Can I Put a Bill Validator and Card Reader on this machine?

Much too old.  There were fairly simple upgrades made for this generation of machines to add bill validators when those became common; but card readers require a much more modern system using a control board with compatible firmware and MDB protocol.  No one makes a package upgrade for these old machines and DIY would basically require building a new machine from scratch inside the old shell if could even be done...

If you want a card reader then obviously it's not going in your man cave.  Look around and invest in a used DN 501E or Royal 650 with MDB and up to date firmware.  You will be much better off in time, cost, and reliability. 

• Thanks 1

When that thing was built we were listening to music on 8-track tape players.  So you gotta look at it like, if I had an 8-track tape player could I hook it up to my PC and listen to music. Maybe someone could but not likely. 

10 minutes ago, Randymire said:

You can put a bill validation in this machine with some modifications but not a card reader. 

What kind of modifications would I have to do? I bought this machine for $200 so any modifications that would cost more than the machine probably wouldnt be very smart im guessing.

You would need a compatible coin mech. And a bill validator, with harness.

Ths will likely cost upwards of 100. For the credit card reader you will need an MDB converter which will be 2-300. Then the reader itself. And a whole new validator and coin mech, as your current one isn't MDB. Just the mech, validator, and converter will be around 4-500, which is what you can get a Dixie Narco 501E for. This machine is much newer and directly supports credit card readers (you might need a 20 dollar software update and a harness, but that's it). Also, it holds alot more product and is generally better.

Resell it for $200 and be done with it.  The L-handle shows it to be a Vendo and it's very possible, since it has an L-handle, that it's a lowering shelf machine and is junk.  If you decide to keep it and keep it single price then you can try Capital Vending or Vendtronics Phoenix for the bracket that replaced the POS (Point of Sale) window with a validator but it's definitely NOT worth making it MDB.

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Resell it for $200 and be done with it.  The L-handle shows it to be a Vendo and it's very possible, since it has an L-handle, that it's a lowering shelf machine and is junk.  If you decide to keep it and keep it single price then you can try Capital Vending or Vendtronics Phoenix for the bracket that replaced the POS (Point of Sale) window with a validator but it's definitely NOT worth making it MDB.

I'm going to be putting this machine in a complex which has 3 doctors offices. It will be the only vending machine they have in the building. In your honest opinion do you think it's worth to keep it at that location for a few months and purchase a bill validator for it and resell it later, or should I just resell it and purchase a newer machine with a card reader.

16 hours ago, NewToVending1 said:

What kind of modifications would I have to do? I bought this machine for $200 so any modifications that would cost more than the machine probably wouldnt be very smart im guessing.

The card reader and telemeter just to go cashless alone would cost more than the machine did.  You prob did OK buying it at 200.00 though if everything works.  Could maybe try and sell it for a little bit of a profit.

You could get a converter box from SEM in Canada for around $300. Then You'll need a MDB bill acceptor & changer which will be $125-$300 each, Then you'll need the card reader kit for an additional................yep, $300. Go for it!  Spend $900 on a machine that I sell for $50 when I pick them up from location. This is America!

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.j

• Like 1