New to vending, questions on what vending machine I should get

Hello! I’m new to the business and am looking to purchase my first machine. I’m having a hard time trying to find the best brands to look for. I’ve come to an understanding that it may be best to purchase a Bevmax as to it being the best machine out there but the price seems to be a bit too much. I was thinking that the next brand down would be royal vending and I’m not opposed to that. I’m just trying to weigh my options a little bit. I’m still doing my research to find what would be best for me but I’d love some help along the way. Any info is extremely appreciated!

If you're new to the business then don't buy anything other than can vendors until you get some experience.  Anything else will lead to slim to none profits as you learn to the point of having a clue.

• Like 1

First get the account, then get machines to best serve the location.  Lots of good used stack machines out there, stick to MDB and card capable.  If a location can justify a glassfront, you might have trouble finding a good used unit without going to a refurbisher.  New machines are really expensive especially for a startup vendor. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 1:56 AM, AZVendor said:

If you're new to the business then don't buy anything other than can vendors until you get some experience.  Anything else will lead to slim to none profits as you learn to the point of having a clue.

Thanks! My question to that then would be for any advice on the particular can machine to purchase then? I haven’t looked too far into these because I’ve been solely researching glass fronts due to the info I got that glass fronts are most profitable. Also, would you be able to explain to me why it would be more beneficial to start with cans rather than bottles? Thanks so much AZ, this info is definitely needed!

On 6/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, tblake05 said:

Seaga and genesis are best..... NOT!

90% of my machines are wittern/seletivend. Which have served me well and I know them and there quirks.

AZ has solid advice, but stay away from can serpentine style as it limits you.

anything you get, I’d say make sure it’s USA based company, stacker style, and fully MDB compatible.

Thank you! So based on the glass front you stated. Could I get some info on some reliable sources to purchase one? I’m not too concerned with price atm. So a reliable seller for refurbished ones is of great help, even for new ones is fine with me. Thanks again!

Cans will generally have a longer use by date on them, when compared to bottles. So that gives you a little more margin for error when starting out; for example filling your machine right up and then finding out certain flavours don't sell very well or at all. A longer shelf life gives you more time to sell that product or move it into another machine where it will sell.

• Like 1

What's your source that says glass fronts are the most profitable?  They do, usually, give you higher sales than a traditional stack vendor which will yield higher profits in that sense, but they can be much harder to repair and they cost way more.  Unless you are jumping in and going into the big accounts right away, you want to buy refurbished stack vendors.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

What's your source that says glass fronts are the most profitable?  They do, usually, give you higher sales than a traditional stack vendor which will yield higher profits in that sense, but they can be much harder to repair and they cost way more.  Unless you are jumping in and going into the big accounts right away, you want to buy refurbished stack vendors.

My only source rn is just googling multiple different articles. So I took into account repairs and that’s why I was looking into Bevmax 4. It seems the most reliable. Price isn’t too much of a concern to me atm and I don’t mind taking out a loan due to this being a side hustle and all my expenses are paid off due to my primary job. 

29 minutes ago, BenFire said:

Cans will generally have a longer use by date on them, when compared to bottles. So that gives you a little more margin for error when starting out; for example filling your machine right up and then finding out certain flavours don't sell very well or at all. A longer shelf life gives you more time to sell that product or move it into another machine where it will sell.

Huge help! Thanks Ben!

The bevmax is the most reliable glass front, but definitely not the most reliable soda machine.  I have had one for years and a single sensor, motor, or a number of other things can render the machine useless until it's fixed.  Some repairs are very difficult even for people that have lots of experience on other machines.  It's not that bad but I want you to understand that glass fronts are not usually as reliable as stack vendors. 

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

The bevmax is the most reliable glass front, but definitely not the most reliable soda machine.  I have had one for years and a single sensor, motor, or a number of other things can render the machine useless until it's fixed.  Some repairs are very difficult even for people that have lots of experience on other machines.  It's not that bad but I want you to understand that glass fronts are not usually as reliable as stack vendors. 

Ah got it. What brand would you recommend for a stack?

I have a Dixie Narco 276e and I really like it (Smaller in size and capacity than the 501e).

Check out this video for a comprehensive look at bottles versus cans:

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 10:23 PM, Southeast Treats said:

First get the account, then get machines to best serve the location.  Lots of good used stack machines out there, stick to MDB and card capable.  If a location can justify a glassfront, you might have trouble finding a good used unit without going to a refurbisher.  New machines are really expensive especially for a startup vendor. 

Thank you! So based on the glass front you stated. Could I get some info on some reliable sources to purchase one? I’m not too concerned with price atm. So a reliable seller for refurbished ones is of great help, even for new ones is fine with me. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, BenFire said:

I have a Dixie Narco 276e and I really like it (Smaller in size and capacity than the 501e).

Check out this video for a comprehensive look at bottles versus cans:

This video was crazy helpful! Thanks bro! Ima look into doing both, if not, cans it is

If you serious about getting into vending, I would definitely recommend watching all of the Happy Vending videos.

I have learnt loads from watching them, really helpful.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BenFire said:

If you serious about getting into vending, I would definitely recommend watching all of the Happy Vending videos.

Will do! Thanks!

I don’t know if I would jump into a glass front....

you can find reliable stackers for sale on Craigslist for a great price.

maybe start there and let the profit (or lack there of) help you decide to branch out and get another machine... maybe a glass front.

it’s not as easy as most think in the vending biz. And it’s even my side hustle too.

if your hell bent on a glass front, should check into a vendo vue ;)

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, BenFire said:

Thank you for shouting out my channel!  Don't forget to like and subscribe!  :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

Thank you for shouting out my channel!  Don't forget to like and subscribe!  :)

The man the myth the legend himself! I have been watching your videos since Ben has told me and yes they’re extremely helpful. Thanks for making your videos and I’m subscribed too! Got to show my appreciation!