My single price Dixie Narco soda machine is not cancelling the credit after a vend. Sometimes after a purchase you can push any selection and get another drink. It’s kind of random on several columns. I thought it was “motor coast” but after watching several vends with the cover off that isn’t the case. It just simply still has a credit after vending a drink. Any help would be appreciated! 

My understanding is that the coin mech tells the relay to "stop" but the relay itself could be at fault.  Maybe try changing out the coin mechanism first and, if that fails, try replacing the relay if you have a spare one.

You need to do more than just watch it vend.  You need to continually set credits and test vend it until you can narrow it down to which motor is causing it.  It will lead to a single motor.  It's super rare for the relays to fail.  I have always carried and stocked them but never needed one nor sold one unless it was when converting a previous 4-price conversion back to single price.  Remember that the free vending column is not likely to be the one with the bad switch, the free vend is just a symptom.  You need to figure out which motors will CANCEL the vend and which one does not.

1 minute ago, AZVendor said:

You need to do more than just watch it vend.  You need to continually set credits and test vend it until you can narrow it down to which motor is causing it.  It will lead to a single motor.  It's super rare for the relays to fail.  I have always carried and stocked them but never needed one nor sold one unless it was when converting a previous 4-price conversion back to single price.  Remember that the free vending column is not likely to be the one with the bad switch, the free vend is just a symptom.  You need to figure out which motors will CANCEL the vend and which one does not.

So is it the switch that cancels the credit, the coin mech, or something else?

24 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Then it’s 3 motor switches going bad at the same time beacause all 3 did it. I vended 12 drinks from each column and had this happen in 3 columns. They all cancelled the credit. 

It’s typically just one switch, my experience has been the switches closest to the sides of the motor cover. Usually a can will bust when loading & that syrup will get in the switch. Interestingly, I have seen switches that are very hard to catch because the machine warms up enough with the door open that it won’t stick until it gets good & cold again. Glass cleaner usually works well on the switch. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kennytn said:

Well was it the switch or motor? My machine is doing the same thing.

I will know later today  

It seems so random is what gets me. I have plenty of brand new switches and a new relay. I just hate throwing parts at a machine. But I’m going to on this. Lol

1 minute ago, davendor said:

Easiest 2 parts to try first would be relay and coin mech, as well as loose connections and loose switches - if so, send lacanteen a beer

You know, come to think about it, that is a rebuilt coin mech from Coinco. They have been horrible with their repairs. I’ve had to send several back for warranty work. 

3 hours ago, allen watson said:

You know, come to think about it, that is a rebuilt coin mech from Coinco. They have been horrible with their repairs. I’ve had to send several back for warranty work. 

This is where a cheater cord shines.

I fixed it! 

Nobody including me got it right. 

For a nickel I’ll tell you. 😂 

also, the cheater cord will not work on Dixie-narco single price as diagramed. Seems like it’s upside down and backwards. #7 is an empty slot. 

43 minutes ago, allen watson said:

I fixed it! 

Nobody including me got it right. 

For a nickel I’ll tell you. 😂 

also, the cheater cord will not work on Dixie-narco single price as diagramed. Seems like it’s upside down and backwards. #7 is an empty slot. 

If it’s upside down and backwards that means you were looking at the plug and not the socket or vice versa.

Just now, orsd said:

If it’s upside down and backwards that means you were looking at the plug and not the socket or vice versa.

Yeah that’s what I figured but at least the number should’ve been right.  It ended up being a little solenoid with micro switch on the side of it that is right next to the vend relay

Archived