Why Won't Payrange Work on my AP Studio 3 Snack Machine

fhamann

Today I installed a Payrange unit on my AP Studio 3 snack machine.   The Payrange unit powered up with a continuously blinking red light.  According to the Payrange instructions, a blinking red light means that the unit is disabled by the vendor.  Is it possible to enable this Payrange unit in my AP Studio 3 snack machine?  I read the AP Studio 3 manual and could not find out how to enable the Payrange.  Thanks for your help.

regards,
Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

1 hour ago, fhamann said:

Thanks, I will check out the chip version next time I am there.  I already have set up an account with Payrange for 10 other machines..

how do you like payrange? I have one unit I bought years ago, but no matter where I put it, no one seems to want to use it.

Payrange is hit and miss.  It does good in a location that is in the basement of a mall and the USA Tech card reader does not get any reception.  For busy locations, card readers are much better.  Payrange is for the young who like to use their smart phones.

I have been disappointed in payrange, I thought it was a great idea but never had success in deploying it.  Use is always low even in tech smart locations like software firms.  The USA 4G card readers offer the smartphone payment options without having to download a dedicated app and set up an account.  I have great cell signals with the 4G antenna system, even in usually difficult places.  If the users' cell phone can get a signal the card reader can as well.  I still have payrange in one location but will phase it out eventually.

1 hour ago, Chard said:

we've put out 30 or 40 payrange units with good success.  educate, educate, educate.   that's how you make it work

I'm sure you're right but it seems silly to go around and having to "educate" everyone on how to use the device.  I get it when you have a small route and plenty of time on your hands (or very large accounts where you can justify "educating" people) but people like myself don't have the time to educate people lol.  Good for you for making them work.  They are probably the way of the future but I think card readers are where the money is at right now.

Card readers are and will be the future.  The Payrange entry point was low up-front cost, "easy" install and low monthly cost.  But they have such a difficult learning curve since they are the only one that has to be utilized with smart phones and in their own way - no contactless payment.  Customers have not become used to seeing them everywhere... and you CAN'T see them which is the greatest disadvantage.

• Like 1