RIP Dixie Narco

orsd

Dixie Narco is now no more.

Their website now points to the Crane Website, and there is no mention of Dixie Narco anywhere on their site.

It was a good run, with some pretty damn solid and legendary equipment.

You will be missed.

Crane has f$cked this business up more than any other company ever has, except maybe Best Vendors.  No..... Crane is the worst.  With all the other businesses Crane owns I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually decide to just pull the plug on all the vending, way down the road of course, and leave everyone high and dry with no factory support thereafter.  It would be just as Crane runs it now, non-caring to the end.

as far as I know, Dixie was bought out by Crane. My conclusions were right this whole time about the so called "top of the line machines" they are not! they are expensive, break often and are a pain to operate, god forbit if one line is empty, nothing else will vend! wtf? I like my USI and Chinese machines, they are cheap, dependable, easy to repair, and replace if needed, just bought one yesterday, its only 15 years old, cools like new, and works great! for $150 who's going to complain? 1 fill and I got my cash, so what if its old, its works, and parts are easy to find and theres tech support for it, yes, tech support for a 15yr old machine! try crane, see what they tell you!

There is no B series 501. If it is no longer vending with one selection sold out there is something wrong with the machine.

My personal experience with DN's has been very good, excellent equipment, and most E series parts are still factory avaliable.

There is a reason that Pepsi and 7UP are still using 501E's and that Coke and Pepsi buy DN Bevmaxes for most of their glass fronts.

2 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

I have a Dixie 501B, if one line is empty, it wont even take a bill in

I assume you mean 501E, and all 501 models are designed to keep working until ALL selections are sold out.  As orsd said, something is wrong with your machine.  The 501E is one of the most common machines out there, and that is for a reason.

49 minutes ago, MVS said:

So now who has the best machines available after DN's demise?

Equipment wise, not much has changed. DN quit making stack vendors a while back, and Crane is carrying on their glassfronts, which are still the best.

For stack vendors, Royal or Vendo.

Archived