVF is a great source.

Archived