Jump to content
putrevus

Bill Validator issue AP LCM

Recommended Posts

Hello All,

 

Hope you are all safe and doing well.

 

I have a AP LCM snack machine, bill are getting stuck intermittently. I changed three validators but same thing is happening. What could be wrong.

 

Thanks for all your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How is it stuck?

Is it getting jammed?

Is it going halfway in and then is stick half hanging out? 

Or is it pulled in completely but not getting stacked after a sale is made?

 

Edited by orsd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What brand of validator and who is rebuilding them for you?  Are you using the same bill stacker on each of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

What brand of validator and who is rebuilding them for you?  Are you using the same bill stacker on each of them?

VN 2502 and Betson . No using different stacker.I am just swapping the validators.They are getting stuck half way thru or sometime they are just lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, orsd said:

How is it stuck?

Is it getting jammed?

Is it going halfway in and then is stick half hanging out? 

Or is it pulled in completely but not getting stacked after a sale is made?

 

It is getting jammed. Validator stops working after that  until jam is cleared and machine is restarted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

press mode button

press "E" (display will show  "optn")

press "A" until 'Yes" {forced vend}

press "B" until "No" {escrow bill}

press mode button to exit

Thank me later. myZth4Q.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, lacanteen said:

press mode button

press "E" (display will show  "optn")

press "A" until 'Yes" {forced vend}

press "B" until "No" {escrow bill}

press mode button to exit

Thank me later. myZth4Q.gif

Thank you for your help. I did exactly as you suggested but it still get jammed, Do I need to replace the control board also.When I press red button , it is showing 45.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the bill acceptor. Can you make a bill jam or does it happen when you're away? A picture of the jam might also help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

It's the bill acceptor. Can you make a bill jam or does it happen when you're away? A picture of the jam might also help. 

thank you, here is the picture.This happening to three different validators. It is happening only when I am away. How do I bill jam on purpose.

IMG_4645.jpg

Edited by putrevus
add something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very unusual. Remove the lower bill path by raising that silver rod and pulling out the unit. Put your finger on the upper bill path drive wheels, the wheel or "tire" should feel somewhat sticky, not smooth. Those 2 wheels are what actually runs the bill both direction. Make sure upper and lower bill path is smooth, especially the ribbed curved section. Also, look at the jammed bill. Is the edge that we can't see damaged in any way? That would indicate that someone is trying to "string" the bill.

The initial programming I provided should make the acceptor stack every bill before a selection is made. It should only escrow a bill if nickles or quarters are low. I just can't imagine a board is causing that. See if you can get that same bill to jam again. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Very unusual. Remove the lower bill path by raising that silver rod and pulling out the unit. Put your finger on the upper bill path drive wheels, the wheel or "tire" should feel somewhat sticky, not smooth. Those 2 wheels are what actually runs the bill both direction. Make sure upper and lower bill path is smooth, especially the ribbed curved section. Also, look at the jammed bill. Is the edge that we can't see damaged in any way? That would indicate that someone is trying to "string" the bill.

The initial programming I provided should make the acceptor stack every bill before a selection is made. It should only escrow a bill if nickles or quarters are low. I just can't imagine a board is causing that. See if you can get that same bill to jam again. 

Thank you again for your help. I will try it .When I press that red button, it showed number 45, does it mean anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 is your motor count

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, lacanteen said:

Very unusual. Remove the lower bill path by raising that silver rod and pulling out the unit. Put your finger on the upper bill path drive wheels, the wheel or "tire" should feel somewhat sticky, not smooth. Those 2 wheels are what actually runs the bill both direction. Make sure upper and lower bill path is smooth, especially the ribbed curved section. Also, look at the jammed bill. Is the edge that we can't see damaged in any way? That would indicate that someone is trying to "string" the bill.

The initial programming I provided should make the acceptor stack every bill before a selection is made. It should only escrow a bill if nickles or quarters are low. I just can't imagine a board is causing that. See if you can get that same bill to jam again. 

Thanks in advance for your help. This machine is still giving the same problem, I changed three validators and they all are having same problem.Other than this machine vends everything but this is giving nightmares.

 

 

Normally  when bill is jammed, machine starts working jammed is cleared.This machine will not work  until it is restarted, 

I tried to to vend with the same bill which was jammed after removing the jam it accepted the bill.

 

I really appreciate your help.

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could send you a board and see what happens. If it works you can send a donation to TVF in my honor. PM me your shipping info including phone or email me:

gbruss<at>mmsalescompany<dot>com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

I could send you a board and see what happens. If it works you can send a donation to TVF in my honor. PM me your shipping info including phone or email me:

gbruss<at>mmsalescompany<dot>com

I do have two boards which I got from you only  but did not know how to change them.Will that cover come off once I remove harnesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cover is held on by 1 phillips screw on the top. Then just slide the cover vertical a bit and it lifts off. The board is then on 4 plastic standoffs. Very simple. And yes, unplug harnesses first. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

The cover is held on by 1 phillips screw on the top. Then just slide the cover vertical a bit and it lifts off. The board is then on 4 plastic standoffs. Very simple. And yes, unplug harnesses first. 

Thank you again for your help. I will try it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's one of the easiest boards to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lacanteen said:

The cover is held on by 1 phillips screw on the top. Then just slide the cover vertical a bit and it lifts off. The board is then on 4 plastic standoffs. Very simple. And yes, unplug harnesses first. 

Thank you for your help, I am unable to take the plastic standoff. How to do it.

DAE09BE5-5F7E-4085-A4AF-002C2D417385.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a little tab in the middle of the standoff. Pinch the tab and push it into the body of the standoff while gently pulling on the board.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the triangle on the right side of this pic? The board is in the small space under it. Press on that triangle then lift the corner of the board to slip past it. 

PuYlBlj.jpg?1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, orsd said:

There’s a little tab in the middle of the standoff. Pinch the tab and push it into the body of the standoff while gently pulling on the board.

Thanks I got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

See the triangle on the right side of this pic? The board is in the small space under it. Press on that triangle then lift the corner of the board to slip past it. 

PuYlBlj.jpg?1

thank you again for all your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blind much? Tool lost much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 11:04 AM, lacanteen said:

I could send you a board and see what happens. If it works you can send a donation to TVF in my honor. PM me your shipping info including phone or email me:

gbruss<at>mmsalescompany<dot>com

I did change the board and it is still happening. I also did this

press mode button

press "E" (display will show  "optn")

press "A" until 'Yes" {forced vend}

press "B" until "No" {escrow bill}

press mode button to exit

 

 

The only difference is now when I press the mode button, it is showing 40 instead of 45. Should I change coin mech also?

 

Thanks again for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...