Vendo 621 Credit Card reader install.. Help Needed

keith106

I installed a Nayax VPOS touch, but it continues to read “cash only” I called Nayax and confirmed with them all setup is completed and the device is active on there end. I’ve installed over 20 card readers on my machines and never had this issue. Nayax is saying there may be a setting that needs to be turned on to allow cashless payments. Anyone ever heard of this on this machine? Any help is appreciate. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, tc vending said:

The vendo 12.1 version needs an update eprom v35 is the latest version I believe easy to change. There are other versions look at your board the newest is a 12.4 board.

Good morning and happy Friday...

I just wanted to clarify that the 12.1, 12.4 are not firmware revisions they are identifiers of which door is on the machine.  These are the two basic doors found on Trade machines.

12.1 is the old trade door with a red 7-segment LED display.  12.1 board's latest firmware is Rev 35 ( as mentioned by TC )  _ These doors went out of production a couple of years ago replaced by Chameleon.

12.4 is the chameleon door with the blue VFD display.  Latest firmware for those boards is Rev 44.

• 6 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, Vendo Mike said:

Good morning and happy Friday...

I just wanted to clarify that the 12.1, 12.4 are not firmware revisions they are identifiers of which door is on the machine.  These are the two basic doors found on Trade machines.

12.1 is the old trade door with a red 7-segment LED display.  12.1 board's latest firmware is Rev 35 ( as mentioned by TC )  _ These doors went out of production a couple of years ago replaced by Chameleon.

12.4 is the chameleon door with the blue VFD display.  Latest firmware for those boards is Rev 44.

Good Morning, Mike!

I am having the same issue with my 721 and ordered a 12.4 Rev 44 EPROM from Vendo.  It has arrived and now I need to install it.  Is installation as straight-forward as unplugging the machine and 'popping' the old one out with a pick and plugging the new EPROM into the board?  Is there anything else I need to know in trying to get my Nayax VPOS Touch to work with my machine?

Many thanks,

Bryce Priggemeier

Sunlounger Enterprises LLC

Make sure the new EPROM is oriented in the same direction as the old.  There is a dent or dimple on the chip that indicates Pin 1.  This needs to be oriented to match the indicator mark on the socket.  Aside from that, there should be nothing else needed on the machine side.  Some telemeters need ( and generally come with ) a shielded cable that may be needed.