Price per case you pay

Hi everybody im getting to the point where im needing to start ordering mainly from bottlers. My local sams has cut lots of drinks i sell and their inventory is so unreliable its become a joke. What do you pay per case of 12 oz cans and 20 oz bottles from your bottlers and will they negotiate pricing with you by volume you sell? I appreciate the input!

Edited by Zachsea

Volume I’m sure makes a difference. I think cans for me are .41 and 20 oz bottles are .91. High compared to Sam’s on cans.  I only order minimal because they are high. Honestly have never tried to negotiate. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a 3rd party vendor for coke and DP , prices are according to volume, the more you the the price goes down . 
  Of course they deliver to you and this saves time which is money. There are minimum purchase requirements to get free delivery but it’s not hard to meet these requirements by mainly filling your machines with these products. 

If you are small enough that you are still purchasing your pop from Sam's Club, then "negotiating" prices with the bottlers is not going to happen.  They do have "slightly" better price brackets for increased volume and rebate programs that you could possibly qualify to participate, but unless you are doing SUBSTANTIAL volume, like a Canteen franchise (several pallets of product weekly), you will not be negotiating anything.  They will tell you what your price is and that will be that.  Don't expect some great pricing either.

• Like 1

Since I use a lot of bottler machines, they have pricing programs that go along with that, including quotas.  Since you don't have bottler machines yet, your pricing may be different.  Volume is key, coke in my area has 4 levels of discount based on volume for what they call "full line operators", vendors that use their drink machines but also offer other products in other machines.  You start out at the bottom and work your way into better pricing.  Delivery is a big time saver so that offsets some of the extra cost.  All of my suppliers are willing to deliver by "key drop"; that is, they have a door code to access part of my warehouse and will leave the product inside.  I leave a check for them to pick up at the same time, so I don't need to be there when they deliver.

From what I have learned, you can run partially off of Sam's club for quite a while.  I'd say up to $1 million/year if you are full of energy.  The margins are so much better on certain core products.  You can save tens of thousands of dollars by doing that, but the cost is a LOT of labor.  I've done the math and it can be worth it to pay an employee to pick up orders and bring them back to stock shelves in the warehouse.

• Thanks 1

Just spoke to my coke rep. With the volume we were already moving from sams and walmart we qualified for the gold status pricing. With reciepts provided that we saved from sams they were confident to skip bronze and go to gold.👍thank yall for your input!

Edited by Zachsea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zachsea said:

Just spoke to my coke rep. With the volume we were already moving from sams and walmart we qualified for the gold status pricing. With reciepts provided that we saved from sams they were confident to skip bronze and go to gold.👍thank yall for your input!

You got to actually talk to your Coke rep???  WOW!!  I can't get mine to call me back...ever!!!  I don't even know who it is now.  They won't tell me when I call in an order.  

When they "forget" to deliver my product I call them back and I am ALWAYS told that my rep will call me.  Since our bottler changed hands a few years ago I haven't been able to talk to a rep at all.

The old bottler was great, but the new one that bought it is terrible.

31 minutes ago, edward said:

You got to actually talk to your Coke rep???  WOW!!  I can't get mine to call me back...ever!!!  I don't even know who it is now.  They won't tell me when I call in an order.  

When they "forget" to deliver my product I call them back and I am ALWAYS told that my rep will call me.  Since our bottler changed hands a few years ago I haven't been able to talk to a rep at all.

The old bottler was great, but the new one that bought it is terrible.

Believe it or not my coke rep is 10/10. Cant say the same though for my pepsi rep so i know what you mean. 

I have good experiences with Coke people in general, but they have had so much staff reduction since the new bottler here took over, I have not met a rep face to face in about 2 years... never met my current rep, we email and text when needed and I do online ordering...

I haven't met my Pepsi rep ever and our Coke rep I haven't met since it was changed  Several years ago.  Pepsi never returns calls or comes through on requests. 

The crazy thing is we do a lot of volume. We order at least 2 or 3 pallets from each of the three major bottlers every 2 weeks.

That isn't high volume for a bottler.  We used to buy full truckloads monthly from Coke (28 pallets best deal and more when it was on sale like before a holiday) and 1/2 loads from Pepsi (best deal) and that would be more meaningful to a bottler.  Your idea of high volume and their idea are 2 different things though it probably still wouldn't matter to a rep if you bought a semi load or not.

Edited by AZVendor