can someone ID this for me, want to know if its a good machine before i go check it out

The machine is good for small location make sure you check four  things 1 is the machine cooling properly 2 make sure the dollar bill accepter works and 3 it takes coins. 4 make sure all 6 selections are working. The machine is old but parts are easy to find for it and if I was buying it I would not give over 400 dollars 

5 hours ago, lacanteen said:

A good garage machine, cans only, one price only. Not for commercial use for most Venders. Get rid of that old VFM bill acceptor. 

Quick question I have been wondering what VFM stands for. I have been researching some different bill validators and I see them sold with an option to have VFM mask. I tried looking up what VFM means but couldn't find an answer.

1 hour ago, Apple Leisure said:

Are you sure that's a single price machine?

Now that you mention it, I see the display. What board is it? 

36 minutes ago, OVend said:

Quick question I have been wondering what VFM stands for. I have been researching some different bill validators and I see them sold with an option to have VFM mask. I tried looking up what VFM means but couldn't find an answer.

VFM is Vending Full Mask. It's a model type that describes the mounting type. Need a picture of the computer board to see which version it is. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OVend said:

Value For Money

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheMageLives said:

that coin mech looks like its the same that I have in my machine a snackshop 5000

I do believe that the MPC used 110v coin mechs so it could be the same as yours but you should never ever ever plug any coin mech into an older machine just because it looks similar.  The worst case scenario is that you could fry several components.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, AngryChris said:

I do believe that the MPC used 110v coin mechs so it could be the same as yours but you should never ever ever plug any coin mech into an older machine just because it looks similar.  The worst case scenario is that you could fry several components.

So So True

Dixie Narco put the MPC into the field as their first Multi - Price Controller machine.  This was after they did a controller only used in military vending machines.  The MPC board is so outdated that its quirks are totally lost on anyone new now.  I could go into all of the quirks I remember but that could take awhile.

7 hours ago, Grand Nagus said:

What is MPC and why is that bad?

Just looking to avoid problems for any future purchases, thanks.

MPC is the name of the control board that came in the machine. It is the first generation of electronic control boards that DN used.

In order, they are single price electromechanical, 4 price electromechanical (rare), MPC, SII, SIID, and SIIID.

The single price and 4 price are pretty old and not worth much nowadays. Single price is still ok for garage use or if you got a buddy with an auto shop that really wants a machine. 4 price is really rare and there are no parts for them anymore, not worth messing with.

MPC like I said is the first of the electronic control boards, and were not great. No parts available and pretty obsolete. I think some boards had an issue with burning up if a column jams up. These are long and narrow boards.

SII is the next gen, and are generally pretty good. However I don’t think they are credit card capable. These boards are encased in a metal housing and have 2 red buttons.

SIID is a great board, reliable and supports credit card readers. There are 2 versions, both encased in a metal housing and with 1 button. The older has a red button, and has issues with card readers. The newer ones are blue button and are by far the most common. This is the one you want.

SIIID boards look like SIID boards but were only found in P series machines. Both the machines and the boards suck, bad. Avoid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Dixie Narco put the MPC into the field as their first Multi - Price Controller machine.  This was after they did a controller only used in military vending machines.  The MPC board is so outdated that its quirks are totally lost on anyone new now.  I could go into all of the quirks I remember but that could take awhile.

Be kinda interesting to see all the quirks if you remember them.

19 minutes ago, orsd said:

Be kinda interesting to see all the quirks if you remember them.

I vaguely remember something about how you had to make sure the machine was setup for multiprice mode to enable the logic mech to work or else it would default to single price and nothing would work