Shelving machines

TKK

So i got a steal on one of these brand new for $1400

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Crown-20MT-Walkie-Stacker-90-lift-mass-2000-lb-Capacity/162876329249?hash=item25ec2f8d21:g:OE0AAOSwe6Zab2ji

I wanna get those pallet shelves, and stack snack machines ontop and the drink ones on the bottom. Would help me with space in the warehouse. Has anyone used these? What do u guys put in the legs to stabalize on the shelves?

32 minutes ago, TKK said:

So i got a steal on one of these brand new for $1400

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Crown-20MT-Walkie-Stacker-90-lift-mass-2000-lb-Capacity/162876329249?hash=item25ec2f8d21:g:OE0AAOSwe6Zab2ji

I wanna get those pallet shelves, and stack snack machines ontop and the drink ones on the bottom. Would help me with space in the warehouse. Has anyone used these? What do u guys put in the legs to stabalize on the shelves?

You could use 4x4 lumber or pallets.

Also, soda machines can be stacked directly on top of each other. This is how a lot of pro refurbishers, including Dixie Narco and Royal, store equipment.

Also, even though you have that, you would be much happier flipping it for a profit and using the money to buy a decent forklift. The front stabilizing legs will be constantly getting in the way. A regular counterweight forklift is so much better. Plus you can unload trucks at a reasonable pace with a regular forklift, saves you the cost of liftgate service.

Wouldnt they move off the pallets? How do people get the drink machines into a pallet? Seems like alot of work tilting it and shoving a pallet under it. 

If you are doing the shelf thing the snacks go onto pallets.

If you are stacking sodas on each other then you would use 4x4 lumber on top of the bottom machine to rest the top one onto.

And this brings me to the third reason a full size forklift is better: the fork width is adjustable. Meaning you can make the fork width narrow enough to go between the legs of a snack machine or between the 4x4s that you put soda machines on top of.

That "device" is too dangerous to use with heavy machines.  A forklift is the only way to go.  My entire warehouse was double stacked.  Snacks sit on top of snacks the 2x6's to spread the legs out if needed.  Sodas are stacked on sodas with 4x4's as mentioned.  

Do you guys screw the woods under the machines? Or just slide them under there? These forks are adjustable, honestly it is alot stronger than it looks. It weights like 2000lbs itself, and is rated for 2k lbs and extends about 14 feet high, i didnt want a forklift because of the size of them. So those pallet racks are heavy duty enough? 

Im wondering how to put 2x6s under the legs

I have always stacked cold food machines or lighter snacks on top of cold food machines. The legs on food machines line up with the edges of the same model cabinets without cabinet damage.  You wouldn't believe how many machines I have always stacked and never damaged one.  I probably had 100 machines on top of others.

I used my Dutro to set the machine on the 4x4s from the front of the wood.  It's a heavy machine to stand up that way but it's the only way to do it.  If you tip a machine and get one side onto a block you'll never be able to tip the other side up to put the other block under it.  The center of gravity shifts to that side and only He-Man can then tip it.

Yeah its like even the ones i have that strap on the sides and lift the machine, its a pita. Once you place one trying to tilt the other side is hard

Archived