Looking for new box truck

matthew0582

I ran 3 of the 14' Isuzu NPR diesels.  We insulated the box with foamed-in-place insulation, installed reefers that ran off the engine and built wood shelving in the back.  Mounted a roll-top safe inside as well.  We put soda on the bottom of each side, candy and pastry were out on the shelves.  It worked well for us here in Phoenix.  The engines ran 12 hours per day so the reefers were never off in the summer.

4 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

I run an NPR diesel as well.  If you are buying used, I think pre 09 or pre 11 is without all the without all the blue pee additive.

Model year 07 is the start of emissions.

I would avoid 07-13.

2010 is when DEF started but engines from 07 to 13 I would avoid due to reliability issues.

2018 promasters extended roof. $200 worth of 2x4s and plywood and built the shelves myself. Can run 15k a week out of them easily. I am in Canada so I prefer the front wheel drive the promasters offer over the sprinters (have 1 of those as well). 

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Still insane.  Good for you man.

$15K per week per route is totally doable with properly managed telemetry & prekitting. 

Edited to add: If that $15K is CAD it's only $11,450 USD, just sayin' whistling2_zpsxwsx2drd.gif

22 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

$15K per week per route is totally doable with properly managed telemetry & prekitting. 

Edited to add: If that $15K is CAD it's only $11,450 USD, just sayin' whistling2_zpsxwsx2drd.gif

Fair point my man! But I left out the 8k a week in coffee billables to lol

Archived