Prosecute?

I've had a problem at an apt complex with snacks in the first few spindles of each row, being gone. Lost about $20-$30 worth of product each time. The mgr at the complex called tonight with evidence on camera of guys using a stick type thing and going up from the door, knocking off products. Last week, I put a sign on the machine saying this machine is under surveillance and I will prosecute.... Wondering if anyone has prosecuted and results? My state law is a 3rd degree burglary, class 5 felony.

Edited by mountain vender

Lol.

Good luck getting the cops to even show up. 

Round here the local cops barely respond to car smash and grabs. Hell if it’s under 950 it’s only a ticketable misdemeanor offense. Screw this state.

In any case unless you live in a really quiet rural area I doubt the cops will even respond. In the meantime try fixing your anti theft flaps.

Had an AMS 39 snack at a hotel. Glass smashed, all caught on camera. Took 17 months to come to trial. It was postponed twice, each time I lost about 2 to 3 hours of my day in court. Culprit was incarcerated on another charge. I got a letter from the state that the person would be required to reimburse me after they are no longer a ward of the state, in 2029.

Much more trouble than it's worth.

22 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

Had an AMS 39 snack at a hotel. Glass smashed, all caught on camera. Took 17 months to come to trial. It was postponed twice, each time I lost about 2 to 3 hours of my day in court. Culprit was incarcerated on another charge. I got a letter from the state that the person would be required to reimburse me after they are no longer a ward of the state, in 2029.

Much more trouble than it's worth.

Still so sweet to punish the bad guys!

15 hours ago, Anacapa Vending said:

Still so sweet to punish the bad guys!

I agree, punishment is good. Having said that, I would not have gone to court, if I had not been subpoena.

I also don't think you should pull a machine from a location for one incident.  There will be losses, it's a business, things happen.

To be honest, unless it did very well, I'd pull it.  If the machine makes $100/week but doesn't need brand new equipment, I'd consider a refurbished replacement or just a used machine.  Anything less and I'd question if it's worth trying to get someone to move it, deal with time money and stress, etc..

The person has lived there past 6 months, this is when I started losing products on bottom 3 rows. Video showed she used a golf club type thing, squeezed up from door and knocked it around, knocking product off front spindles. Therefore, I didn't put product in those rows, only higher rows. Then higher rows got knocked off. Pulled all product from machine until mgmt put in camera (2 months later), I lost $2900 compared to last yr's #'s, having it out of service and minus products in those rows, when in service. Mgmt said she has graffitied property & stolen boxes in the mail room. I made a police report today. My 3 other machines on that property, I have no prob with, due to cameras on them. It's just this one machine that finally got a camera set up on it, recently. 

Sounds like she's been given plenty of chances.  Time to make an example and throw the book at her.  People like this piss me off.  They know exactly how far to push it without getting into legal trouble.  (literally the problem with society now days).  Thank you for taking the time to prosecute her.