which counter?

orsd

Get the Jetsort. It's several times faster than the other and it's newer and all digital. The Jetsort has the rolling stand so you can hang bags from it, it has the manual and some extra parts? Even if you have to get it reconditioned it's worth the investment.

I had the Brandt knockoff of the Jetsort and it did 4000 dimes per minute.

Do you guys think a coin counter is useful for me?  I have access to coin machines at my local banks.  I don't have to pay a fee because I already bank there.  I just record all of my revenues while I am on the route and I separate all of the coins and bills to be deposited later.

I kind of would like to have a coin counter and a bill counter but I can't justify the expense right now.  I guess I should just wait until I get big enough to have to deposit money into a safe to be counted later, or when I get robbed.

How are you recording revenue while on the route without a coin counter?  For that matter, are you sitting in the truck counting $1 bills?  Are you using the machine meter?  That's not really going to be entirely accurate, but if you trust your bank I suppose it is easy.

I have a much smaller coin counter than these (DeLaRue Mach 3) and a cash scale.  Very compact and you won't need a true "money counting" area.  I bag each machine on site, then count each bag at home.  Setup works fine for me, but I could see having a larger coin machine with large bags if you were counting a ton of coin.  Right now, I have to empty the quarter bin on my coin counter once or twice while counting at the end of the day (that takes all of a couple seconds).

How are you recording revenue while on the route without a coin counter?  For that matter, are you sitting in the truck counting $1 bills?  Are you using the machine meter?  That's not really going to be entirely accurate, but if you trust your bank I suppose it is easy.

I have a much smaller coin counter than these (DeLaRue Mach 3) and a cash scale.  Very compact and you won't need a true "money counting" area.  I bag each machine on site, then count each bag at home.  Setup works fine for me, but I could see having a larger coin machine with large bags if you were counting a ton of coin.  Right now, I have to empty the quarter bin on my coin counter once or twice while counting at the end of the day (that takes all of a couple seconds).

I count it all by hand.  After counting the money for that particular machine and writing down the revenue, I put the bag away and put the bills in a separate bag to be deposited together.  If a bank has a coin machine, I deposit all of my coins and bills in one go.  If they don't, I only deposit the bills.

As for accuracy, I can tell you this... several times... I have started with $0 in any cash in the beginning of the day and, after sorting it all out, ended up with my total value based off of my cards.  Let's say my cards (which has the revenue per machine) adds up to $675.40.  If I were to deposit ALL of that between the bank's bill counter and coin counter, I will probably be within 2 or 3 dollars.  I don't care about 2 or 3 dollars because I am usually OVER due to new crisp bills that I didn't count.  Today I was $4 under, but I specifically remember setting $46 dollars aside that I had just counted from one machine and I was SUPPOSED to put $4 on top of that stack to make it an even $50 but I forgot to do that... so I was $4 under.

I count it all by hand.  After counting the money for that particular machine and writing down the revenue, I put the bag away and put the bills in a separate bag to be deposited together.  If a bank has a coin machine, I deposit all of my coins and bills in one go.  If they don't, I only deposit the bills.

As for accuracy, I can tell you this... several times... I have started with $0 in any cash in the beginning of the day and, after sorting it all out, ended up with my total value based off of my cards.  Let's say my cards (which has the revenue per machine) adds up to $675.40.  If I were to deposit ALL of that between the bank's bill counter and coin counter, I will probably be within 2 or 3 dollars.  I don't care about 2 or 3 dollars because I am usually OVER due to new crisp bills that I didn't count.  Today I was $4 under, but I specifically remember setting $46 dollars aside that I had just counted from one machine and I was SUPPOSED to put $4 on top of that stack to make it an even $50 but I forgot to do that... so I was $4 under.

I think you'd find it much quicker to count the money at home with a good coin counter and bill counter.  I use a separate pouch for each machine and the only thing I have to do manually is check for 5 dollar bills which my machine won't catch - saves a lot of time in the field and I'm not flashing around a wad of cash counting it onsite.

Definately get your own counter and Bill counter..I count all my stuff at home first log it and deposit the full ammount into dif accounts. Im always off by 30-100 a month and its because my bill counter.from sams doesnt seperate values so eventhough I check very good a couple 5s and 10s sneak and slither into the stacks. Its always off by more though. I couldnt count it by hand..I looked for.silver quarters a while.back and it was.not worth it too many coins and time wasted.do your own counting at home it works great.

Even today with three routes running we still don't have a coin counter. Cash and coin is pulled at the location and put into a zipper bag, then into a drop safe in the truck. When the trucks come in I pull the bags and the cash is counted and recorded. The coin is kept separate by route and bagged together and then taken to the bank. The bags are are counted separately at the bank and the then recorded and reconciled with cash counts and meter readings.

Even today with three routes running we still don't have a coin counter. Cash and coin is pulled at the location and put into a zipper bag, then into a drop safe in the truck. When the trucks come in I pull the bags and the cash is counted and recorded. The coin is kept separate by route and bagged together and then taken to the bank. The bags are are counted separately at the bank and the then recorded and reconciled with cash counts and meter readings.

So I'm not alone in the fact that I have no counters. I would invest in them if I had no time but I can afford to do it by hand for now.

TKK, I don't understand how you are off by such a huge quantity. I'm off by maybe $200 at the end of the YEAR.

So I'm not alone in the fact that I have no counters. I would invest in them if I had no time but I can afford to do it by hand for now.

TKK, I don't understand how you are off by such a huge quantity. I'm off by maybe $200 at the end of the YEAR.

We do have cash counters for the cash but no coin counters.

Im off because some machines I have take 10s 5s and I even put 20s when I give people change at the laundromat and the bill counter wont seperate them it counts it at one. Usually its 40-120 a month. Plus someTimes I get dollar coins...

When people say I have 3 routes what does that mean? 3 service days? 3 citys? I consider mine a route...

Im off because some machines I have take 10s 5s and I even put 20s when I give people change at the laundromat and the bill counter wont seperate them it counts it at one. Usually its 40-120 a month. Plus someTimes I get dollar coins...

When people say I have 3 routes what does that mean? 3 service days? 3 citys? I consider mine a route...

I love it when I'm making my deposits and the bank catches all the fives I miss - I get to trade them a one for a five ( it usually pays for lunch that day)

Yeah its awesome usually they ask do you know how many ones there is and I say between 7000 to 7200 and they r like what you dont know the ammount and I tell them well usually theres an extra 100 or more. Then they take a dam hour to count them. And everyone stares at you especially when u bring in 3500 in coins in a dolly they look at you weird. And they always ask wow how long did you take to collect that, or with the ones sometimes tellers will be like wow you must do more than dancing haha

Yeah its awesome usually they ask do you know how many ones there is and I say between 7000 to 7200 and they r like what you dont know the ammount and I tell them well usually theres an extra 100 or more. Then they take a dam hour to count them. And everyone stares at you especially when u bring in 3500 in coins in a dolly they look at you weird. And they always ask wow how long did you take to collect that, or with the ones sometimes tellers will be like wow you must do more than dancing haha

I've got it set up so that I call the bank when I pull up to the back door and they let me bring it in that way so I don't have all the folks staring and asking questions as well as potentially making me a target for someone up to no good.

My bank will charge a fee if I deposit too much. They even charge a $.001 fee on every currency the exchange. To exchange $1000 in dollars for $1000 in 100 dollar bills would cost me $1.10 as a fee.

Does ur bank charge a fee?

They charge me 1% on the coin only with a max limit that I easily exceed every month which makes my effective rate on the coin about half that. When you add in the cash handling it probably works out to .1 or .2% of the total cash and coin deposited. To me having to ability to drop and go, even before regular hours the token amount I pay is well worth it.

BTW I bank at a small local bank where you really are a name and not a number and where relationships still matter.

2% is steep. If u do 10k a month thats $200! My old bank wouldnt charge and all.of a sudden the coin counter went to 10% fee the first $150 were free so I went to.my other credit union which I pay 0 for coin and cash deposits. The.coin counter counts like 3k in 10 minutes. The way I see it is this should be free.

2% is steep. If u do 10k a month thats $200! My old bank wouldnt charge and all.of a sudden the coin counter went to 10% fee the first $150 were free so I went to.my other credit union which I pay 0 for coin and cash deposits. The.coin counter counts like 3k in 10 minutes. The way I see it is this should be free.

I guess you need to either adjust the contrast on your computer or think about getting new glasses because there is a decimal point in front of the 2. So put another way I pay around 0.2%

Wow! 0.2% is even more! Thats like $2,0000000! Lol. Anyways id recommend a Brandt counter, like stated above doing this full time, a coin and Bill counter is a must

Wow! 0.2% is even more! Thats like $2,0000000! Lol. Anyways id recommend a Brandt counter, like stated above doing this full time, a coin and Bill counter is a must

Just to clarify .2% is exactly one tenth of two percent.  That said, I don't see how any full time vendor could operate without good coin and bill counting equipment.

Mission, if you want to reduce your costs then check out Frost bank, they're a home town style bank ( Texas only )where they will know your name. There is no charge for depositing coin, credit your account immediately and a commercial account is only $5.00 a month.

As an aside their coin counters are more accurate than the previous 2 banks we had.

Archived