Is the Royal 650-10 Live display a good machine?

OVend

Hi guys

I am considering purchasing this machine, it is a Royal model RVDVE-650-10. I have never owned a Royal machine before, just looking for opinions on it. Is it reliable? Easy to configure / work on? Can anyone confirm if this machine will work with card reader reports and pick lists? Also what would you pay for this machine assuming good condition? Thanks in advance appreciate itimage.thumb.jpeg.806ab6c6d103d409930004d163634861.jpeg

4 hours ago, AngryChris said:

You really don't want people to see your face lol

Lol that was a pic from the guy selling it. I didn’t take this pic or see the machine in person yet hahah

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Georgia bulldog said:

I have 8 on location they work good I like it because if you run out of a drink selection and do not have that drink on the truck you can switch the selection without having to hunt for a label.The machine should vend 12 16 and 20 ounce drinks

Ok great thank you for the input that's helpful. Thats good that it can do 16oz because monster is a big seller for me. Do you have card readers on them? just want to make sure that it will recognize cash purchases as well so I can do inventory management on Nayax. thanks

1 hour ago, orsd said:

A Royal that new should almost certainly report cash sales through DEX to a Nayax.

ok great thank you. I thought so too but when I tried to research royal 650 on the forum I found some people who couldn't get cash reports. Must just be older ones then. 

1 hour ago, Southeast Treats said:

I like the Royal 650 and have several of them, just be aware that Royal is no longer producing machines.  So far I have not had any problems getting parts as they are pretty common.

That's a good point.  I will hold onto my royals but it feels like the clock is ticking a bit.

12 hours ago, OVend said:

ok great thank you. I thought so too but when I tried to research royal 650 on the forum I found some people who couldn't get cash reports. Must just be older ones then. 

The olde ones wouldn't report cash sales.  Those could be upgraded with new boards.  They are good machines for sure but you definitely want to know what board is in it if you need cash reports.

1 hour ago, Southeast Treats said:

I like the Royal 650 and have several of them, just be aware that Royal is no longer producing machines.  So far I have not had any problems getting parts as they are pretty common.

With the amount of Royals Coke owns I would not worry too much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, orsd said:

With the amount of Royals Coke owns I would not worry too much.

I think coke is single handedly keeping them afloat with part orders while also single handedly (even if inadvertently) being the cause of the stop in production.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I think coke is single handedly keeping them afloat with part orders while also single handedly (even if inadvertently) being the cause of the stop in production.

I don't think the glassfront RVV 500 helped them out much either.....

44 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

I don't think the glassfront RVV 500 helped them out much either.....

The first generation or the most recent?  I never operated the latest one but first one definitely had problems.  The bevmax did too but crane eventually sorted most of them out.  I think royal just got royally fu.. screwed by a series of unfortunate events.

• Like 1

Over reliance on a few clients and excellent machines means that once the major Coke bottlers started rebuilding machines extensively Royal was doomed. The old stuff being rebuilt was the same model as the new stuff, and could be updated to the new upgrades during a rebuild, leaving little to no incentive to buy new equipment.

• Like 1

I know this is off topic but why would anybody think it is a good idea to put a bicycle chain on a drink machine.Have anybody on this forum ever replaced a chain on a Royal machine you have lay on the slide  look up at the inside the machine hold a flashlight in your mouth And try to put the chain just right or it will not work right I am 60 years old and after replacing the chain I am ready to go to the house.

1 hour ago, Georgia bulldog said:

I know this is off topic but why would anybody think it is a good idea to put a bicycle chain on a drink machine.Have anybody on this forum ever replaced a chain on a Royal machine you have lay on the slide  look up at the inside the machine hold a flashlight in your mouth And try to put the chain just right or it will not work right I am 60 years old and after replacing the chain I am ready to go to the house.

Roller chain has been used extensively in many, many applications over the years. Transfer cases, engine timing chains, farm equipment, manufacturing machinery, list goes on.

• Like 1

Got the same one for my second account used on CL for $700 and his was brand new practically (guy just wanted gone) and I love this machine. Major step up from my Vendo vmax 576 I had at my original/first location. Only negative thing  about this machine is the loading back to front so if you gotta fix a jam or anything on the back side you gotta take all the front selections out first. But yeah love this machine and showed me what a good newer drink machine is like vs my much older 576.

5 hours ago, Georgia bulldog said:

I was watching some YouTube videos of how to configure / set up these machines. And I also did notice what you are talking about when they ere showing the part with he bicycle chain as you said. I did think it seemed like a bit of a weird design

4 hours ago, kyle0050 said:

Got the same one for my second account used on CL for $700 and his was brand new practically (guy just wanted gone) and I love this machine. Major step up from my Vendo vmax 576 I had at my original/first location. Only negative thing  about this machine is the loading back to front so if you gotta fix a jam or anything on the back side you gotta take all the front selections out first. But yeah love this machine and showed me what a good newer drink machine is like vs my much older 576.

thank you for this feedback glad to hear that it is a great machine. I offered the guy 800 a piece, he has 2 of them, but he turned down my offer. Sounds like you got the better deal haha

Edited by OVend

19 hours ago, AngryChris said:

The first generation or the most recent?  I never operated the latest one but first one definitely had problems.  The bevmax did too but crane eventually sorted most of them out.  I think royal just got royally fu.. screwed by a series of unfortunate events.

All of mine were from coke, and I never saw much difference.  They changed the picker cup harness but I never noticed much else improved.  I had a coke tech tell me he preferred working on the royal vs the bevmax; for me they both can be a challenge when things go wrong but I still prefer the bevmax.

• Like 1