Credit card readers on hvv

Joe101us

4 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

I've seen a kit from d & s vending, but its for the button, you have 12 buttons, 10 selections, just change the section buttons

I only have 6 buttons and 6 columns 

20 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

You could use an MEI 4 in 1 bezel...

I brought this up in a different post and apparently some (or all) hvv models don't have enough clearance to swipe the card with a card reader mask.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:32 PM, AngryChris said:

I brought this up in a different post and apparently some (or all) hvv models don't have enough clearance to swipe the card with a card reader mask.

I inquired with Parlevel about their telemeters working with the 4in1, to make a complete unit, but I don't think they understood what I was talking about.

23 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

I inquired with Parlevel about their telemeters working with the 4in1, to make a complete unit, but I don't think they understood what I was talking about.

Parlevel will not work with the 4 in 1.  USAT works well and sells new bezels as an option.  Nayax will work with the card swipe portion but not the "tap" proximity reader....

I don't know about ANY mars validator. Rather, any mars with a model number that ends in 2 (ie. 2402, 2512, 2632, 2712, etc..)

You also need the 4-in-1 adapter cable and power supply, and an mei mdb harness (which works with a mars that ends in a 2).

The last digit of the model number indicates voltage - 2=24 volts, 1=120 volts.

The mask does not wire into the validator at all (which is why you need the power supply) so the voltage of the validator does not matter.  MEI supplies different masks for snack and drink machine setups, but the cashless bezel can replace them both.  In theory you might need a shim on some machines but I have not run across that issue myself.

39 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

The last digit of the model number indicates voltage - 2=24 volts, 1=120 volts.

The mask does not wire into the validator at all (which is why you need the power supply) so the voltage of the validator does not matter.  MEI supplies different masks for snack and drink machine setups, but the cashless bezel can replace them both.  In theory you might need a shim on some machines but I have not run across that issue myself.

Interesting point. However, if it's a drink machine, and he's trying to connect an MDB card reader, then everything needs to be MDB.

30 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Interesting point. However, if it's a drink machine, and he's trying to connect an MDB card reader, then everything needs to be MDB.

By the way I have a 501E that has a Dumb mech and a 2511 acceptor that my credit card reader works on 

4 hours ago, AngryChris said:

True that, I know some devices can be hard wired to non-MDB machines in some limited cases, but why would you want to?   If he is saying the card reader already works somehow and he just needs to change the card swipe to the validator it might work, but I am having a hard time visualizing the setup....  If it's an S II D board I guess it could be a dumb mech or an MDB, but since both would plug to the same port on the board it could not be both at once, could it?  I am now officially confused.... (as opposed to my usual unofficial confusion)

A Side note.... the power supply adaptor draws it's power from the telemeter, which draws it's power from the MDB, so....

43 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

True that, I know some devices can be hard wired to non-MDB machines in some limited cases, but why would you want to?   If he is saying the card reader already works somehow and he just needs to change the card swipe to the validator it might work, but I am having a hard time visualizing the setup....  If it's an S II D board I guess it could be a dumb mech or an MDB, but since both would plug to the same port on the board it could not be both at once, could it?  I am now officially confused.... (as opposed to my usual unofficial confusion)

A Side note.... the power supply adaptor draws it's power from the telemeter, which draws it's power from the MDB, so....

The SIID boards have separate connections for MDB and 110v devices.

Also you can mix and match MDB and 110v on Inone boards.

5 hours ago, Joe101us said:

By the way I have a 501E that has a Dumb mech and a 2511 acceptor that my credit card reader works on 

I had a 501E that had an MDB mech hooked up while a 2511 was also hooked up.  People swear i made that up but it's a fact.  However, the general "rule" for most machines is that it's all MDB or it's all logic/dumb.  There's no sense in confusing anyone on technicalities.  Plus, i think the issue arrises when mixing mdb/logic in that the machine might get confused if there's a credit on one protocol and some sort of transaction is going on with the other.  It's all over my head.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Corvus Corax said:

Doesn't the Telemeter kit from USAT come with a power supply for the 4in1 CC mask?

If you order the mask as part of the telemeter kit everything is included, otherwise the power supply and cable adapter are extra.  They can be ordered off the USAT parts website.

Archived