Which robotic arm beverage machine is best?

garytvmg

I come across four manufacturers that make robotic arm beverage machines: Dixie Narco (Model 5800); VendO Vue 30/40; Wittern Model 3561 and Royal Model 500.  We have one Diixie Narco 5800 that works fine, but we are looking at purchasing a Vendo Vue 40.  Does anyone have an experience with that machine or any of the other robotic arm machines? Which brand do you think is the best.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.      -- Gary

You don't want the Vendo Vue even if it were free.

The glassfront robotic machines have so many revisions and updates be careful when purchasing you could be buying something that needs a lot of money invested to be reliable. 

Dixie Narco 5800-4. Period. Hands down.

There is a reason most bottlers, Coke and Pepsi have gotten rid of pretty much all Vendo Vues and most of their Royal Visions, and are pretty much mostly Dixie Bevmax-4 now.

(the -2 and -3 can be converted to the -4 spec with 1000 in parts)

The distant runner up is a late model Royal Vision but there is no real reason to use it over a 5800.

And Vues are just absolute dumpster fires. I wouldn’t use one it if was free. Put it this way, there was a Vue for sale on Craigslist near me for $250 for a year plus. Finally that ad was taken down, and an ad for “Vendo Vue parts” appeared. LOL.

As for the Wittern, they are worth considering, but they are spiral style machines. If I were to get one of those I would go for an AMS instead, but the Wittern is still not a bad machine. But at the end of the day you would basically have to buy new on those, as used ones are very scarce.  Order them with the cold food health timer, as these machines are best suited as a cold food option for large accounts. A good way to use them is to put a couple shelves of food, and the rest specialty drinks that are hard to vend from a traditional machine. This allows you to offer cold food to large account, while simultaneously reducing the amount of food stocked and offering more drink varieties.

Edited by orsd
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Snickers said:

You don't want the Vendo Vue even if it were free.

The glassfront robotic machines have so many revisions and updates be careful when purchasing you could be buying something that needs a lot of money invested to be reliable. 

+1

Thanks for everyone's comments.  We passed on Vendo Vue (asking price was $500)  because of them.  We are now looking at a refurbished Dixie Narco 5800-3 with MEI bill validator and coin mech for $3000. 

But Member ORSD seems to think that a 5800-3 also have problems and suggests spending $1000 to upgrade to a 5800-4.  What is the problem with the 5800-3?  If we invested another $1000, we'd be up to $4000.  How much does a 5800-4 cost new?  Again, any thoughts and help you can give will be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, garytvmg said:

Thanks for everyone's comments.  We passed on Vendo Vue (asking price was $500)  because of them.  We are now looking at a refurbished Dixie Narco 5800-3 with MEI bill validator and coin mech for $3000. 

But Member ORSD seems to think that a 5800-3 also have problems and suggests spending $1000 to upgrade to a 5800-4.  What is the problem with the 5800-3?  If we invested another $1000, we'd be up to $4000.  How much does a 5800-4 cost new?  Again, any thoughts and help you can give will be greatly appreciated. 

I think, with mech and Val, it's about $7k, but I don't shop around for them much.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an account with a DN5591 "bottle drop" machine.  The DN5591 works as designed, but people complain about shook up sodas and sometimes the bottles (and sometimes cans) get stuck on the door.  The machine gets a lot of usage.  I need to refill it twice per week.  But to satisfy the customers due to the bottle drop issues, I am considering putting in a robotic arm machine.  I have experience with Vendo Vue and Royal RVV500 in other slower locations.  Both of these machines have given me few problems.  I do not have any experience with the DN5800.

It seems everyone hates the Vendo Vue.  I have had good luck with it in a moderately busy account for the past year. 

What is the consensus opinion of the Royal RVV500?

Do the robotic arm machines have less capacity than the DN5591?  It would be nice to have more capacity so that I can extend the times between filling.  Your opinions are welcome.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, Southeast Treats said:

Bev Max for sure.  They also have a smaller version (3800) that is only 7 wide if you have a location with space issues.

Funny cause I was just going to ask about good glass front machines as I have a location we're thinking about upgrading from stackers.  DN seems the way to go.  Question though, what model snack machine could I pair next to a DN 3800-4 that is reliable and has a similar look?  I see the slave machine, but is that a good option?

Edited by tblake05

4 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Funny cause I was just going to ask about good glass front machines as I have a location we're thinking about upgrading from stackers.  DN seems the way to go.  Question though, what model snack machine could I pair next to a DN 3800-4 that is reliable and has a similar look?  I see the slave machine, but is that a good option?

I think it depends entirely on the graphics on the bevmax.  To me, no snack machine looks quite like a bevmax.  If I had to choose though, I'd guess a crane merchant is the best machine to pair with it for looks.  It helps that crane manufactures both machines.

2 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Does the bevmax 5800 require any shims?  We mainly sell cans and 16.9 oz bottles.  But may branch off to red-bull if we got a glass front.

No the Dixie 5800 does not require any shims. It is the best glass front made hands down.

On 8/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, garytvmg said:

Bev 3 refurbished for $3,000 is a good deal. I know very reputable technician that says the bev 3 has a more resilient compressor then the Bev4. Either one is very good IMO.