Vehicle advertising

maestro489

It's always a matter of vendor discretion.  Many feel that they don't want to advertise so that no one suspects that there is money in the vehicle.  In reality there are few vending robberies and as long as you use a drop safe in the truck the cash will be safe and you can advertise all you want.

The thought ran through my head a couple of times to sell the space on the sides and rear of my trailer as advertising space for other businesses such as some of my accounts....mobile billboard driving all over town.  Never did follow through on it.  :blink:

I advertise on both my route van and my isuzu flat bad. Any future route vehicles will also have matching branding. I have decals for two reasons. The first is because imo it looks more professional.If im parked in some ones loading dock which I often am, I want them to know its me. Also,  The second reason is for professionalism, the vans match my brochures, business card, machine service sticker ect, (and soon to be website). Here in AZ the 2 largest vending companies have the majority of the fleet wrapped. As far as the safety thing goes, you just have to be smart about where you park and watching whats going on around. I also use a drop safe.

IMG 4735

The thought ran through my head a couple of times to sell the space on the sides and rear of my trailer as advertising space for other businesses such as some of my accounts....mobile billboard driving all over town. Never did follow through on it. :blink:

I advertise my friend's car wash in exchange for free car washes on all my vehicles because I'm cheap like that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I advertise my friend's car wash in exchange for free car washes on all my vehicles because I'm cheap like that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get free car washes because I fixed their vending machine that vends car care products to customers.

Car wash owner was thrilled, machine has not worked in three months!

One of those suckers built into a wall.

cajun 

The name on the truck is not so much for advertising as it is to identify the truck. All TWIC accounts require the company name. Also, at most hospitals, schools, and other businesses it allows you to ignore no parking zones as long as you are not obstructing.

Two of our trucks have be robbed in the past 8 or 10 years. Both have had doors down and locked, and we use drop safes. While driver was inside the account, the locks on the door and safe were cut and money gone. We don't have advertising on our trucks. So you really never know. People are desperate now a days

Do you have problems with exploded sodas while driving your upside down truck? ☺

lol AZ. It doesnt explode any more then the amount I drop . ;)

Can you pm me your number and office. I have some things coming up that I would like to see if you can do repair.

The name on the truck is not so much for advertising as it is to identify the truck. All TWIC accounts require the company name. Also, at most hospitals, schools, and other businesses it allows you to ignore no parking zones as long as you are not obstructing.

exactly what I mean.

I was doing ot and stopped. Even my warehouse says nothing. My buddy whos in vending also stopped. The big competitor here started following him around and going after their accounts. I agree its nice and all but all it takes is one company to follow u and offer more comission or etc and ur out. The way i see it is it could do more harm than well.

I was doing ot and stopped. Even my warehouse says nothing. My buddy whos in vending also stopped. The big competitor here started following him around and going after their accounts. I agree its nice and all but all it takes is one company to follow u and offer more comission or etc and ur out. The way i see it is it could do more harm than well.

I see the possibility of this but for most of my accounts this would not happen. I sell my self along with my vending service. I have yet to loose an account to a higher commission offering because the accounts know me personally, I am not just some route driver. I interact with them, also on the first of every month most of my larger accounts will receive krispy creams from us. My largest account has told me on multiple occasions that other vendors have tried to undercut my prices, every time the manager tells them they are happy. I guess my point is, if you take the time to know the people at accounts and are responsive to any complaints, and dont let your machines go empty ect, you will retain a lot of customers.

Phx1 thats great, i too have good relationships with them, however you must have tour guard up, unless you have brand new equipment and every selection available to them, lowest pricing, no jams ever, perfect service schedule then ill still have my guard up. Someone can just easily offer cofee or 3 flavors of monster vs 1 etc, most places do tell us but some places wont and may just swap over

I like the Krispy Kreme's idea that you use PHX1.

Knock on wood I haven't been undercut yet.

I also thought to myself about the advertising via our industry...its rare to see.

Now I see the Pros and Cons behind it.

Once I can afford a budget to get a cargo van and a box truck I am definitely putting my Branding on it.

I will take the good with the bad.

Archived